Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Sumisan's Getting Serious about this Fat Loss Thing

Time to buckle down and get to goal! I am going on a 12 week cut and am hoping to lose 24 lbs.

I will post my plan when I have it all worked out. I have a really hard time losing weight so it is going to have to be super clean and healthy!!

Starting Stats: 174
    Height: 5' 9''

Chest (under bust): 30
    Waist: 28.5
    Hips: 41
    Thighs: 26/27
    Calf: 15.5
    Arms: 12
    Wrist: 6
    Neck: 12

Bodyfat %: 26.1-27.6 (per caliper reading)

sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sumisan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I believe this was me at my highest weight of about 194: see fat.jpg

I lost a little on my own to about 185 just by watching what I eat. Then I went on a crash diet of 1200 and got to 178 before starting to exercise. But my weight loss stalled.

I completed a program called Power 90 and these are my day 1, 30, 60 and 90 pics:

see front1306090.jpg, back1306090.jpg, and side1306090.jpg

I am still using Power 90 products but moved up a notch to the Power 90 Master's Series and have made it to day 60 on that. Here are my day 1 and 30's (day 60's still need to be tacken):

see msday1.jpg and ms30all.jpg

Progress is really slow for many reasons. Mainly being that after I did the crash diet it took a good month to fix my metabolism and at that time I ate 2000 calories so progress went backward.

Now I am at a place where it is a good time to really buckle down and get serious about a healthy diet and lose the rest of the weight once and for all.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sumisan; 07-30-2007 at 08:59 AM.

Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hotmoltenlava is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well Done! Nice Progress.

*reps*

Have a good one.
    My Will Is Hot Molten Lava

advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) advancednoob87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck! If you put your mind to it you can achieve anything!
    -Geoffrey

Thanks Lava and Geoffrey! I appreciate you guys being nice, I know there is a long road ahead but baby steps are better than none at all!

07 Post Workout:1 glass non-fat milk
    08 Breakfast: Carb and Protien (oats and egg whites) +veggies
    10 Snack: Carb and Protien (fruit and protien shake)
    13 Lunch: Carb and Protien (Rice and tuna) +veggies
    16 Snack: Fat and Protien (peanut butter and chocolate protien shake)
    19 Dinner: Fat and Protien (olive oil/peanut butter and meat) +salad
    22 Snack: Fat and Protien (cottage cheese)

Still working on this but this is my "skeleton" so to speak...
    Last edited by sumisan; 07-30-2007 at 09:13 PM.

My fitday account with a sample day:
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...?Owner=sumisan

Current Execise Routine:

I use 6 different "workout tapes", which I know are a bit taboo but I think they are excellent for begginers like me. All these are from the Power 90 Master's Series. Times include warm up and cool down.

Sweat 5/6 - 49 minutes cardio
    Sculpt 5/6 - 48 minutes resistance/weights
    Core Cardio - 48 minutes cardio
    UML (upper middle lower) - 40 minutes resistance
    Cardio Intevals - 56 minutes cardio
    Plyo Legs - 49 minutes extreem resistance

I am using their recommended "classic" rotation as follows (currently on week 9)

Weeks 1 thru 3

Monday: Sculpt 5/6
    Tuesday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Wednesday: Sculpt 5/6
    Thursday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Friday: Sculpt 5/6
    Saturday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Sunday: Rest

Week 4

Monday: Core Cardio
    Tuesday: Cardio Interval
    Wednesday: UML
    Thursday: Plyo
    Friday: Core Cardio
    Saturday: UML
    Sunday: Rest or X Stretch

Weeks 5 thru 7

Monday: Sculpt 5/6
    Tuesday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Wednesday: Plyo
    Thursday: UML
    Friday: Sweat 5/6
    Saturday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200

Week 8

Monday: Core Cardio
    Tuesday: Cardio Interval
    Wednesday: UML
    Thursday: Plyo
    Friday: Core Cardio

Weeks 9 & 11

Monday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Tuesday: Plyometrics
    Wednesday: Cardio Int Ab Ripper 200
    Thursday: Sculpt 5/6
    Friday: Sweat 5/6

Weeks 10 & 12

Monday: UML
    Tuesday: Plyometrics
    Wednesday: Core Cardio
    Thursday: Sculpt 5/6
    Friday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
    Saturday: Plyometrics
    Sunday: Rest:

I was going to move onto the Power 90 X after this but I think I need another round as I am not quite to X standards yet, maybe after I dont have 25 lbs of fat weighing me down LOL!

Well due to budget problems I wont be starting this officially until next Monday. But I am vowing to really stick to my cut for the next 12 weeks. I am thinking about taking weekly pics to keep me motivated and on track.

8/6
    8/13
    8/20
    8/27
    9/3
    9/10
    9/17
    9/24
    10/1
    10/8
    10/15
    10/22
    10/29

Until then, I am eating pretty good but not paying attention to ratio's or calories and I know my salt is a bit up. So I am still holding onto some water, but that will all change soon

I am still doing my workouts, that hasn't changed! Plyo yesterday, feeling sore in the back of my legs, so even though I modify it is still working what is supposed to be working

Post Here is my list of goals, I think they are reasonable....?!

Ultimate long term goal: I will be healthy, strong and fit.

12 month goal: I will gain muscle and maintain my fat loss.

Six month goal: I will reduce my body fat to 18% and my weight to 155 lbs.

Three month goal: I will reduce my body fat to 21.6% and my weight to 164 lbs.

Weekly goal: I will lose .5% body fat and lose 1 lb.

Daily goal: Eat on plan, exercise and take my iron pills.

Post My daily affirmations:

Although I am not following exactly the BFFM plan I do like this idea

I am so happy and thankful now that I am working on me.

I am losing bodyfat and reaching a weight of 164 lbs and a bodyfat of 21.6% by October 28th, 2007.

I am losing bodyfat and reaching my GOAL weight of 150 lbs and a body fat of 18% by January 21st, 2007.

I am proud of my body.

I wake up every morning at 6 am to fit in my first meal and workout before 7.

I eat 6 meals a day with good ratios and on time.

I plan ahead so that life doesn't interfere with my routine.

I stay well hydrated and purify my body with at least 64 oz of water.

I deserve to work on myself and be healthy, strong and fit.

Mysterious Weight Loss

My weigh is like a roller coaster I tell ya, it climbs to unbelievable heights and when I least expect it plummets.

Weighed in today after getting to 177.5 this week at 173. It's a little hard to believe but my weight before the weird climb was 174 so I guess it's not entirely absurd!

I am taking this week as a rest week and then I am going to start up a 12 week rotation of the exercise routine above with my new diet.

The rotation will be weeks 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. Basically I am going to finish my last 4 weeks then start again at week 5 right away instead of taking a rest week at the end (since I am taking it now).

I think it's a good plan. Plus I have a few days to concentrate on shopping for food

Holding steady, it would be awesome to start this "12 week challenge" at 173

Day 1:

Well as my body would have it I am starting at 176.5 (poppy kosh since I was 173 only 2 days ago!)

Sculpt 5/6 plus Ab Ripper 200
    Food:
    4 egg whites, 1 zuchini and 60 g oats
    1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, .5 oz protien
    2.5 oz tuna, 32 g (dry cooked) brown rice, 2 cups green beans
    1 cup milk 2 tb peanut butter 2 tb cocoa
    3.25 oz chicken, 2 cups broccoli, .5 Tb olive oil
    1 cup milk (post workout)
    1/2 cup cottage cheese (last meal)

~1600 (its in fitday under July 30th) and ~40 40 20

Going good so far, Although I didnt get my workout in early like I wanted. I need to go to sleep earlier, maybe make my hubby in charge of putting the kids to bed. Once they are back in school in 2 weeks it will be alot easier or maybe harder LOL we will see.

Weight is up because of salt. We went to the lake yesterday and I made some (healthy but not perfect) pizza when we got home. Should be gone by Thursday knowing my body. And hopefully a little more as the trend has been.

Doing some weights (sculpt dvd) sounds really good today actually!
    Last edited by sumisan; 08-07-2007 at 07:19 AM.

Day 2:

Yes 5 lbs higher than just 3 days ago. Yesterday, everything was carefully measured and everything! But #1 I started working out, so my body hates me and is retaining. WHY BODY?

Eh, what can I do? Nothing, I just have to take it. I really wish I had a better explaination for it though. Maybe its the iron? I am definitly feeling the side effects (TMI). On top of that we are nearing the middle of the month which is when I et my hormones kicking in.

Well onward right

Yesterday Review: I didn't eat my milk after the workout, cottage cheese before bed or green beans with lunch, nor the .5 Tb olive oil with dinner. Which means I came in way low on calories. BAD. (yet still up today!) That brought my total to 1268, but I did have a nibble of cookie dough when I made my kids some cookies so it was probably up in the 1400's

Exercise went great, I wish I had a complete dumbell set, but overall I worked my shoulders well because today I am sore! I need to try to go lower in the squats though.

Exercise today: Plyo Legs

Food today:
    B-fast:
    4 Tb Cream of Wheat
    4 Egg Whites, 1 Tomato

Post Workout:
    1 cup milk

Snack:
    1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 Tb Protien (shake)

Lunch:
    2 slices WW bread, 3 oz chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce with mustard only (sandwich) and 1 apple

Snack:
    3 Tb Peanut Butter, 3 oz chicken

Dinner:
    4 oz Tilapia, 2 cups broccoli

Dessert:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 1476
    20 % fat
    40 % carbs
    40 % protien
    Fiber: 20

Sweet today it's perfect ratios

Day 2:

Yes 5 lbs higher than just 3 days ago. Yesterday, everything was carefully measured and everything! But #1 I started working out, so my body hates me and is retaining. WHY BODY?

Eh, what can I do? Nothing, I just have to take it. I really wish I had a better explaination for it though. Maybe its the iron? I am definitly feeling the side effects (TMI). On top of that we are nearing the middle of the month which is when I et my hormones kicking in.

Well onward right

Yesterday Review: I didn't eat my milk after the workout, cottage cheese before bed or green beans with lunch, nor the .5 Tb olive oil with dinner. Which means I came in way low on calories. BAD. (yet still up today!) That brought my total to 1268, but I did have a nibble of cookie dough when I made my kids some cookies so it was probably up in the 1400's

Exercise went great, I wish I had a complete dumbell set, but overall I worked my shoulders well because today I am sore! I need to try to go lower in the squats though.

Exercise today: Plyo Legs

Food today:
    B-fast:
    4 Tb Cream of Wheat
    4 Egg Whites, 1 Tomato

Post Workout:
    1 cup milk

Snack:
    1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 Tb Protien (shake)

Lunch:
    2 slices WW bread, 3 oz chicken, tomato, onion, lettuce with mustard only (sandwich) and 1 apple

Snack:
    3 Tb Peanut Butter, 3 oz chicken

Dinner:
    4 oz Tilapia, 2 cups broccoli

Dessert:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese

Calories: 1476
    20 % fat
    40 % carbs
    40 % protien
    Fiber: 20

Sweet today it's perfect ratios

is getting there... chrischap01's Avatar
    chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just keep working at it and you will figure out what your body needs to get the scale going back down. Good luck and keep up the logging, it will really help you in the long run!

You may want to post more specific logs of the exercises you are doing too..
    08/20/09: 249 lbs.
    03/01/08: 258 lbs.
    01/01/08: 265 lbs.
    08/01/07: 300 lbs.
    09/11/06: 355 lbs.

Thanks Chris

I am a bit of a lightweight compared to alot of you guys out there, I am doing a home video program at the moment. For a video series its pretty well balanced (ie: alternated weights with cardio and doesn't just focus on cardio). I know alot of people have heard of P90X, which I am doing what is considered probably a big notch down from it but made by the same guy.

It's alot more than I have ever done, so its a good baby step.

For example today is Cardio Intervals, which is cardio obviously, its a fairly short (about 40 minutes with the warm up/cool down).

Plyo Legs is a Plyometric workout which really works the legs but is also cardio.

UML is kind of resistance not really cardio, but it doesnt use weights, lots of push ups, squats, and other like moves.

Core Cardio is a light cardio workout which includes core exercises, again no weights.

Sweat 5/6 is just cardio.

Sculpt 5/6 is weights, working the whole body not just one muscle group. (squats, push ups, curls, presses, things like that)

I am not quite ready to attempt P90X but that is my next step, then after that I might try doing something on my own LOL

Day 3:

176 this morning which is good, not great but better than that 178 crap. Still 3 lbs over my low 5 days ago though!

Yesterday Review:

Food: I did good. I skipped an apple at lunch but nibbled on some bread at dinner.
    Exercise: Went great, got good and sweaty and my legs are feeling it today!

Today:

Food:
    4 egg whites, 3 slices ww bread, 1/2 cup berries (making french toast)
    1 cup milk post workout
    1 cup milk, 1 cup strawberries, .5 oz protien (shake)
    3 oz chicken, 2 slices ww bread, tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard.
    1 cup milk, 2 Tb Peanut Butter, 2 Tb Cocoa, .5 oz protien
    4 oz ground turkey, tomato, lettuce, onion, mustard and 2 cups green beans

Calories:1541
    20% Fat
    39% Carbs
    41% Protien
    Fiber: 32

Exercise:
    Cardio Intervals and Ab Ripper 200

is getting there... chrischap01's Avatar
    chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrischap01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is nothing wrong with baby steps, and this part of the site is about trying to become a lightweight so there is nothing wrong with being one of those either

I was just thinking that as you go, if you get stuck or your goals change it may help others answer questions or try to help you if they have an idea of what you are trying to do and what your plan is!
    08/20/09: 249 lbs.
    03/01/08: 258 lbs.
    01/01/08: 265 lbs.
    08/01/07: 300 lbs.
    09/11/06: 355 lbs.

I totally agree, problem is, is that I have been doing this for about 6 solid months now, stuck is nothing new to me. My weight only comes off with a rusty hacksaw. ROFL Ok maybe its not that bad but I definitly have tried just about everything and basiclly perfect eating is the only way to go for me.

I keep running across the velocity diet, and if this plan doesnt work, it's probably going to be my next step. In 6 months I have lost 10 lbs. SLOW progress is a real motivation sapper. (I have been at a deficit for MOST of those 6 months, with the exception of 1 month that I went to 2000 calories to try and boost my metabolism).

Day 4:

Goal tonight is to get to SLEEP by 8. So in bed by 7:30, everyone, no exceptions. I finally fell asleep at about 2:30 last night...

I got in my workout though, finished at midnight LOL I need to do it earlier today! Like RIGHT NOW!!!!

If I can get to sleep by then,I can get a good 6 hours of sleep. The plan is to be coherent by 2 am. Feed kids cereal, pack them into the car with snacks and PILLOWS by 3 am, drive 2 hours and check in at KCI at 5:00. Then walk down the terminal to Starbucks and grab a VENTI

Today I am on a search for food with food ratios, I guess the Taco Bell Chicken soft taco is pretty close to 40 30 30 ... I may have to try that. Plus Beef Jerky for extra protien and LOTS of water for the sodium. I am not sure about breakfast though, we may go to Ihop as I read somewhere that kids eat free on Fridays or something. Maybe get some cottage cheese and oatmeal, I am pretty sure they sell those... Then that leaves snacks, which fruit should fill in nicely, maybe some roasted almonds (peanuts and raisins for the kids).

Review of Yesterday:

Food: Sandwich didn't work out at lunch (not enough chicken)
    so I heated up some leftover homemade pizza and added what
    chicken I had to it... not horrible but not perfect!

I didn't have my second shake. I ate about 2 oz of
    chocolate chips instead (bad!)

I didnt have the cottage cheese before bed, instead I worked
    out then and had my milk with 1/2 of a carnation instant
    breakfast.

So I was a bit high in carbs due to these factors, I could have done
    better.

Exercise: Late but it was GOOD. Sweat like a Cow. (do
    they sweat?) LOL

Food Today:

1.5 cups potato and 4 egg whites
    1 cup milk, 1 cup peaches, .5 oz protien
    1 cup milk post workout
    1 1/2 cup Turkey and Black Bean Turkey Chili
    2 Tb Peanut Butter and 4 oz chicken
    4 oz Tilapia, .5 Tb Olive Oil, 2 ups broccoli
    1/2 cup cottage cheese

Exercise Today:

Sculpt 5/6

Day 5:

Bad. Calling it a cheat day helps

Ok back on track! We only got 2 hours sleep and had to go to the airport (long drive) Spent the day shopping in the city (counting it as my cardio!) and didnt get to bed until 10. I need a nap today to recoup.

Still at a gain and I am throwing away my scale. I have decided that IT is what has been effecting my efforts the most. I lose great when I am not obsessing about the number! I have my calipers, that is all I need right Ok I wont throw it away. I am going to move it to the basement though. I wont go down there. Its scary!!!!

One thing that I have been pondering is doing the V diet. Maybe not 28 days but for a little while to get myself back 100% on track with clean eating. Kind of like wiping the slate clean. Plus I really need simplicity these days. I may try the one regular meal a day version. That one really apeals to me. I can give the kids cereal for b-fast, easy snacks and sandwiches for lunch, but then we can all sit down to a nice healthy dinner. But during the day I will just drink shakes.

I am thinking about taking ephedrine too. I took it about 10 years ago and it helped alot at the gym. I need to find a good source online. I bought fish oil caps already

I will need to buy some protien shake though, I only have soy protien isolate and I dont think thats what I am supposed to use. (the stuff is nasty plain its 100% soy protien, unflavored) I will research more today and see what I come up with

I am trying to find a good whey protien at wal-mart... I may not be able to do the V-diet otherwise. (very rural, small budget, means I need to buy my protien weekly or bi-weekly and cant wait for delivery if I am ON the diet LOL)

Ok this is what I came up with for the Velocity diet:

6 oz protien shake (1.5 oz per shake)
    1.5 Tb flax in each (total of 6 Tb)
    2 fish oil caps with each shake and the meal (total 10 caps)

1 meal of lean meat and a low carb veggie.

I think the one meal a day option is best for me since dinner is a family meal here and I am the cook. But overall it will make life easier and hopefully helping me lose weight at a more normal rate (or faster).

I guess I will need to alter my exercise regime eliminate the cardio days since its intense cardio and just add some walking? I think if I just make a consious effort to be more active that would work since I am pretty sedentary when I am not working out. Then focus on the weight training 3 days a week. Definitly keep a stretching routine in there on non training days though.

I think I can do it the full 28 days without any problems. There are no major things happening in my life then. One day out of town is the only problem, but shakes are portable and the one meal option helps there too.

My goal wouldn't be to see crazy results but to just see some good losses without any hassle of worrying I was doing something wrong. I mean if this doesn't work then nothing will!

I would want to lose 3 lbs a week, which is 12 lbs in a month. Not crazy, reasonable right!? That would get me solidly into a healthy BMI and hopefully I can nick some of the slacker habits I have developed since June. I was doing so well with willpower even without results from January to June...its been shody since.

I researched it and wal-mart does sell whey protien, so that will be on my list to pick up. Plus another bottle of fish oil caps and some ground flax. (I hope I can find it here!) and I am still unsure if I will be able to find the ephedra.

I feel good about this, it's crazy but I need something to focus me.
    Last edited by sumisan; 08-12-2007 at 07:27 AM.

Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saint Mike will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

It looks like you're well on your way to achieving your goals. Keep pounding it out and you'll be there before you know it!

Repped. Subscribed.
    Conquer the Strong ... Trample the Weak ... Hurdle the Dead

Statistics means never having to say your certain.

Thanks Mike It still seems a bit far fetched to me but I am not going to give up darn it, starting over is just to much of a pain in the arse (literally!).

KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KeKe.27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good luck girl!

Thanks Keke, I am going shopping tonight for my supps. And tomorrow will be day 1.

I am excited about this, I hope this is what I needed to start moving downward at a decent pace!!!