rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rycbaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Any other potato besides sweet potato?

I was just wondering if it was ok to eat white/red or any other potato besides sweet potato? And although I would rather eat SP b/c it's healthier...i'm only asking b/c white potatoes are SO much cheaper to buy...
    give me abs or give me death

Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50) Future_KingKong will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

All potatoes are equally good.

By sweet potato, do you mean Yams?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    No Pain No Gain - Remain the Same.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

keeper of the holy oat Rogier77's Avatar
    Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rogier77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm gonna answer that before someone starts dissing you. No, yams and sweet potatoes are not the same. They arer quite similar though and there's a bunch of threads about the differences.

And yes, I eat normal potatoes and they're great (nutritionwise as wel)
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/Progress5.JPG[/url]
    [url]http://members.lycos.nl/kakarot_195/June2005.JPG[/url]
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=395321&d=1169853042

6'4 177lbs
    Ectomorph
    I still think we should nuke everest into the Mariana Trench... it's all about creating balance!

pissing off thought nazis bigbutnothuge's Avatar
    bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000)
    I eat the potatos that come in the big $2 sacks. Because I'm thrifty and it works fine for me.
    No sig

YOUR MOTHER'S BOOTY CALL steelo79's Avatar
    steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steelo79 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    purple potatoes have some diff. stuff than the others too. i like to switch a bunch of diff. types throughout the week to get the various benefits.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    potatos make you fat. The old saying is "you fatten up the hogs with potatos". Check the GI -better to eat table sugar.

Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Robbyrh10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnnyironboard
    potatos make you fat. The old saying is "you fatten up the hogs with potatos". Check the GI -better to eat table sugar.

Your kidding right?? I bet you think fat makes you fat as well. Sweet Potatoes and Yams are very nutritious. As for white spuds, stick to those post workout because they are rather high on the GI list.

lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    red potatos arent that startchy eother i think...

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Robbyrh10
    Your kidding right?? I bet you think fat makes you fat as well. Sweet Potatoes and Yams are very nutritious. As for white spuds, stick to those post workout because they are rather high on the GI list.
    Did I say sweet potatos? No. I said potatos I can see you can read what I told you- they are high on the GI.

Potatos make you fat? Correctomundo.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lol, I knew this debate was going to start causing major controversy.

johnnyironboard - just as there has been a recent upsurge in the number of people saying you should just eat tons of carbs and carb-cutting is futile, so too are many now saying that the GI is now all worthless information. I don't comment much on these debates as it has gotten a bit too far for my liking: state your mind, opinion or experience and if it is not in line with what people think they literally insult you and your intelligence. I will sit on the wall, thanks

To the original poster - if you believe the GI is useful then stick to sweet potato and possibly red potato as I think it has a fairly low GI too. If you don't follow the GI route then all potatoes is very similar.

X