pissing off thought nazis bigbutnothuge's Avatar
    bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000)

What do YOU eat when you are sick (bad cold/flu-ish)?

Man, Ive been hit pretty bad the last few days with a nasty sore throat,drip,body aches,etc. I havent really even gotten a cold in years-which I attribute to my diet,exercise, and cleanliness. But I guess sometimes its unavoidable. I am mostly a homebody,but have gone out somewhere every night since New Year's Eve, so I was asking for it.

So far all I have been consuming is CHunky soups,Gatorade, and Alka Seltzer Cold. On the upside, I'm sure I'm losing weight. Downside-some will be lean mass.

Since Im not used to ever feeling ill, I was wondering what any of you do or might recommend eating during this time. I'm trying to eat light and stuff without cookign and prep time. Besides stuff like Chicken Soup, what things are suposed to be good? Also, keep in mind Im not sick to my stomach at all-just throat,lungs,ache type stuff.

G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10) G.D. is on a distinguished road. (+10)

everbody is diff....

what has worked well for me is, eating less so my body can fight the cold!! soup water juice etc...i even take a protein shake!! for me this has helped and my body recovers pretty quick!! i work around kids all day so germs and sickness is sometime unavoidable!!!a lot of rest!!

bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000) bigbutnothuge is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for the reply.

Another thing I wanted to add is I normally drink nothing but water. However, I find drinking water when i have a cold will actually make my feel worse and can sometimes upset my stomach ( i think due to mucus and water mixing and settling). thats why ive been drinking Gatorade, which only has 50 cals a cup. Is gatorade oK, and any another other drink suggesstions, like specific juices or anything.

tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50) tonytartufo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I get sick, which is about once a year, I tend to cheat and eat everything! Reason for this is because I'm not training as hard in the gym and i feel like I'm losing weight. Just my opinion. Chinease food, pizza, etc...

Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigh203 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a lot of water and gatorade. I tend to stay away from food when I'm sick mainly because when I get sick I can't taste a thing. If I do eat anything it would be like some Campbells soup or that Firehouse chili that they make. The Chunky Chili products they make are great and contain a good amount of protein and what not. The Firehouse one helped me get some taste back and kinda pushes the cold out of my body. Everytime I eat it whenever I'm sick I start feeling better.

Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Riceboi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When I have a cold I actually feel better when I eat. I feel weak with no food in my body.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by G.D.
    what has worked well for me is, eating less so my body can fight the cold!! soup water juice etc...i even take a protein shake!! for me this has helped and my body recovers pretty quick!! i work around kids all day so germs and sickness is sometime unavoidable!!!a lot of rest!!
    Eating less so you can fight the cold with that lack of nutrients? Good idea...........or not.

To the original poster, eat what you can, healthy foods with plenty of vitamins and minerals.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Registered User Makeupmonsterdo's Avatar
    Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Makeupmonsterdo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I tend to crave carbs (specifically bread) when I have a cold and I am not much of a bread person. So, I just consider that as my body telling me it needs more carbs to recover.

Sore throats make bagels taste better.

HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HoboWithaRolex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    extra vitamin c

Mach005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    broccoli broccoli broccoli

Then everything else, avo, fruit juices, yogurts, etc. etc., just eat eat eat eat eat... your body needs the energy and nutrients to strengthen.

That usually does the trick to get me well quick quick... basically you go on a bulk of note for 2 days.

Go Sox, Illini, and Bears VegasBabyVegas's Avatar
    VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigbutnothuge
    Man, Ive been hit pretty bad the last few days with a nasty sore throat,drip,body aches,etc. I havent really even gotten a cold in years-which I attribute to my diet,exercise, and cleanliness. But I guess sometimes its unavoidable. I am mostly a homebody,but have gone out somewhere every night since New Year's Eve, so I was asking for it.

So far all I have been consuming is CHunky soups,Gatorade, and Alka Seltzer Cold. On the upside, I'm sure I'm losing weight. Downside-some will be lean mass.

Since Im not used to ever feeling ill, I was wondering what any of you do or might recommend eating during this time. I'm trying to eat light and stuff without cookign and prep time. Besides stuff like Chicken Soup, what things are suposed to be good? Also, keep in mind Im not sick to my stomach at all-just throat,lungs,ache type stuff.
    I was just sick recently, and I got all my daily calories off of soups, wheat toast, gatorade, oranges, protein shakes, and sugar free jello.

those were the only foods I could eat, so I decided not to care about bodybuilidng for the week.

I'd suggest just to eat as much as you can when you're sick to try to lose as little weight as possible.
    If you've never been lean, you're not bulking. You're just fat.
    --from Iron Addict's

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer"
    -Arnold

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
    -Arnold

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VegasBabyVegas
    I was just sick recently, and I got all my daily calories off of soups, wheat toast, gatorade, oranges, protein shakes, and sugar free jello.

those were the only foods I could eat, so I decided not to care about bodybuilidng for the week.

I'd suggest just to eat as much as you can when you're sick to try to lose as little weight as possible.
    Perfect advice. Along with the stuff listed, lots of fruits, veggies, and natural foods full of nutrients/vitamins.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Go Sox, Illini, and Bears VegasBabyVegas's Avatar
    VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VegasBabyVegas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you should have seen my face when the doctor told me I shouldn't eat any solid foods for a few days.

me: "but I've only had about 1300 calories today..."
    dr: "well, you're not going to starve to death."

christ... I seriously must have consumed 1500 calories of gatorade a day til I felt better...
    If you've never been lean, you're not bulking. You're just fat.
    --from Iron Addict's

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer"
    -Arnold

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."
    -Arnold

what's your poom-poom dog shimojo's Avatar
    shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    a few g of vitamin c and lots of water.

really spicy or hot food also helps clear me up temporarily. nothing like a bowl of super-spicy chili to heat you up.

and i also like theraflu.

Funny this is up again because I am sick again. Ive mostly been eating a lot of fruits and veggies, oats, soup, chili,etc.
    No sig