Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

I will bend the red nail. mydamnself's Avatar
    BodyPoints: 3620
    mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit mydamnself's BodySpace

Building Stupid Monkey Strength

So I got called up for OIF and departed to Camp Roberts and then Ft. Dix for Pre-Mob training. I switched modes. I began training exclusively for tactical fitness. Just from the sheer work output and sweating 24/7 I dropped 18 lbs. It didn't affect my strength that much, and my endurance was through the roof. there was no way I was deadlifting my 385, but you put me in combat gear and throw me on an assault course and I was the man.
    Then... Why is my hand turning colors like that? Whoops you tore a tendon in your hand. Have fun being homeless and jobless, goodbye!
    A month later I managed to stand up Average To Elite Training Systems in one month and can now begin my training again.
    I have established some goals I want to meet, that will require stupid monkey strength, and will also require my hand being fully healed. Right now I am looking at mid september for total rehab on my right hand. I am planning on attending the RKC in San Jose in February.
    My first goal is a Max VO2 test utlizing the snatch and a 20 minute time limit with a 20 kilo kettlebell. I have to re-develop my callouses, as the first time I tried this I ripped them off my hand.
    Max VO2 is 15 seconds on 15 seconds off of snatches (or substitute exercise) for the designated time. It is less intense than Tabatas, but you can sustain it.
    Check this out for an example. This woman is a phenom, and should shatter any illusions you have about how tough you are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiVPn06w2dE
    Here's the trick. I'll be doing it all left handed.

Here is what I'll do tomorrow to start the build up.

---

08/02/07

All movements performed with left hand unless otherwise noted.

Swings

10x12, 10x16, 10x20, 10x24 kilo

Turkish Get Up (one set on each hand)
    5x16, 3x20 kilo

High Pulls
    20x16, 10x20, 5x24, 5x24, 5x24 kilo

Pull Snatch
    10x20, 10x20, 5x24 kilo

Push Press
    10x12, 10x16, 8x20, 6x24 kilo

Swing Snatch
    20x16, 20x16, 20x16, 15x20, 15x20, 10x24 kilo
    Last edited by mydamnself; 08-01-2007 at 10:35 PM.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    5 minute 32 kilo kettlebell snatch test- 68 reps.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    20 60D nails and 10 Gr2 bolts bent in 20 minutes.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) mydamnself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Finished this today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Snatches kicked my ass a little as far as the endurance, but I pulled out the Turkish Get Ups without much issue. Followed it with a long day of training in the blazing hot sun, but I think I found a better spot down the street with some shade. I experimented with some lunging kettlebell cleans which were pretty brutal.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    ---
    I don't haunt this forum. If you say something and I don't reply, I'm not here. If it's important, PM me.

www.averagetoelite.com

Greasing the groove

When I had two good hands I basically pulled out all my gear and wrecked shop until I felt I was done, and it worked. Partially because I've been doing this long enough that I know how to listen to my body and my training style allows me to wing it. .
    Now I know I have to plan around my defective hand, but I think creating a program doesn't work for me. The other day I was in the park doing some training and started doing kettlebell flips with the 20 and 24 kilo. I probably did over a hundred of them total, and it worked. However, I do need benchmarks so I know I'm improving.
    I have to stop being a wuss and start dragging the sled again. It's just such an ass kicker it's hard to get going.
    I'm in a unique position, where I have no real limits to how I can construct my training schedule. So I am going to start training throughout the day using short workouts, down to even 10 or 15 minutes, and have one focused hour long workout three to four times a week, which will be specialized training such as dragging, weight training, etc.
    This is essentially a tweak version of Pavel's 'Grease the groove' philosophy.
    RKC Instructor
    ---
    Turkish Get Up- 100 lbs.
    Pistol- 40 kg.
    ---

www.averagetoelite.com