Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How ya doin', friend?
    A tree can't grow to heaven unless it's roots reach down to hell.

stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stevenadrien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Let's hope he's ok. That illness must have really taken a toll on him.

Hardgainer AND Hardloser FrostFox's Avatar
    FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Feeling a little better. Haven't been eating the best (far from all-out cheating, though), but I've been doing a lot of sleeping.
    FrostFox's "Girls run from me because I'm fat" Fat Loss/Strength Gain log ^_^
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3920883
    I'm Back in Business Baby!

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FrostFox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All right, I'm back and in action.

Unfortunately, I gained about 2.5 pounds on my 3 days off. Ouch! Granted, some of that is water. But I want to be in the 160s by the new year with a 34" waist, and this current diet is not going to take me there in time.

I am going to return to my previous diet of ~1500 cals per day (1000 deficit) because that diet allowed me to lose 2 pounds per week with no cardio. I'm also going back to Rippetoes; I'll give a volume program another shot when I'm eating at or above maintenance. Until then, here's to simplicity.

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.
    -Sir Winston Churchill

derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) derickonfire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hell ya brother.

Sounds like your confident in your decision, and I support you.

It seems like this new workout was too taxing or something, and the progress wasn't worth it?

Good luck man.. that's a very low cal limit!

Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    Hell ya brother.

Sounds like your confident in your decision, and I support you.

It seems like this new workout was too taxing or something, and the progress wasn't worth it?

Good luck man.. that's a very low cal limit!
    The diet wasn't the problem... the rate at which I was losing weight was. 2000 cals + full cheat day once a week = 0.25 pounds a week if I'm lucky. I probably wasn't gaining much muscle, given that I was in a caloric deficit. And I absolutely hated that workout program. I dreaded going to the gym; on Rippetoes, I looked forward to workouts. I never had to deal with serious DOMS beyond the first week on Rippetoes, while on BFL I had it after every workout and I wasn't feeding my body enough to repair itself afterwards.

Very low cals, but that's how I lose weight in September. Earlier in my life, I lost weight by biking for almost an hour, and I did that about 5 times per week... no weight lifting. I'd rather starve myself than go through that again.

I'll start counting up the days, but I am not going to have a specific stop date like I had before. My goals are simple: under 170 lbs and under 34" waist by Jan 1st. I have about 2 inches to go.

I contemplated starting a velocity diet, but as long as I can lose weight using this method, I will keep that "in reserve" so to speak.

-Sir Winston Churchill

CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i lose about 2 pounds a week on average. after losing 50 pounds but waist size went from a tight squeeze at 36 to comfy at 34. you might be SOL bud.

how much do you weigh now?
    started a fat ass, lost 50 pounds now i'm bulking the f*** up

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*

This morning I weighed 180. Out of high school, I was 160 lbs and a 32 waist. I figure if I go all the way down to 160, I'll be a 32 again. We'll see.

-Sir Winston Churchill

Starting Weight: 180 lbs.

[ DAY 1 ]
    Food: 1485 calories, 105 protein

note: I lost 2 pounds in one day, waking up at 178.2 pounds the day after... the water weight is coming off. 160 club, here I come!

-Sir Winston Churchill

105g protein!?

I ran out of protein, going to buy more protein supps. It's going to be a struggle to get it to 140 because Matrix 5.0 is 44g for 220 cal, versus 60g for 260 cal from the ISO sensation stuff.

-Sir Winston Churchill

CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10) CR Racer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FrostFox View Post
    I ran out of protein, going to buy more protein supps. It's going to be a struggle to get it to 140 because Matrix 5.0 is 44g for 220 cal, versus 60g for 260 cal from the ISO sensation stuff.

give me the scoop(pun most certianly intended) on the ISO sensation protien mix. is that the stuff that is already partially digested?
    started a fat ass, lost 50 pounds now i'm bulking the f*** up

*-*Brothers Of Iron*-*

Maybe look into some Syntrax Nectar or the like..

90 cals, 23 protein.. mixes well with water...
    Lemonade tastes good - but they all seem to have good reviews..
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/syn/nectar.html
    Fuzzy Navel is enxt for me..

There's also
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ergo/gf.html
    and
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/wpi.html

Thanks again for the links Derick, I will be looking them up.

ISO Sensation 93 is just whey... look it up at your supps store.

-Sir Winston Churchill

george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) george9856 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The diet wasn't the problem... the rate at which I was losing weight was. 2000 cals + full cheat day once a week = 0.25 pounds a week if I'm lucky. I probably wasn't gaining much muscle, given that I was in a caloric deficit. And I absolutely hated that workout program. I dreaded going to the gym; on Rippetoes, I looked forward to workouts. I never had to deal with serious DOMS beyond the first week on Rippetoes, while on BFL I had it after every workout and I wasn't feeding my body enough to repair itself afterwards.

Very low cals, but that's how I lose weight in September. Earlier in my life, I lost weight by biking for almost an hour, and I did that about 5 times per week... no weight lifting. I'd rather starve myself than go through that again.

I'll start counting up the days, but I am not going to have a specific stop date like I had before. My goals are simple: under 170 lbs and under 34" waist by Jan 1st. I have about 2 inches to go.

I contemplated starting a velocity diet, but as long as I can lose weight using this method, I will keep that "in reserve" so to speak.
    if u r going to eat that low calorie, think abt doin a velocity mate, atleast less chance of muscle loss and in 28 days u culd b ripped ! i started mine today aswell !

Originally Posted by george9856 View Post
    if u r going to eat that low calorie, think abt doin a velocity mate, atleast less chance of muscle loss and in 28 days u culd b ripped ! i started mine today aswell !
    I thought about Velocity... but I do not yet have the rigorous discipline to complete the full cycle. I am going to save it for once I am just ten pounds or so shy of being ripped. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I thought about Velocity... but I do not yet have the rigorous discipline to complete the full cycle. I am going to save it for once I am just ten pounds or so shy of being ripped. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
    Ditto.

acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for your post. Your cal intake seems really low.
    "In order to succeed, the desire for success must be greater than the fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." Don't remember who.

Originally Posted by acd View Post
    Thanks for your post. Your cal intake seems really low.
    It's supposed to be. This seems to be the only way I can lose weight while maintaining strength... low cals + weight lifting + no cardio.

-Sir Winston Churchill

turbanator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's supposed to be. This seems to be the only way I can lose weight while maintaining strength... low cals + weight lifting + no cardio.
    would u lose muscle if u go that low?

/scratches head

I've been gone a few days, and expect me to be gone for quite a while longer. RL stuff just exploded in my face... I'm going to be at maintenance level for the next month until things settle down. I'll do my best to sneak in a quick workout every now and then, but I don't have the 30 minutes a day to browse these forums and post like I used to.

Peace out for now.

-Sir Winston Churchill

I've been gone a few days, and expect me to be gone for quite a while longer. RL stuff just exploded in my face... I'm going to be at maintenance level for the next month until things settle down. I'll do my best to sneak in a quick workout every now and then, but I don't have the 30 minutes a day to browse these forums and post like I used to.

Peace out for now.
    You better be back man.

Now, go kick RL's ass.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 26 seconds.

acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everyone's body is different.
    "In order to succeed, the desire for success must be greater than the fear of failure." - Bill Cosby

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." Don't remember who.

Frostfox 2008 - Back in Business!

A brief refresher for all of those who subscribed to this thread, as I have not posted an update in over 6 months:

My last update was in October, at which point I was at ~180 pounds with a ~35" waist.

Did I fall off the wagon and blow up to 200 pounds? Actually, quite the opposite. I pretty much stopped working out, but I ate more (just under 2k cals a day) and, most importantly, I ate much cleaner.

Today, I am all the way down to 166 with a 33" waist! I lost 14 pounds on diet alone, and I was eating more than before. Funny how that works, huh?

Admittedly, I did lose a lot of muscle. However, my fat levels decreased far more, and overall my bodyfat has come down significantly. People actually started to notice, and girls started hitting on me again

I am going to resume my journal here because I found that my best progress was when I updated this journal regularly

My program is going to be very simple.

Cardio:
    3 days, 40 minutes on the stationary bike

Weights:
    2 days, upper/lower split

Upper:
    bench - 3x8
    shrugs - 3x8
    curls - 3x8
    dips - as many as I can

Lower:
    squat - 3x8
    deadlift - 3x8
    toe press - 3x8
    crunches - as many as I can

This is a custom program that I made myself. It is far from optimal, and I won't get the fastest progress, but I want to get back in the swing of things before going full speed ahead.

My goals: 8% bodyfat (should be low 150s) and enough muscle to look strong.

All right, here we go!

-Sir Winston Churchill

-= Day 1 =-

1723 calories, 135g protein: not enough protein. I ate at a friend's for dinner but I stuck to the good stuff and only drank water, so I still salvaged a good day. My food targets are 1700 cals and 160g protein.

Workout: biked 40m, I still had plenty in me in the end. I will push myself harder next time.

-Sir Winston Churchill

eat more.. lift harder =)

Especially if you're gonna bike for 40 minutes!

TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheNormalMan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by derickonfire View Post
    eat more.. lift harder =)

Especially if you're gonna bike for 40 minutes!
    I second that. You definitely need to eat more, especially if you're gonna be lifting and cycling. That said, stick with it and good luck.
    Only Those Who Risk Going Too Far Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go

Forever Cutting (My Road to 10%):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163945981

gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gymratluke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome back buddy!!

Thanks y'all! I do see everyone's point about lifting and eating more; my goal first and foremost is to get my bf down, will that accelerate things you think if I, for example, do two upper lower splits per week Monday/Tuesday and dial back the cardio?

I may review the program in the next 1 to 4 weeks depending on my progress. For now, I just want to get back in the swing of things. I am also seriously considering creatine for my cut

-= DAY 2 =-
    1738 calories, 134g protein

bench - 3x8x60 lbs : way too easy, even with the 3 sets
    shrugs - 3x8x100 lbs : just right! Will increase it next time
    curls - 3x8x30lbs : also way too easy
    dips - managed to do 8 reps. My triceps suck

I already drink two protein scoops a day... hitting that goal is just so damn hard on this kind of caloric restriction! (My weight is stable at around 2300 cals a day - my deficit isn't really that high!)

-Sir Winston Churchill