Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question In a word is it worth taking BCAA?

Yes or no, specify why if you wish.

armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armz_ha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GGHT
    Yes or no, specify why if you wish.

Imo yes, ONLY if you're having trouble fitting in lots of protein...
    Last edited by armz_ha; 01-17-2005 at 06:23 PM.
    doesn't watch t.v.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by armz_ha
    Thanks buddy. reps

Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, pre-workout only. Take 20% of your body weight in grams. So if you are 200lbs, take 40g and see if you like it. I do.

Originally Posted by Dimitar
    Yes, pre-workout only. Take 20% of your body weight in grams. So if you are 200lbs, take 40g and see if you like it. I do.
    I heard it helps with recovery time?

Registered User Complete Muscle's Avatar
    Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    agreed, especially when cutting
    Make time to eat!

Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimitar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GGHT
    I heard it helps with recovery time?
    Yes, and keeps me going in the gym, as it spares the BCAA in the muscles as a source of energy when needed.

Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mavs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, most definately...Next to a multi-vitamin and protein, the most valuable supp, IMO.
    Normally I'd just shoot you and be done with it, but you caught me in a transitional period, so I'm gonna help you....
    Look in that bag and get my wallet...
    Which one is it?
    The one that says Bad Mother****er on it.

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hell ya its worth it. Its pretty cheap and i believe it works. I take it before and after work outs and just once on off days.

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes. its been proven to aid in protein synthesis and decrease catabolism. Great cutting supplement IMO. To the poster up top, you sure about those doses? 40g is a helluva lot of BCAA
    Disregard Taco Bell, Acquire Filiberto's.

AllProStatus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the above. I use them throughout the day and they have helped me a lot. These are staples in my diet.
    "You are only as good as your last lift"

Thumbs up

Damn looks like i'll be getting some....reps for all those who helped, if I don't I will when recharged.
    Are they expensive?

97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 97S281_27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JustBrowsin
    To the poster up top, you sure about those doses? 40g is a helluva lot of BCAA

I was wondering about that also??? 40 grams of BCAA's is quite a bit.

timers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    haha, 40 grams. Thats 40 capsules for me.

Thats WAY too much.

my bottle says take 1-3 capsules, 1000 mg daily.

40 x that is insane.

Originally Posted by 97S281_27
    I was wondering about that also??? 40 grams of BCAA's is quite a bit.
    To you and to the person above...

I read those instructions in a ebook some time ago, written by a guy who totally dismissed BCAA until he used them in the quantity stated pre-workout and was happy with the results. Moreover, this is the recommended dosage of Xtreme Formulations ICE, which is a BCAA product with some Glutamine:

Suggested Use: Mix ICE in cold water with a shaker bottle for best results split dose and consume before and during your workout. Optimal dosage is determined by bodyweight, lean body mass to be more specific. Determine bodyfat percentage and subtract your fat mass from your total body mass. The figure you are left with is you LBM (lean body mass). For example a 220 pound athlete with 10% bodyfat would be carrying 22 pounds of fat mass, so this athlete's LBM calculates out to 198 pounds. Now take your LBM and multiple that figure by 0.2, in this example the new figure which is used for dosage is 39.6. Each scoop of ICE provides 5 grams of product, so in this case the athlete would mix approximately 8 scoops of product in cold water. For optimal results do not use less than half of this dose. Liquid amounts can vary but a good starting point is to use 2 ounces of water per scoop (5 g) of ICE.

I can't handle the taste anymore so I take at most half the recommended dosage for my weight. Still, the results are noticeable unlike any of the other things I have tried. Again, I'm speaking from experience. Also, I use BCAA only on workout days.

P.S. I consider buying some gelatin capsules for ICE since it's way too overflavored and getting back to the intial dosage. I won't regret it for sure, but next time will buy some bulk BCAA.

Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Complete Muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ICE is approx 30% glutamine (with BCAA's), so 40g ICE would be around 28g BCAA's and 12g glutamine. That still sounds like a lot. Wouldn't a good whey protein shake accomplish basically the same thing?
    Make time to eat!

j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) j_neatherlin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

in a word?

yes
    $157 billion creates 650,000 jobs = $240,000 cost to create or save 1 job

Originally Posted by Complete Muscle
    ICE is approx 30% glutamine (with BCAA's), so 40g ICE would be around 28g BCAA's and 12g glutamine. That still sounds like a lot. Wouldn't a good whey protein shake accomplish basically the same thing?
    Correct, ICE has 2.77g of Glutamine in 10g.

ON Whey is about 23% BCAA. That means you would need to ingest about 5 servings to get the same amount. If I eat anything even within an hour of working out I would get sick and won't finish my workout. I know many people are not like that, but taking a 100+ grams of protein seems more excessive to me.

Any other feedback from users?

gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im not new to supplements or anything...ive taken my fair share but what is bcaa??? ive never heard of it

Red face

Originally Posted by gottiCN
    im not new to supplements or anything...ive taken my fair share but what is bcaa??? ive never heard of it
    Branch Chain Amino Acids

There have been a lot of threads about it, im reading up also.

BCAA = Branch-Chained Amino Acids

When muscles run out of energy during a workout, for example, the body burns them for energy. You can make your own conclusion about their supplementation from here.

gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gottiCN has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh no ****...another supplement i will probably end up taking...i take it this is used in pre-workout?

sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    branch chain amino acids
    i just use my ON, whey when i wake up pre workout and after workout, and with milk at night time
    gives me a nice supply throughout the day
    but yes they are worth it, but would i just buy a tub of bcass no

If your body has adequate carbs would you still use BCAA's for fuel? I should have said whey/carb shake in my earlier post.
    Make time to eat!

The first 5 passages are quite informative

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/inmag12.htm

edit: page 4 is quite good as well, I just realized I knew most of it but never saw it all in one article

edit II: note that they say glycogen (energy stored) and not blood sugar levels (energy in the system). Someone somewhere said that it does not matter what you ate before working out but what you ate the day before. I completely agree. Once you replenish the glycogen stores in the liver and the muscles (starting with your post-workout shake), you will have the same energy even without your carb shake, of course up to the point you deplete those stores. Then you use the BCAA's to keep going. Again, that's how I feel it. It may be different for different people.
    Last edited by Dimitar; 01-17-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Interesting read Dimitar! I will be trying this out soon...
    Make time to eat!

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes for sure
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000) FreeBirdbulker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think it would be valuable to stack some BCAA's with a simple Amino Acid mixture too. BCAA's are not the only aminos burned during exercise for energy. There are about 3-4 others.

For instance
    Dymatize 4800 is $20.95
    Optimum BCAA Powder is $23.95

That would last you about 2-4 months depending on how much you took.
    i have a lot of tattoos for a 21 year old

myspace.com/agstud3

cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cute_monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    so wht's best to take before cardio to prevent catabolism,a protein shake or bcaa?
    The Finest Steel.........Must Go Through The.......HOTTEST FIRE.......

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like ICE by Xtreme Formulations or Xtend by Scivation yes take them pre, during and for sure afterwards of all your workouts. Also inbetween meals if you wish. I do cardio practically on an empty stomach besides a scoop of whey and a serving of BCAA to prevent muscle loss. The results have been great
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"