dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

does squatting increase sprint speed?

^^
    "Well I Mean Milk Is Juice From A Cow Right?"

I rep back

surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dont see why not...you probably need to access your technique maybe...maybe if you slowly lower the bar into a full squat..the explode up as fast as you can.

Read somewhere that by increasing rep speed or something like that is good for sports where you need explosiveness.
    No Pain---No Gain

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3469541

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Registered User tatortotajigalo's Avatar
    tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000) tatortotajigalo is just really nice. (+1000)
    simply yes.

i never run.

my 40 went from 5.6 to 5.1, while my squat went from 225 to 335, this happend in 2 months.
    Owner of Southern Style Trucks - Houston, Texas.
    Let me know if you need any after market accessories for your vehicle of any make/model and I will let you know if I can get it. We're also a diesel performance and repair facility.

Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i asked this to my coach a while back and he said no for the following reason...the way most of us squat, we're increasing slow twitch fibers and adding mass, those two things will ultimately slow you down, unless you train to increase fast twitch, which should help you increase speed

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i think HIIT would increase sprint speed. i dont believe squats would do it imo becasue even small ppl can take off fast. Plyometrics training would do the job.

doing outdoor obstacle courses with cones would increase your speed.

because sprinting is mostly a anerobic activity. so you would want to train in that zone for a couple of seconds.

ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hmm work on you calves to build explosiveness

Location: Garbage Island, Pacific Ocean, Heard and McDonald Islands
    laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) laxster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ashton3366 View Post
    hmm work on you calves to build explosiveness
    um no it's the hips and core that build explosiveness, try doing olympic lifts, those will make you faster off the start, but to answer your questions I don't think squats help much

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    or why doesnt he just do plyometrics? becareful with powercleans and power thrusts. if you do it wrong you can injure your wrists easily

surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfnut will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah but if he concentrates on doing the squats explosively with a light weight and higher rep range...wont he be conditioning fast twich fibres..and increase strength and not size.
    No Pain---No Gain

dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dumac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what about lunges? we did those for wrestling

I rep back

Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dumac View Post
    ^^
    to tell you the truth idk, but i know if it does it doesnt do it as efficiently as like say doing HIIT would, but i would say, squat to bodywieght ratio MIGHT determe some aspects of speed that combined with explosiveness, form (yes there is good form and bad form in running), and thats about it. lol
    "The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive."

Throw dirt on my name, I come out a wild flower no homo

Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Staggy73 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what about lunges? we did those for wrestling
    great exercise for leg explosiveness.
    "The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive."

Throw dirt on my name, I come out a wild flower no homo

CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000) CoffeCanSlayer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tatortotajigalo View Post
    simply yes.

i never run.

my 40 went from 5.6 to 5.1, while my squat went from 225 to 335, this happend in 2 months.
    Same here, except I was at a 5.8, now im at a 5.0. But I think that has to do with the 55lbs ive lost, but squats will really help you.

DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DmStags45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if were talking about running the 40 yes. and for this reason your first 15-20 yards you are driving and pushing the ground as hard as you can the harder you push off the ground the faster you will move once you get up to speed though you cant fight it you should be gliding by the time you get to 20 yards. and another thing you have to stay relaxed while you rn if you get tense your done

also i'm thinking about doing sprinting next year in track. anything else i should know? like what kind of exersises (lifting, plymetric, running) are typical if you want to increase speed?

I rep back

ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ashton3366 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hmm its would appear clafs only contribute if you run with good form sorry i stand corrected

Registered User Supertransplant's Avatar
    Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Supertransplant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yes it does.

Sprinting is about having super strong legs. So yes it does.
    just lift hard, eat hard.. rest right... **** doesnt happen over night..

Originally Posted by ashton3366 View Post
    hmm its would appear clafs only contribute if you run with good form sorry i stand corrected
    your calfs still contribute in the start of a race...prob just not as much as your hips / upper legs
    No Pain---No Gain

i always heard if you run with a good lean your calfs are your explosiveness

JLin12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^
    Yes, if done explosively. Squating, power cleans, hang cleans, walking lunges, and calf raises will greatly increase your speed. But remember, when squating especially, you have to go down slowly, and I MEAN EXPLODE upwards. This will help create fast twitch muscle fibers, which will increase speed and jumping.

In case you can't tell, I used to be really into increasing my vertical leap and my speed. Today, it's more about speed, since I don't play basketball anymore. But, if you are serious about increasing your speed, try some plyometrics on top of it. The combination of lifting and plyo's will produce excellent results, quickly.

For me, I never really lifted to increase my bulk or for physical appearance, although it is good for the ladies. I did it for the benefits in sports. Glad to see that somebody else has some interest, too!

also i'm thinking about doing sprinting next year in track. anything else i should know? like what kind of exersises (lifting, plymetric, running) are typical if you want to increase speed?
    I don't have the time now, but I will come back and give you some excellent examples for speed and vertical leap training -- the two go pretty much hand and hand, both benefits the other. My leap is 32 inches now, although it used to be about 36 inches, and I'm running the 40 in 4.65 seconds. The stuff I will give you will be a combinations of plyometrics, lifting, and isometrics.

Wink

Originally Posted by JLin12 View Post
    Yes, if done explosively. Squating, power cleans, hang cleans, walking lunges, and calf raises will greatly increase your speed. But remember, when squating especially, you have to go down slowly, and I MEAN EXPLODE upwards. This will help create fast twitch muscle fibers, which will increase speed and jumping.

In case you can't tell, I used to be really into increasing my vertical leap and my speed. Today, it's more about speed, since I don't play basketball anymore. But, if you are serious about increasing your speed, try some plyometrics on top of it. The combination of lifting and plyo's will produce excellent results, quickly.

For me, I never really lifted to increase my bulk or for physical appearance, although it is good for the ladies. I did it for the benefits in sports. Glad to see that somebody else has some interest, too!

..what I said
    No Pain---No Gain

KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KnockoutLB_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    squats help you with your start/explosiveness. Hamstring strength/flexibility increase your top speed.

vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) vikings v2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not if you put on a lot of weight with it

speed is all about your strength:weight ratio

thanks for the advice so far more is always welcome. it seems to me that the key is to do all reps explosively to hit fast twitch fibers which make sense.

now talking about supplements quickly what ones besides creatine can help with sprints?

I rep back

thanks for the advice so far more is always welcome. it seems to me that the key is to do all reps explosively to hit fast twitch fibers which make sense.

now talking about supplements quickly what ones besides creatine can help with sprints?
    I'd say **** supplements for sprinting. I think supplements can be an excellent choice for increase bulk and strength. But sprinting or anything explosive won't be helped much by supplements.