LRTF2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

legs sore like hell, after each workout?!

i've been lifting for 5 weeks now and here's my new leg routine (before that i only did 'lame' leg extensions and leg curls)

leg extensions 2x10 for warming up
    squats 3x4-6
    leg press 2x4-6
    sldl 2x4-6
    leg curls 1x4-6
    standing calf raise 2x6-8
    seated calf press 2x6-8

i do this once a week

i seem to have sore legs (very sore i can barely climb the stairs) for two days or even three after the workout (and this is my 2nd week)

is this soreness going to be any less on next workouts or am i going to be just as sore after each leg workout? i am eating well and getting enough rest

thanks

ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000) ExtremeEnigma is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you keep doing the same workout then your body will probably get used to it and not get as sore.

Believe to achieve IronBender800's Avatar
    IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Smile

Soreness is normal, you will get used to it over time. Leg day looks good btw.

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LRTF2005
    i've been lifting for 5 weeks now and here's my new leg routine (before that i only did 'lame' leg extensions and leg curls)

leg extensions 2x10 for warming up
    squats 3x4-6
    leg press 2x4-6
    sldl 2x4-6
    leg curls 1x4-6
    standing calf raise 2x6-8
    seated calf press 2x6-8

i do this once a week

i seem to have sore legs (very sore i can barely climb the stairs) for two days or even three after the workout (and this is my 2nd week)

is this soreness going to be any less on next workouts or am i going to be just as sore after each leg workout? i am eating well and getting enough rest

thanks
    You'll get use to it, one day you'll be pissed when you have had a great workout and not sore at all. I know its not needed to make gains, but still makes you feel like you did a good job.

In The Realm of Ooshwabla xenithon's Avatar
    xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xenithon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My workout is very similar to yours, almost identical. I find that the quads/calves have stopped becoming sore for any more than a day if at all. However, on the weeks I do SLDL (every 2nd week) my hams are sore for 3-4 days. No matter what, even when I was doing SLDL every week they still remain sore. It's the only exercise/muscle actually which does this to me

X

thanks very much for your help i really hope the soreness decreases with each workout
    but then i will still be growing, right?

here are my current weights i think something is wrong with them (my squat weight is low compared to the others)

squats 130lb
    sldl 160lb
    leg press 115kg = 253lb
    and i bench press 160lb and military press 110lb

seems like my quads are weak? should i add more squats sets or add some more quads specific exercise? and which one would that be?

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just keep doing them, you should be making gains on a somewhat regular basis. If it were me I would either increase reps, or add another set though :P

2x4-6 isn't much, imo. It will build strength but not mass or endurance according to any of the articles I've read. All articles I've read claim optimal rep range is between 8 and 12. But those are just my opinion and I'm still a bit of a newb :P

I've found that when I'm doing low reps like that, I have a very hard time making gains, but when i'm in the 8-12 rep range my strength goes up weekly
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Powerbuilt is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're only 5 weeks out, give it time. People workout and expect to be huge in a few months or years and call normal growth a plateau, when normal growth is 5 to 7 pounds per year. It will come in time, just stay with it.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that's normal when you're still a newbie at leg training (5weeks may seem like a lot, but it's really not even a drop in the bucket)
    <->

size is not my goal right now, strength is
    and if there are imbalances in my body i thought it is best to fix them now
    i think i am gonna add one more set for squats and stay near 6 rep

GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50) GiffyDogg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    that's normal when you're still a newbie at leg training (5weeks may seem like a lot, but it's really not even a drop in the bucket)
    well, maybe i'm the abberation here ...

i was just wondering today how my legs can become so incredibly sore when i've been lifting weights since freshman year of highshool (8 years ago).

today, my legs are SO damn sore and i did them on monday (2 days ago). AND my workout is nearly identical as yours.

i think that certain muscle groups become sore easier than others ... it just depends on the person.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GiffyDogg
    well, maybe i'm the abberation here ...

i was just wondering today how my legs can become so incredibly sore when i've been lifting weights since freshman year of highshool (8 years ago).

today, my legs are SO damn sore and i did them on monday (2 days ago). AND my workout is nearly identical as yours.

i think that certain muscle groups become sore easier than others ... it just depends on the person.
    that to - it does depend on the person; a lot of people adapt quickly to the sorness, others don't. but in any case, if you've only been training 5weeks (a-la his case), then you'll be sore almost the entire week, hehe.
    <->

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    isnt soreness an indication of lactic acid buildup because we're doing anaerobic exercises? So wouldnt it be more a measure of our body's efficiency to deal with the lactic acid than just # of years training. Yes/no?
    /M\

Who's High Pitch

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    efficiency to deal with it would come from years of lifting :>

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have leg-soreness every time I squat, the day after and carries on for about another 2, although it's still only been just over 2 years since I've been squatting (seems longer!)

darkcrayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcrayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkcrayz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my legs are 90% sore for a couple of days after i lift them. the only reason they arent is because i had to back down because i was tired or sick. but since im always trying to push them they are always sore.

niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try doing 30 mins on the exercise bike after legs. It helps flush fresh blood into the muscle and remove latic acid.

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by niceasey
    Try doing 30 mins on the exercise bike after legs. It helps flush fresh blood into the muscle and remove latic acid.
    bump this and a 30 minute fast walk is even better, you can do it the day after.

Originally Posted by forklift
    bump this and a 30 minute fast walk is even better, you can do it the day after.
    are you sure about this guys, wouldn't it effect muscle growth right after working out?
    i will try it anyway i am desperate lol

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by LRTF2005
    are you sure about this guys, wouldn't it effect muscle growth right after working out?
    i will try it anyway i am desperate lol
    It does work , I can never be bothered to do anything after working my legs though!

irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50) irocktheyellow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im the opposite. I go real hard on leg day and feel really nausous, but im not as soar the next day as i used to be. Its a sad thing...