Nigel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how do i measure my body fat

???

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There are several methods of measuring bodyfat. The two most common are with a caliper and by using an electrical impulse. Some weight scales out there can measure bodyfat using an electrical impulse. This is easy and convienian, however it's not completely accurate. You can also purchase calipers from several sources that take a measurement from different areas on our body. The most accurate way is by taking the water displacement test. I've never had or seen this done, but I'm sure that your doctor and/or gym probably has the resources to have this done.

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    underwater testing sucks......... but it is the best! ive done it..... just get it read by a calipher... atleast you know its close

devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) devildog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How close are the scales that measure bodyfat? Are they in the ballpark? Was thinking about getting one and they're pretty pricey. Thanks

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Electrical impedance is pretty accurate. Much more than skin calipers or the "pinch test". Just don't drink alot of water before you take it. I tricked one into saying i had 5%bf at the end of a heavy bulking cycle...lol. I just drank like a gallon of water.
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

usually most properly calibrated caliphers are within 2-3%

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I bought the mechanical bf caliper from bb.com, and it is pretty damn accurate!
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A lot of the scales are waaaay off. In fact some are off as much as 5% which I think is insane. The one I have, however seems to be within 1%. It seems to read higher the more water/food you have in you. It reads most accurate when used first thing in the morning before you eat. I think it's made by a company called Taylor. Some of the digital calipers are pretty accurate. In fact there's one that bodybuilding.com sells that I believe is accurate to within 1%.

and make sure you take your BF measurments before you workout!!!! all that blood in your muscles can give you a reading actually higher than what you are really at.