The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Post workout Gatorade...Yes or No?

Before I get to my question let me give you what I've been doing....
    I lift weights Mon, Wed, Fri and then Tues, Thurs cardio HIIT, diet is a 40/40/20 p/c/f. Ive been having consistant fat loss and not much weight loss which Im guess is due to muscle growth plus my weight isnt as important as the fat loss.

My question is after my workout I drink a gatorade and after I shower and get ready for work, about an hour later, drink a low carb protein shake. Is this completely counteracting my efforts? I heard that right after workouts its ok to drink a gatorade to replace glycogen (spelling)...please advise with your expert opinions. Thank you.
    ~What would the world be like if most people believed that we only live once,
    and that when we die we are dead forever?

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's nothing wrong with having some Gatorade and protein after a workout. Do a search for POst workout nutrition. You'll find many schools of thought on how much sugar you should use but everyone agrees that PWN is critical. Some people swear by the post workout insulin spike; others claim it's unecessary - the argument for/against the sugar.

I actually drink a shake during my workout, a very dilluted (1/2 gallon of water and ice) mix of Cytomax (like gatorade) plus 52 grams of whey protein. This is about 1.5 hours after breakfast, which always includes a lean meat, some oatmeal, piece of fruity and a few nuts. I drink that mix while working out and eat a full meal within 90 minutes of my workout. This is another thing some people think is bad but nutrition during a workout is a great way to build muscle.

tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10) tosca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this is true but usually the crowd in favor of pwo carb spikes believe that the ratio of fructose/sucrose in gatorade is not optimal.

LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50) LSMalibu will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nstavale View Post
    Before I get to my question let me give you what I've been doing....
    I lift weights Mon, Wed, Fri and then Tues, Thurs cardio HIIT, diet is a 40/40/20 p/c/f. Ive been having consistant fat loss and not much weight loss which Im guess is due to muscle growth plus my weight isnt as important as the fat loss.

My question is after my workout I drink a gatorade and after I shower and get ready for work, about an hour later, drink a low carb protein shake. Is this completely counteracting my efforts? I heard that right after workouts its ok to drink a gatorade to replace glycogen (spelling)...please advise with your expert opinions. Thank you.
    Three things:

1) Make sure you're not drinking ANYTHING after your HIIT workout except water. You shouldn't eat or drink anything for at least an hour after HIIT, and then you should be eating solid food, not drinking your calories.

2) Don't wait an hour to drink your protein shake. Drink it and your Gatorade right after your workout.

3) Use powdered Gatorade mix, not the pre-mixed drinks. The bottled Gatorade is mostly High Fructose Corn Syrup whereas the powdered version is mostly sucrose and dextrose (not ideal, but not bad considering the flavor/electrolytes)
    Northern California's best Mixed Martial Arts gym:
    http://www.ultimatefitness.pro

Registered User SpankMasterFlex's Avatar
    SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LSMalibu View Post
    Three things:

1) Make sure you're not drinking ANYTHING after your HIIT workout except water. You shouldn't eat or drink anything for at least an hour after HIIT, and then you should be eating solid food, not drinking your calories.
    Pleas explain why it would be bad to have a Post workout shake of 1 Scoup of Whey mixed with water?

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tosca View Post
    this is true but usually the crowd in favor of pwo carb spikes believe that the ratio of fructose/sucrose in gatorade is not optimal.
    Funny Ive heard the the sugar in gatorade is optimal. Thats why so many people are using it. Isnt the powdered stuff dex/suc?

Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SpankMasterFlex View Post
    Pleas explain why it would be bad to have a Post workout shake of 1 Scoup of Whey mixed with water?
    am intrested in knowing that too....i think a whey shake will stop muscle breakdown after a hiit session

Registered User SpankMasterFlex's Avatar
    SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SpankMasterFlex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Eliiias View Post
    am intrested in knowing that too....i think a whey shake will stop muscle breakdown after a hiit session
    x2

JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JudasS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Three things:

1) Make sure you're not drinking ANYTHING after your HIIT workout except water...
    Well, my first meal of the day is at 1000AM and I get up to do my HIIT at 8.45. Is this not okay? I want all the benefits from my HIIT, but I also want to do it fasted, but then eat and start the rest of my day.

Registered User bernbabybern820's Avatar
    bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bernbabybern820 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    X4

The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Painkiller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Thank you for all the advise. I can see this is a personal choice with so many different opinions....

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    x2
    x3...and x4...I can't imagine a good reason not to take post workout nutrition after a HIIT workout. That makes absolutely, possitively no sense whatsoever!!!!!!

Originally Posted by nstavale View Post
    Thank you for all the advise. I can see this is a personal choice with so many different opinions....
    I say don't get so god damn technical about it. If you like gatorade, use it. Who gives a **** if it's not "Optimal". If you're going to do a bb'ing show and your a hand full of weeks out from the contest, I can see dialing in all the intsy little details. For now, drink a Bud Light with Whey after your workout if that's what blows your hair back!

bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bill257 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I believe ghetto gatorade is better since it has different sugars than the bottled stuff. But you probably don't know about it or you wouldn't be asking this question.

Ghetto gatorade? Is it sugar water? P IDK

I am the traumatic event. justdragit's Avatar
    justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) justdragit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gatorade/Powerade is fine PWO.
    Gamecocks/Broncos/Braves

Wherever you go, there you are.

Squatchin' ain't easy.

solyntjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Cape1 View Post
    I say don't get so god damn technical about it. If you like gatorade, use it. Who gives a **** if it's not "Optimal". If you're going to do a bb'ing show and your a hand full of weeks out from the contest, I can see dialing in all the intsy little details. For now, drink a Bud Light with Whey after your workout if that's what blows your hair back!

No, you don't want bud light....you want the carbs from full flavored budweiser. Then later on, you should drink a wheat beer for slower digesting carbs

....I think I'll try this out.

To the OP -- I drink powerade or gatorade PWO.

Originally Posted by solyntjes View Post
    No, you don't want bud light....you want the carbs from full flavored budweiser. Then later on, you should drink a wheat beer for slower digesting carbs

....I think I'll try this out.

To the OP -- I drink powerade or gatorade PWO.
    You may be on to something here! A Double Bock for breakfast, A Bud during the workout and a nice German Wheat with a twist of lemon immediately after!

solyntjes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may be on to something here! A Double Bock for breakfast, A Bud during the workout and a nice German Wheat with a twist of lemon immediately after!
    Makin' me thirsty, man, haha.

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by solyntjes View Post
    Makin' me thirsty, man, haha.
    Would it be okay to mix Guiness and ON Whey together, guys?!?!? Is it the optimal thing to do?!?!?!

Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jell0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PrisonerDilemma View Post
    Would it be okay to mix Guiness and ON Whey together, guys?!?!? Is it the optimal thing to do?!?!?!
    BRILLIANT!!

Registered User The Brotherhood's Avatar
    The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) The Brotherhood is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Three things:

)
    Rubbish. Treat HIIT as a regular workout
    Miscer

MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MissThing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    x3...and x4...I can't imagine a good reason not to take post workout nutrition after a HIIT workout. That makes absolutely, possitively no sense whatsoever!!!!!!
    X5, I'd like to know the reasoning behind his too.
    LIFT. EAT. REST. REPEAT.

part of DA...keep it on the QT