quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Anyone cook/prepare a week's worth of meals in advance? Give tips please!

I find one of the things that I have trouble with is consistancy in preparing meals every day.

So why not prepare for the entire week?

Anyone do this? Feel free to share some tips please!! Like, should I freeze this or that, carry it in this or that, these foods work best, etc etc.

Thanks, and I will rep!

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    freeze everything, and let it defrost the night before.

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I grill a weeks worth of chicken at a time usually, so like 12-14 breasts and throw them in plastic sealable containers in the fridge. I eat like 2-3 a day, they're never good and they're always improperly cooked as I only have access to a foreman, but it is better than nothing.

I tried cooking rice and steel cut oats in bulk and it didn't work out well for either. I'm going to try cooking and freezing egg whites next, but meats can be cooked and stored relatively easily. Whenever I go home my mom always grills me up a bunch and they're way better than mine, she marinates them and uses a legit grill.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Registered User RippedLikePaper's Avatar
    RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is why i love my grandma and mom even more......they cook all my food and portion/weight it out
    _THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND_

Registered User Cable Curling CincoUno's Avatar
    Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i cook a roast on sunday and weigh it out then keep it in a plastic container. this lasts untill about tuesday when i proceed to cook 10-12 chicken breasts which last me until sunday.
    just cut it into perfect portions after its cut and keep it in a plastic container and it will be fine I also do this with my pasta

quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) quest-x is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    I grill a weeks worth of chicken at a time usually, so like 12-14 breasts and throw them in plastic sealable containers in the fridge. I eat like 2-3 a day, they're never good and they're always improperly cooked as I only have access to a foreman, but it is better than nothing.

I tried cooking rice and steel cut oats in bulk and it didn't work out well for either. I'm going to try cooking and freezing egg whites next, but meats can be cooked and stored relatively easily. Whenever I go home my mom always grills me up a bunch and they're way better than mine, she marinates them and uses a legit grill.
    Is the meat safe in the fridge or should I freeze it after cooking it?

method007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) method007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by quest-x View Post
    Is the meat safe in the fridge or should I freeze it after cooking it?
    For most meats after you fully cook it (350 degrees for at least 15 minutes), it is safe to store in the fridge for at least a week or two. The longer it stays in the fridge however, the more rubbery the texture gets.

Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shelbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sometimes I make a copious amount of my normal protien shake (Banana, blueberries, yogurt, penut butter, oats, whey protien, egg) and freeze a few extra servings worth of the stuff. It is extremely easy to reblend the frozen **** into the blender with a little added water/yogurt to get it goin.
    SoIFightWithAPenToEnlightenAFriend...

To Explode with Rage, To Quake with Joy, To Be Immortal.
    How Many People Got Controll Of Their Minds?

MyLegsCompellMeToRunMyHeartCompellsMeToFly
    LoveIsAnActionWordsoThinkForYourselfandDoForOthers

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wrap 12 chicken breast in silver foil individually with slice of tomatoe and onion in with them. Then i bake for 1 1/2 hours on a sunday night and keep them wrapped up in the fridge.
    I then boil up 2 kilos of brown rice and have it in the fridge in a plastic container.
    Then all i have to do the night before work is make sandwiches , load up a bowl of chicken and rice and im good.
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

Awesome guys, thanks a lot

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RippedLikePaper View Post
    This is why i love my grandma and mom even more......they cook all my food and portion/weight it out
    ur 20 and have ur mom and grandma cook ur food and portion it out? are you that lazy bro god damn

i portion out

chicken - freezer pull it out day b4
    cottage cheese
    tuna
    egg whites
    brown rice
    oatmeal
    almonds
    veggies

and then i grab
    fruits
    veggies

Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bad Company is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lucky sod!
    Back on it

Dropped from 250lbs+

Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Spit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do.

I cook all red meat out on the grill and hard boil a bunch of eggs and put everything in containers for the week. I do this usually Saturday or Sunday.

SEAman First Class skinnyboipgh's Avatar
    skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) skinnyboipgh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Smile Sunday is shop/cook day . . .

Sunday's my rest day, no lifting, no cardio, so I go to the store in the morning & then cook stuff the rest of the day. Oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, egg salad, chicken, salmon, maybe a turkey-sweet potato meatloaf, a crustless pumpkin pie, portion it all out in Tupperware & I'm pretty well set 4 the week.
    Best Regards,

Ed

To the optimist, the glass is half full . . .
    To the pessimist, the glass is half empty . . .
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=336405441#post336405441
    Helpful or encouraging posters in my journal get repped.

RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RippedLikePaper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    ur 20 and have ur mom and grandma cook ur food and portion it out? are you that lazy bro god damn

i portion out

chicken - freezer pull it out day b4
    cottage cheese
    tuna
    egg whites
    brown rice
    oatmeal
    almonds
    veggies

and then i grab
    fruits
    veggies

not lazy but im from europe.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    not lazy but im from europe.
    so whats that supposed to mean? im from america where we are the laziest country in the world and i work 13-14 horus a day.. i hjave to esentially do this to all my meals because i pack nearly all of them.. the only meal i can have at home during the day is breakfast which is oats, a piece of fruit, and a whey shake

other then that my other 5-6 meals at work depending on if i have a PWO shake due to resistance training

i think u shuold learn how to cook its a valueable lesson especially when u move out of the house it will come in handy

Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    so whats that supposed to mean? im from america where we are the laziest country in the world and i work 13-14 horus a day.. i hjave to esentially do this to all my meals because i pack nearly all of them.. the only meal i can have at home during the day is breakfast which is oats, a piece of fruit, and a whey shake

other then that my other 5-6 meals at work depending on if i have a PWO shake due to resistance training

i think u shuold learn how to cook its a valueable lesson especially when u move out of the house it will come in handy
    well u see i was born in russia where it is customery (sp) for the women in the house to cook. PS iknow how to cook and prepare all the foods i eat

snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) snitz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well u see i was born in russia where it is customery (sp) for the women in the house to cook. PS iknow how to cook and prepare all the foods i eat
    Yeah, they're pretty old-fashioned over there. I dated a Russian girl once. She REFUSED to ever pay for her own meals or movie tickets. Even though she was wealthy beyond compare and I was making minimum wage.