Thread: Getting weaker

VMM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VMM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VMM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Getting weaker

I have been working out for about a year, and in the last 2 or 3 months I have not been getting stronger at all. I have not really gotten really weak, but have not been getting stronger at all.
    I am at the point I was about 5 months ago.
    I have changed my routine, if that could do it.

Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan101 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont worry VMM, this is natural. You've just hit a plateau. Everybody hits them. Just think of it as a wall you need to smash through.

You were right to change your routine. Also up your calories and squeeze in a bit more sleep. You really need to go intense to get through this. Intensity is the key here.

Hope i've helped.
    Original board member since 1999

Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Or you could be overtraining, but if you do what Dan said and get some more sleep and calories, this will help eliminate overtraining, if you are overtraining.

AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000) AsianInvasion is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Tke 1-2 weeks off, no weight training. You can do abs and cardio, but for the most part jusst eat good and rest. This will let your body take a break.
    I'm not binging...I'm bulking

Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robert is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with everyone, change your routine see if that works...if it doesn't maybe take a week of or so and come back and hit it again and that should do the trick.

Peace
    Don't quit it just cuz you can't lift it- Farma
    "Wanna get big? stop lookin and start workin!"- Farma
    "Quality not quanity applies to a lot of things; bodybuilding is one of those things" - Farma
    Psalm 23 "Fear No evil!"
    "The O.S.R has begun, we're taken out anyone in the way!!" - Farma

Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Iron Worker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with these guys. During the summer I had to take a month off from lifting (I had been lifting for about a year). I could only do push ups, pull ups and some rudimentery movements with pair of very light dumb bells. After that month was over I realized all of my lifts had gone up at least 10 lbs from the rest. My bench went up almost 20. So do take a rest and see what happens.