randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000)

Question I'm cutting. Should I use complex carbs in the morning?

I have a question. When I get up in the morning and then directly have a shake consisting of oats (complex carbs) and whey protein then isn't it possible that the whey will be used as fuel since the oats take longer than the whey to be digested? Does this mean that I should take some fast carbs in the morning together with my whey or would this endanger my fat loss?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    taking oats will not slow down ur absorption of whey..

IMO eat the oats and take down the shake on the side prob a lot better unless ur pressed for time

fat is something that will slow down the absorption of whey and oats only have 2-3g of fat so its not that serious
    + for breakfast it should be ur biggest meal of the day with complex carbs and protein and u def have it down breaking the catabolic cycle with a shake IMO ur doing the right thing.. if i were you toss in a banana or some blueberries in that shake.. great for you and the anti-oxidents dont hurt either

also have a multivitamin if you can

Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stevo1313 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    taking oats will not slow down ur absorption of whey..

IMO eat the oats and take down the shake on the side prob a lot better unless ur pressed for time

fat is something that will slow down the absorption of whey and oats only have 2-3g of fat so its not that serious
    + for breakfast it should be ur biggest meal of the day with complex carbs and protein and u def have it down breaking the catabolic cycle with a shake IMO ur doing the right thing.. if i were you toss in a banana or some blueberries in that shake.. great for you and the anti-oxidents dont hurt either

also have a multivitamin if you can
    x2 repped

my breakfast this morning was 1/2 cup of oats (dry before were cooked) 6 egg whites one whole egg...and about a half cup of cottage cheese made with 2% milk....i woulda had some fruit but im out and all i had was oranges lol, and im not a big fan of oranges for some reason, idk im weird
    losing is a habit...so is winning

Pain is weakness leaving the body

Love life

randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000) randyrandal is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I think you misunderstood me. My concern is that since I'm in a catabolic state in the morning and the body needs fuel he might simply burn the whey because the whey is much faster than the oats and the first thing which will be in the bloodstream will be the amino acids from the whey and not the carbs from the oats. What if the body simply burns the amino acids? Does this mean I should add some dextrose to the whey?

Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if u add dextrose the absorption will be faster....
    if ur so worried why dont u try casein instead? or have a breakfeast without whey in it...i ve been cutting for a long period and i always use whey in my breakfeast and i had great results.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by randyrandal View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. My concern is that since I'm in a catabolic state in the morning and the body needs fuel he might simply burn the whey because the whey is much faster than the oats and the first thing which will be in the bloodstream will be the amino acids from the whey and not the carbs from the oats. What if the body simply burns the amino acids? Does this mean I should add some dextrose to the whey?
    if ur so god damn concerned about how fast the whey will be absorbed add some fats it will slow down the absorption.. and the body wont be burning the amino acids that quick unless ur going to do cardio or lift like 5 seconds after u take in ur shake

it will take a good 45-60 minutes to process the whey.. having it with the oats will slow it down a bit

adding dex will hasten it beacuse its a simple sugar

But in the morning you want your body to get amino acids asap. This is the problem.

bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10) bradroche is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Every single person here misunderstood what he asked.

The question is: (read slowly and carefully before you start swearing...layziebone!)

If I take whey (which digests fast) and oats (which digest slower in comparison) at the same time, my body will get the whey protein before the oats. Therefore, will my body convert the aminos from the whey into glucose for energy, because it has not yet received carbonhydrate from oats and doesn't know that carbohydrate energy is on the way?

If yes, then would it be beneficial for me to have some dextrose with my whey, so the body will have a source of carbohydrate energy when it receives the whey, thus eliminating the need (or apparent need) of the body to convert the aminos into glucose.

Sorry to the OP but I do not know the answer, but hopefully some of the posters above will. Hope that helped you out a bit anyway.

One thing I could throw out there is to add a banana or other fruit to your shake. The sugars in the fruit would be your fast digesting carb.

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing you said makes sense.

Take some kind of protein and carbs when you wake up, the healthier the better. That is the only answer.

Originally Posted by eLJaKo View Post
    Every single person here misunderstood what he asked.

The question is: (read slowly and carefully before you start swearing...layziebone!)

If I take whey (which digests fast) and oats (which digest slower in comparison) at the same time, my body will get the whey protein before the oats. Therefore, will my body convert the aminos from the whey into glucose for energy, because it has not yet received carbonhydrate from oats and doesn't know that carbohydrate energy is on the way?

If yes, then would it be beneficial for me to have some dextrose with my whey, so the body will have a source of carbohydrate energy when it receives the whey, thus eliminating the need (or apparent need) of the body to convert the aminos into glucose.

Sorry to the OP but I do not know the answer, but hopefully some of the posters above will. Hope that helped you out a bit anyway.

One thing I could throw out there is to add a banana or other fruit to your shake. The sugars in the fruit would be your fast digesting carb.
    Yes, THIS is what I meant. Thanks.

I am just asking myself if adding a bit of dextrose to the whey/oat shake would be good or bad because I'm cutting. Would 10gr dextrose somehow hurt my results and would it disturb my blood glucose levels? Because at the beginning of the day you want stable blood glucose levels in order to guarantee enough energy during the day.

Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eliiias has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in my opinion ditch the dextrose...u dont want to cause a very high insulin spike on ur waking hour when cutting....complex carbs from oats will give u enough energy during the day.

And the whey will not be used as fuel when I take it directly in the morning?

the whey will take approx 40 to 45mins to digest and leave u with the complex carbs from oats for the time u take ur second meal wich is 2-3hours laters, add some good fats too so that the digestion will be slower.

Ok.

But I also heard that especially in the morning you should make sure you get amino acids asap. Does this not interfere with adding oil in order to slow down the absorption? I am just trying to figure out how to get into a catabolic state in the morning without risking my cut.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by randyrandal View Post
    isn't it possible that the whey will be used as fuel since the oats take longer than the whey to be digested?
    bump.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OneBetter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    bump.
    fuel source for what? complex carbs and fiber will slow digestion of anything down. whey on it's own with water takes ~ an hour digestion time anyway.
    ♛ ♛