ALL NATURAL AND PROUD youngvet1's Avatar
    Location: In a world with a small population-- where inner strength and pride is just as important as outer. Yes thats me in the profile pic and Ive only begun
    youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Scivation Xtend review/log THE BCAA IV cutting log - YV1

<b>THE EXPERIMENT: </b>
    After Marc's (scivation) success of gaining muscle while losing bf with cutting and taking extend in a prolonged manner( explained in usage) I decided that i would perform the same experiement and see my results.
    <b> USAGE:</b>
    I will be taking 5-6 servings per day.
    2 pre/during workout
    1 immediately post workout
    2-3 sipped through out the day in my water intake. This way its like i will have an IV of extend running through me at all time which should really help while losing a little bf.

<b>
    My Goals: </b>
    Since I have been bulking for quite some time and went from 191(about bf 7.5% - 8%) to my current weight of 211(bf 10.5 - 11%) I figure its time for me to do a small cutting phase. It will in no way be a drastic cut as i am in no rush, I am just doing it cause I am tired of the high calories + i think my body has become very accustomed to them. I would like to get down to between 200 - 204( depending how much creatine water weight comes off as I just started cycling off). I dont plan to lose more than 1 pound per week.

current list of supps I take just so u know:
    whey isolate( PW only)
    Syntrax matrix 5.0 or xtremeformulations during day/ before bed
    ast multi
    Scivation neurostim + C, nuerostim on off days
    R-ALA
    NOTE:cycling off creatine

I might have left something out but I will let u know if i remember anything

What I will be reporting on:
    I will reporting on strength/ recovery/ endurance in the gym
    I will also report things such as my bodyweight(every week) and bf%( twice before/after)

<b>current stats:</b>

bodyweight: 211 lbs
    bf: % 10.5-11
    right arm: 17 1/14"
    waist: 33.7"
    chest( arms staright down and flexing): 44 4/14"
    right quad( mid way up from knee): 23"

Note:
    And as always with my logs I will give a good summary at the end with scores in different area and let you know whether this is a worthwhile to buy ( and even this can have varying degrees)
    I will post here at least twice per week and when ever something arises but I will answer question speedily so feel free to ask/comment away.
    I am young but I am no rookie. I live, breathe, and flourish in the the trenches; where the chalk dust flies and newbies look and wonder how can I get that body. They reason that he must be on steroids or ph's but I have never and will never punish my health with such things. I am living proof that hard + smart work+time+patience is all that is required to not only look the best you can, but to live and be the best that you can be. Yeah Yeah I am a veteran!

Location: In a world with a small population-- where inner strength and pride is just as important as outer. Yes thats me in the profile pic and Ive only begun
    youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000) youngvet1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My routine is in the higher rep range and is currently:

All 12 reps with approx 1-2 min break
    chest back
    shoulder bicep tricep
    legs
    rest

As I eventually move into lower reps I will start to split body parts up slightly more.

The only cardio that I will be adding as of now is 5 min before and 5 min post workout. I know thats not much but in the past it has gotten me decently lean while maintaining muscle.

I will reduce my current calories by about 400-500. Which should still put me about 3000 calories.
    I am young but I am no rookie. I live, breathe, and flourish in the the trenches; where the chalk dust flies and newbies look and wonder how can I get that body. They reason that he must be on steroids or ph's but I have never and will never punish my health with such things. I am living proof that hard + smart work+time+patience is all that is required to not only look the best you can, but to live and be the best that you can be. Yeah Yeah I am a veteran!

ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10) ford4life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that looks real good.. i like how you want to slowly cut rather than lose 4-5 a week like most people.
    And I return...

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People like fast results, hence the "quick-cut." As for me, I am old-school in my approach to dieting.

I look forward to seeing your results. I am still doing this and my diet has gone better than ever before. I am not simply saying this to make it sound like Xtend is "steroid-like," I am simply stating the truth that Xtend is my only dietary change and I am further along in my contest prep than I could have ever imagined. This is also why I won't throw out stats.

Any of you guys coming to the Arnold?

Thanks!
    Marc Lobliner
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

Originally Posted by Scivation
    People like fast results, hence the "quick-cut." As for me, I am old-school in my approach to dieting.

I look forward to seeing your results. I am still doing this and my diet has gone better than ever before. I am not simply saying this to make it sound like Xtend is "steroid-like," I am simply stating the truth that Xtend is my only dietary change and I am further along in my contest prep than I could have ever imagined. This is also why I won't throw out stats.

Thanks!
    Marc Lobliner

Im like you I hate to do the quick cutting method. I like to do the minimal amount to achieve 1or even 1/2 pound per week. Usually that just means slightly lowering my cals or just a change in the type of carbs from pasta to brown rice or from backed potatoe to yam...I am so old school that I dont even take diet supps such as ECY stack...

I wont be at the arnold but I look forward to hear the tales

Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good luck Youngvet, I think you will have good results and its cool that you are using Xtend with a specific goal in mind.

drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000) drewkowsky is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Scivation

Thanks!
    Marc Lobliner
    I am much to impatient for that haha

Did you keep your stats and just won't post them, because I would be interested in hearing. I promise I wouldn't hold them to you as a guarantee haha. I'll probably try to pick some of this stuff up from you guys at the Arnold.

Lookin forward to the log YV
    I don't have a tuxedo that fits anymore because my chest and my biceps are too big.
    Charlie Sheen

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, stats are tough because I go mostly by weight and the mirror, but just to prove I am not a pansy I will post some pics the next few weeks leading up to my show.

I started at about 201 on December 26 pushing about 9% bodyfat or so (damn holiday pie!) and now am 192 and have not lost strength or lean mass from what I can tell.

If you're be at the Arnold, stop by and say hi to Layne, Derek, my wife and I.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

ok just thouht Id post a mid week update:

I have been consuming 5 serving per day.
    2 before/ during
    1 post
    2 spread through out the day in my water supply( 1gallon +).
    <b> taste: </b>
    The taste is a light and pleasant grape and I certainly enjoy it. I cant say that it is better than ICE grape but both are good flavors in their own right( I like ICE grape slightly more but both are good tasting).

<b> Recovery </b>
    So far since ending creatine and slightly lowering my calories and adding the little bit of cardio, i thought that I would be in for some soreness. As of right now I am yet to get sore in the slightlest after a workout. Lets see if this continues as I lower my reps a little to the 10 range. Also I just started to do alight cutting phase it might not have hit me yet.
    <b> Endurance </b>
    Endurance has also seen marked improvement already. Usually on my shoulder bicep tripcep workout I would feel exhausted afterward but I have felt really good and the 5-7 min of cardio afterward was nothing. I have a great energy level and still feel strong.

I will weigh myself and see if this continues in my weekly update.
    Last edited by youngvet1; 01-16-2005 at 12:29 PM.

<b> Day 8: UPDATE </b>

Everything is on schedule. I feel really good and strong in the gym.
    <b>
    Endurance: </b>has been excellent in the gym. There is a substancial difference. I usually take ICE 2 serving during my workout so im not sure if it is my dosing of the XTEND or the XTEND itself, but I notice quite a difference over ICE. And this is considering that I just started cycling off creatine and doing a very slow cut is even more impressive.
    <b>
    Recovery:</b> I cant no matter how hard I try become sore the next day, the only thing that got very monorly sore the next day over this week was hamstrings, but when i say minorly i mean i have to really try to feel the soreness.

<b> Bodyweight </b>: 209lbs (-2lbs)

Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bammy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by youngvet1
    Recovery:</b> I cant no matter how hard I try become sore the next day, the only thing that got very monorly sore the next day over this week was hamstrings, but when i say minorly i mean i have to really try to feel the soreness.
    I know what you mean about the soreness. Even after a PR in slds I had to really flex my hams to even feel any soreness. It's cool you are having similar effects to mine.

<b>

Day 14: UPDATE
    </b>
    Everything is right on schedule. I feel really good and strong in the gym.

<b>
    Endurance:</b> remains excellent in the gym. I have even added some sets and intensity techniques because with xtend the old routine just wasnt cutting it.
    <b>
    Recovery: </b>Even with adding some sets and intensity I just barely get sore on some things but really dont get sore all 99% of the time.

As for this technique of exended bcaas, so far so good I am right on schedule this week with a 1lb weight loss. So far I lost 3 lbs hopefully all fat and water cause I can already tell the difference in my abs. ( waist has lost 1/3 of an inch)

<b>
    Bodyweight :</b> 208lbs (-1lbs from previous week)

flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flamethrower has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cant wait to get my Xtend!

<b> Day 21: UPDATE and final review
    </b>

This product definitely lives up to its claims of increased recovery and endurance. And I will admit I noticed far more in those terms than I did with the comparable ICE.
    <b>
    Just to recap the numerous factors I had working against me in the gym:</b>
    I had started slow cutting
    just began to cycle off creatine
    to top it off I added intensity techniques such as 30 sec breaks or super setting(which speaks to the endurance)...
    Fortunately I had one very strong factor working for me: the result:
    95% of the time I could not even manage to get my self the slightest bit sore ( unusual for me). The times I did get sore, it was marginal. Strength maintained and went up on some exercises. Had tons of endurance and energy.
    <b>
    Stats: </b>

finishing bodyweight: 207 ( -4lbs) approx 1.33 pounds per week
    finishing bicep: 17" ( -.1)
    waist: 33.1 (-.6")
    bodyfat: dont have my calipers
    strength: maintained on everything even went up on a few exercises.

I will not hesitate becuase I always tell it like it is and I am always very critical on my rating of a product but I have to say that this product get my FULL endorsement.
    <b>
    Recovery:
    </b>
    9.5/10
    <b>
    Endurance:
    </b>
    8.5/10
    for the natural hard training athlete this should be a staple.
    Last edited by youngvet1; 02-02-2005 at 10:23 PM.