Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Hardgainer AND Hardloser FrostFox's Avatar
    FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    -= DAY 3 =-
    1740 calories, 117g protein

Workout: 40m on the stationary

Protein is again low. I've been pretty carb happy as of late, so I'll try to cut down. The food is "clean", but without protein I'm out of luck.
    FrostFox's "Girls run from me because I'm fat" Fat Loss/Strength Gain log ^_^
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3920883
    I'm Back in Business Baby!

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're still missing it brotha....

More food = more muscle + less muscle loss = more metabolism = faster fat loses in the end.

That 1740 calories is hardly covering your BMR!
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    -= DAY 4 =-
    1740 calories, ?? protein (ate a health meal at a resto, clean food, with no protein figures... I am guessing a little over 100 only)

Again, way too many carbs.

dlifts: 3x8x85lbs
    squats: 3x8x85lbs
    toe press: 3x8x100lbs
    V-ups: 1x8x0

I felt the workout, but I would hardly call it taxing. I don't want to bulk, though... I'll stick with this plan for now, maybe in a little while I will take Derick's advice

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

-= DAY 5 =-
    1760 calories, 105 protein

No cardio today, as DOMS has kept me off the stationary. I may move around the structure of my workout to compensate. Then again, it could also be my lack of protein. The only way I will hit 160g is with 4 protein shakes a day, and at that point it's practically a velocity diet

-Sir Winston Churchill

-= DAY 6 =-
    2605 calories, 233 protein

An "accidental" cheat. I looked under the wrong column when calculating caloric needs and did not calculate the skin which put my estimate about 800 calories under what I actually I ate. Oh well, at least I got over double my usual protein it will be interesting to see my weight tomorrow.

I had my usual shake and eggs breakfast, and for dinner I had 5 chicken legs (with skin). Calories add up damn fast!

Weekend, no workouts scheduled. Still, the DOMS is making it painful to sit down... (I really worked those glutes!)

-Sir Winston Churchill

-= DAY 7 =-

Looks like I overestimated my caloric intake yesterday, because I again lost weight when I stepped on the scale this morning.

I had my first cheat day. I ate pretty damn close to perfect all week. I wasn't absolutely craving it, so it was not as if I lost control. I did not overeat. I am a little bloated right now (as is expected) but that should subside by tomorrow morning.

I did my upper body workout today, and will do it on Sundays hereon. Lower body workouts will be done on Saturdays, and I will resume weekday cardio when the DOMs dies down (hopefully I should still get 4 cardio sessions in during the week).

bench - 3x8x75 lbs : still very easy.
    shrugs - 3x8x110 lbs : just right! Will increase it next time
    curls - 3x8x40lbs : starting to get hard
    dips - managed to do 9 reps this time around, I could have squeezed out one more if I really tried, but I quit.

That's all for tonight. Weigh in results will be posted tomorrow

-Sir Winston Churchill

~ WEIGH IN - END OF WEEK 1 ~
    162.4 lbs, 32" waist
    change: -3.6 lbs, -1" waist

The water weight came off. I don't expect another drastic drop in weight next week... I'll probably do 1 to 1.5 lbs per week until I hit my bodyfat goal. I should have a 30" waist by then.

-= DAY 8 =-
    1745 calories, 128g protein

Ate clean.

no workout (DOMS)
    I think tomorrow I should be ready to resume my cardio. We'll see.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I can't believe I forgot to update this thing!

-= DAY 9 =-
    1730 cals, ~110 protein

Love that cottage cheese. No cardio today.

-= DAY 10 =-
    1740 cals, ~105 protein

Workout: 40m on the stationary

Another good day. Finished off the day with some oatmeal. Carbs before bed? I never subscribed to the whole "no carbs before bed" theory.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Forgot to update again yesterday... argh

-= DAYS 11 and 12 =-

Each day started out great: clean breakfast, clean lunch... then I went over to a friend's house for dinner where I promptly cheated. Looks like I won't be cheating this Sunday. I also missed cardio the past two days, as well.

People can look at cheats and missed workouts in one of two ways: one, that they've failed and should quit, that they "can't take" the regimen they set themselves out to do; two, they can view it as a setback yet something they can learn from. I prefer the second point of view. I'll try harder to keep myself on track.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'm hitting the gym first thing for my lower body workout.

-Sir Winston Churchill

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One or even two messed up days won't hurt you.. just get back on track and learn to forget and move on =P

Don't dwell, it won't help at all.
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

-= DAY 13 =-

A controlled day at a special event. I was out all day and tried my best to eat the good foods. The important thing was that I left the special event for two hours to workout No way am I missing another workout!

dlifts: 3x8x95lbs
    squats: 3x8x95lbs
    toe press: 3x8x120lbs
    V-ups: 1x12x0

Up 10 pounds on the deadlifts and squats, up 20 pounds on the toe press. Managed another 4 reps on the V-ups.

I can almost fit into 32" pants! I tried some on today and they were just a little snug. Because I measure my waist at the navel, I am actually closer to 33"; the reason I measure it that way is for consistency. My navel will probably be closer to 31" when I am ready to buy 32" pants.

-Sir Winston Churchill

-= DAY 14 =-
    One cheat in the morning, one healthy meal at night

bench - 3x8x85 lbs
    shrugs - 3x8x120 lbs
    curls - 3x8x45lbs
    dips - 10 reps

Still progressing everywhere. I'm not getting DOMS from my upper body workouts anywhere nearly as bad as I am getting it for my lower body. I am waddling all over the place... 3x8 ATG squats and 3x8 deadlifts = a killer workout.

~ WEIGH IN - END OF WEEK 1 ~
    162.8 lbs, 32.25" waist
    change: +0.4 lbs, +0.25" waist

Lack of discipline lead to backsliding. It's amazing that just a few cheats can bring my weight up like that. I'm not 18 anymore, I have to remember that.

I have been thinking of giving up cheats entirely, at least during my cut. I'm an all-or-nothing kind of guy, and this may be a solution.

-Sir Winston Churchill

-= DAY 15 =-
    1760 calories, <100g protein

Not enough protein. Though, I watched some friends eat some pizza in front of me, and they begged me to take a slice. I told them no. I was quite proud of that. After having gained that bit of weight last week, it gave me a new resolve.

I am hearing a lot of "you are too thin" from some friends and family, but frankly, with a 33" waist I have no idea what they're talking about. Strange.

-Sir Winston Churchill