kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

are decline bench press important?

So i was doing decline bench press 6 years ago and one of the trainers at the 24 hour fitness i went to told me that it mostly works out shoulders, he also said other things like, "theres no way to work your rear delts" but that first statement has always stuck to me, so how important is it, and where does it add to chest?

Thanks alot

Lost_Elements has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It works your lower pecs. I have never seen anyone at my gym perform this exercise. If you wanna work you lower pecs do dips, their great for em.

Clark Kent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Decline is a great exercise for the lower part of your chest, but I wouldn't make it a central theme of your chest workout. Just add a set or two at the end of your workout to make sure you've really hit every part of your chest.

Dips are also great, but some people can't do them for whatever reason (not strong enough, too heavy, painful, etc.) In these cases, decline bench press is an excellent alternative.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Clark Kent
    Decline is a great exercise for the lower part of your chest, but I wouldn't make it a central theme of your chest workout. Just add a set or two at the end of your workout to make sure you've really hit every part of your chest.
    Agreed.

I find decline uses tri's heavily, not so much delt's at all as flat. That's why when I did it instead of lat before my flat went down signifcantly.

kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kobefan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so would dips basically replace decline?

since i do 4 sets of dips in my workout?

Thanks again

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kobefan
    so would dips basically replace decline?

since i do 4 sets of dips in my workout?

Thanks again
    Why not do 2 dips 2 decline?

Decline is worth doing as well IMO. I used to think not until I actually bothered to do it for a few weeks.

Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steveo31 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, I like them. My routine is going to become:

4 incline
    3 rg bench
    3 dip
    4 decline

Dips are a wee bit hard on my shoulders, otherwise I'd do them higher in the totem pole. Declines are pretty underrated IMO.
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

-ohashi

johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) johova70 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Decline presses are usually apart of my daily chest and tri routine. I do four sets of regular bench, incline, and decline, ending with three sets of cable flyes. I would reccomend doing them as a workout to do after u do inclines

391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 391rippy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you don't want to completely skip declines, however i wouldn't focus on them. i usually just do a few sets of cable decline flies at the end of my chest workout, as they seem to be more effective than decline press

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kobefan
    So i was doing decline bench press 6 years ago and one of the trainers at the 24 hour fitness i went to told me that it mostly works out shoulders, he also said other things like, "theres no way to work your rear delts" but that first statement has always stuck to me, so how important is it, and where does it add to chest?

Thanks alot
    Some trainer...never heard of reverse flyes i take it.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if you're doing l-f dips, imho, no.
    <->

Custom User Title user123456sdjf's Avatar
    user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10) user123456sdjf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thought decline bench provided the most muscle stimuli?

was posted here before of that study.

TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TrAiTioR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love decline dumbell bench press. I can't d dips and when I try it puts too much pressure on my elbows. Butif dips work for you do those and decline. 3 sets dips 2 sets barbell decline, but if your using dumbells, do 3 sets decline and 2 sets dips