bangedup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Partial Bicep Tear

I went to see an orthopedist and he said I that I have a partial bicep tear. He said I didn't need a MRI or surgery. He said to rest it for 4 to 6 weeks and we'll see where it's at. He said there was no surgery for this injury but then I went on the web and I found some places that said there was surgery. I'm thinking I should get a second opinion. Anyone have any suggestions?

hundred dollar baby ShadesOfGold's Avatar
    ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShadesOfGold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It will probably heal fine on its own, if its only a partial tear.
    Some doctors are more in favor of letting injuries be if they have the potential to heal on their own. Some like to recommend surgery and prescriptions for everything. What do you feel more comfortable with? If he wants to wait and see, I think hes got your best interest in mind. If your not healing by then he may suggest something else, but surgery carries with it too many risks and in this case usually isnt needed.
    Id follow his advice. it sounds like his motives are sincere, unlike some who have connections with the surgeons or hospitals and just want your money.
    -Frank: All right, here's what you're going to do. You're going to take all the weight on your neck. Then you're going to jam your legs down and hyper-extend your ankles, and then shoot back up and lock your knees in place.
    -Dee: Not one of those things sounds right to me. At all.
    ********* _ ******** _*********
    *********\_^_(O.o)_^_/*********
    -Mac: That's the vitamins ripping out the inside of your stomach. That's a good thing, trust me.

Thanks, sometimes you just to need to hear it from someone other than yourself.

Ferveo, Validus, Scientia hybridx's Avatar
    hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What did it feel like? How did it occur? What were the symptoms? How did he diagnose it?

I think I could have the same thing.
    ========================================================
    100% Natural - Now that's hardcore.
    STATS: 30 || 5'9" || 213.0 || BF20% || Endo Meso || Bench [MAX 315@2]
    - ECDYSTEN Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=799981

for hydrix- mine happened when i was doing incline curls. i lowered the weight to far down and felt 2 pops in the area of the bottom of the bicep and elbow. i put up 2 pictures of what it looked like. for me the black and blue didn't come for 2 days but it's just about gone now.

hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50) hybridx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow - that looks painful. I didn't hear any pops, although I can imagine. The incline curls always hurt whenever I have any kind of joint pain. In fact, I stopped doing them because of joint pain from overhead tricep extensions.

I think mine came from coming up unever while trying to do a few reps of barbell curls with 135 on the bar.

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I generally don't do any exercise if it starts giving me joint pain. I do incline curls with no problem but that is probably because I did not start out doing them. I only added them once I had gained a little bit of strength in other biceps exercises.

Anyways, like other folks are saying, if it's only a partial tear then your body should be able to heal on it's own. If any problems continue then you can always go back to the doctor.

I never notice the pain during the workout where it occurs. It's the next workout when you find out what you did.

eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eddie783 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    personally I would get a second opinion, I did mine last week and i am havin surgery next wednesday but mines a full tear on the lhb at the top were it connects to shoulder so i now have the popeye arm. if you doc is not a sports docs get a second opinion as bicep tendon tears need to be repair by surgery within 3 weeks of injury or it can become harder to do as the tendons shrink. dont take a chance on it. if your doc is wrong he could f..k you up for the future. goodluck

deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000) deadforaminute is just really nice. (+1000)
    how long had you rested from a previous bicep exercise?
    the whole world makes me lol