Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    ~Mad Man of the Sea~ MacGyverDel's Avatar
    MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Wednesday March 12th 2008

Failure is impossible.
    --Susan B. Anthony

Failure is an attitude. Having an attitude of failure can't help us. It can only hurt us. If we're not careful, it can grow into a way of life. So, when we feel like failures, we'd better look at our attitudes.

An attitude of failure often comes from making mistakes. But we can learn to see our mistakes as lessons. This turns mistakes into gains, not failures. Sometimes, we try to do things that just can't be done. When we act like we can control others, we're going to fail. When we act like we know everything, we're going to fail. If we try to act like God, we're going to fail.

We can't control others. We can't know everything. We're not God. We're human. If we act human, we've already won.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me to learn from my attitudes. Whatever the outcome, help me learn.

Action for the Day

Facing our past "failures" is the first step to learning from them. I'll talk to my sponsor about a past failure and the good that came from it.

You are reading from the book:

Keep It Simple by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Healthy Body Healthy Mind

MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cool Thursday March 13th 2008

Almost everyone wants something/or nothing.
    --Marsha Sinetar

Bargains attract. Finding a good value excites us, and we share the news quickly. Wanting anything for free is human nature perhaps. However, we have had to learn again and again that you get what you pay for. This is true of human interactions too.

Why do we think that others will be there for us if we aren't available for them? Having friends means being a friend, even if it's time-consuming. Although friendship's rewards are indisputable, we still tend to wait, letting the other person make the first move. Getting the other person to commit first reduces our effort, perhaps, but we will still receive according to what we give.

Knowing and utilizing this principle simplifies our lives. Once we master it, we never forget it. And what we bring to our relationships will be given back to us.

I am willing to give to others what I want in return today. Their efforts will match my own.

A Woman's Spirit by Karen Casey
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Friday March 14th 2008

If you're dog-tired at night, it may be because you growled all day.
    --War Cry

Negative attitudes wear us out. Assuming the worst will happen, focusing on just our faults, constant complaining, are attitudes that bring us down. If we stumble on a flight of stairs and feel embarrassed, it's going to feel even worse if we growl and curse. We'll feel much better if we laugh at ourselves and see the humor.

People want to be around those who are cheerful. The good cheer we send out will come back to us from others who are healthy. We can choose these cheerful people as our friends, and our happiness will grow and blossom in this good soil.

Today let me try to say something cheerful to another.

Our Best Days by Nancy Hull-Mast
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Saturday March 15th 2008

No man is more cheated than the selfish man.
    --Henry Ward Beecher

When we're selfish, we close off the channels of exchange with others. Not only are we grabbing and holding all the goods or attention we can get, but we are denying others the possibility of sharing with us in the benefits. We may be selfish in material goods, but there are many other ways too. Some of us expect our spouses to meet our needs while we make little effort to meet theirs. Some of us discover our selfishness as we drive, refusing to yield a position to another car or getting furious if we lose a place in heavy traffic.

By contrast, our generosity and welcoming responses nourish the spirit within us and create a good environment for our growth. Sometimes giving does not come easily We have a more generous spirit when we are in touch with our ultimate vulnerability. All of life is fragile, and we need each other to have a good life. We can truly hold on to nothing but ourselves. Giving what we can of our time, our energy, and our goods, helps create the kind of world we want to live in.

Today, I will look for ways to be generous with those with whom I share this world.

Touchstones by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Sunday March 16th 2008

The old law of "an eye for an eye" leaves everybody blind.
    --Martin Luther King, Jr.

An essential aid to following the path of the inner voice is practicing forgiveness. Resentment comes from the Latin word resentir - to feel over and over again. By repeatedly re-experiencing the old resentments, we are less apt to hear our intuition, which exists only in the present.

When Jean married, she had not completed her unfinished business with her father. Consequently, she projected her old resentments onto her husband. Her desire to love him was distorted by the hurt and anger from the past. This is why it is said that until we complete our source relationships, we are never truly in another relationship.

Forgiving can also help you take back your power. As long as you believe that someone else's actions are the cause of your present difficulties, you are powerless to change. Letting go of blame allows you to take responsibility for your life.

All this adds up to a single point. Forgiveness is an act of self-kindness. It liberates your life force. It completes the past. Choose now to heal your old unfinished business. It is time to let go of the pain. Place your hurt on an altar and surrender it to God. Set your self and others free.

Listening to Your Inner Voice by Douglas Bloch
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Monday March 17th 2008

Surrender to the pain. Then learn to surrender to the good. It's there and more is on the way.
    --Beyond Codependency

Our goal in recovery is to make ourselves feel comfortable, peaceful, content, happy. We want to be at peace with ourselves and our environment. Sometimes, to do that, we need to be willing to face, feel, and get through discomfort.

I am not talking about being addicted to misery and pain. I am not talking about creating unnecessary pain. I'm talking about the legitimate discomfort we sometimes need to feel as we heal.

When we have surgery, the pain hurts most the day after the operation. When we do the kind of work we are facing in recovery, we are doing an emotional, mental, and spiritual surgery on ourselves. We're removing parts of us that are infected and inflamed.

Sometimes the process hurts. We are strong enough to survive discomfort and temporary feelings of emotional pain. Once we are willing to face and feel our discomfort and pain, we are almost to the point of release.

Today, I am willing to face my discomfort, trusting that healing and release are on the other side. Help me, God, be open to feeling whatever I need to feel to be healed and healthy. While I am doing this, I will trust I am cared for and protected by myself, my friends, my Higher Power, and the Universe.

The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Red face Tuesday March 18th 2008

. . love grows by service.
    --Charlotte Perkins Gilman

When we shower someone special with much needed attention, or maybe flowers, or run an errand for a friend, or volunteer to do a favor for an unnamed person, we benefit in many ways. We're appreciated; we feel good about our own behavior, and we've tightened the connection to another person that fosters personal human development.

Most of us long for more signs of love from one another. Yet we fail to understand that our own expression of love to that special someone will release the love we long to feel.

Love multiplies with frequency of expression, whether stranger-to-stranger, friend-to-friend, lover-to-lover, parent-to-child; and everyone is the beneficiary.

Love's expression spontaneously generates more of itself, thus promising each of us what we long for.

Worthy of Love by Karen Casey
    Last edited by MacgyverDel; 03-18-2008 at 11:54 PM.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Red face Wednesday March 19th 2008

Being on the tightrope is living; everything else is waiting.
    --Karl Wallenda

In walking a tightrope, a person has to learn to relax while going forward in a situation filled with risk. If he is tense and keeps his body rigid, he will lose his balance and fall. But if he stays relaxed and keeps his muscles loose while remaining very focused, he can continuously respond and readjust his balance while walking. Then he will experience the exhilaration of success. This is a perfect metaphor for life itself, for growing in an intimate relationship and for growing in recovery.
    Life itself is a risk. When we hold on too tight, remain too guarded, and anxiously try to control every factor, we become stiff and reactive rather than calm, focused, and responsive. The guidance of this path teaches us to let go of our anxieties and leads us to peace of mind. When we learn to do that, we can deftly walk our path and more effectively maintain our balance in dealing with whatever comes up.

Today I will calm myself while walking on my path.

Wisdom to Know by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Thursday March 20th 2008

God grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Some things I cannot change: my age, who my relatives are, my eye color, my height, my childhood experiences, my inborn talents, my nature, someone else's abuse of alcohol or other drugs, whether the sun will shine, my job history, what I will inherit, how my parents feel, yesterday's lost opportunities, how long I will live, who forgives me, how my parents treated me, how much I am loved, the past.

Some things I can change: the youthfulness of my spirit, who my friends are, my hair color, my weight, my adult experiences, my achievements, my character, my reaction to someone else's use of alcohol or other drugs, whether my eyes will shine, my job possibilities, what I will bequeath, how I feel, my ability to act on today's opportunities, how well I will live, whom I forgive, how I treat my own children, how much I love, the future.

I thank God for my growing ability to choose.

Days of Healing, Days of Joy by Earnie Larsen and Carol Larsen Hegarty
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Grief may be a pathway to our deepest connections.

People often say, "I don't want to burden you with my troubles, you have enough to worry about." Yet sharing our troubles with our partner or close friends lightens our burden and restores our balance. Telling someone our experiences and how we feel about them helps us find and create the meaning that lurks behind them, even though they at first seem only crazy and random. Sharing with others pulls us out of isolation and brings our friends and mate into the circle of our lives.

We may be surprised to feel the knots in our stomachs loosen when we tell our stories and recount our worries or grief. Grief may make us feel more alone than anything. But it may also be a pathway for our deepest connection with each other. When we reach out and talk with our friends or mate, we break down the wall of isolation and build bridges that connect us.

Tell your partner about any grief you carry today.

The More We Find In Each Other by Merle Fossum and Mavis Fossum
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Saturday March 22nd 2008

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
    - Soren Kierkegaard

One of Mark Twain's most interesting writings states we should live life backwards from the age of eighty to the time we were just a gleam in someone's eye. How much more we'd learn, he felt, if we already knew how to live before we had to.

We may fantasize sometimes about going back with the tools of the program we're using today to our families, our high schools, or our dating years. It may please us to think of how "together" we would be with such tools, knowing what we know now.

But we can't live backwards. Every year we move along in age, experience, maturity, and wisdom. Sometimes we only see such growth on birthdays, when we look back to a year ago at who we were then and who we are now. As our years advance, so do we. Sometimes we need to take a brief look backward in order to see this.

Today I'll remember that to see my growth all I have to do is look at where I was a year ago. I have advanced in age, but I've also advanced in wisdom and maturity.

Night Light by Amy E. Dean
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Sunday March 23rd 2008

Love itself is not an act of will, but sometimes I need the force of my volition to break with my habitual responses and pass along the love already here.
    --Hugh Prather

The familiarity of isolation is both haunting and inviting. In our separateness we contemplate the joys of shared hours with others while seeking the freedom from the pain that likewise hovers on the heels of intimate relationships. The question eternally whispering around our souls is, "Do I dare let you in, to share my space, to know my heart's longing, to feel my fears?" Only when we trust to say yes will we find the peace our souls long for.

Passage through the doors that separate us frees us to change, to grow, to love ourselves and others. We must plant our feet in the soil of shared lives to quiet our longing.

Worthy of Love by Karen Casey
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Monday March 24th 2008

Who in my life will make me happy? Do I look to others when I'm feeling discouraged, sad, or lonely? Do I want someone to help me feel better?

I hold within myself the ability to be happy. I don't have to put expectations on others to make me feel loved or special. I don't have to look for a new relationship to be happy. I can find it within me. When I try to be happy because of other people, it means they have the power to take my happiness away. When I make myself happy, I'm the one in control of my emotions.

Today I will remember that I'm the one who's responsible for my happiness, not someone else. I don't have to look for someone else to fix my low self-esteem or attitude. Even though I can be upset by some people or feel happy when I'm with others, I'm the one who's creating these feelings because I have the ability to do so.

The only person who makes me feel a certain way is me.

Time to Fly Free by Judith R. Smith
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    geez talk about post whoring Mac
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Tuesday March 25th 2008

There is no reality except the one contained within us.
    --Herman Hesse

Claude Gellee painted lovely pictures of the English countryside. Europeans loved his landscapes, with their blue hues and mild distortions. But when the people went for the carriage rides in the country, they were disappointed because it didn't look the way Gellee had painted it. Then someone discovered that if you held blue glass up to your eyes and looked through it, the trees and hills and sky looked just like a Gellee painting! Soon everyone was looking through "Claude glasses" when they travelled.

We often let others do our seeing for us. We get lazy and rely on the images of television and movies, instead of really seeing with our own eyes. Our world becomes distorted and we lose sight of the natural beauty that surrounds us.

Each of us carries reality inside ourselves, and as we grow stronger within, we discover that we can see clearest when we trust our own eyes. There is a glorious world, full and rich, just waiting for us to

Will I see the world through my own eyes today?

Today's Gift by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10) B4* is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Thanks for your efforts in consistently posting here...

I find inspiration in these passages whenever I pop into this thread and appreciate your diligence in contributing them - an asset to the community here - well done!
    "Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. We must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but sail we must and not drift, nor lie at anchor."
    - Oliver Wendell Holmes

"I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday March 26th 2008

I look in the mirror through the eyes of the child that was me.
    --Judy Collins

The child within each of us is fragile, but very much alive, and she interprets our experiences before we are even conscious of them. It is our child who may fear new places, unfamiliar people, and strange situations. Our child needs nurturing, the kind she may not have received in the past. We can take her hand, coax her along, let her know she won't be abandoned. No new place, unfamiliar person, or strange situation need overwhelm her.

It's quite amazing the strength that comes to us when we nurture ourselves, when we acknowledge the scared child within and hold her, making her secure. We face nothing alone. Together, we can face anything.

I will take care of my child today and won't abandon her to face, alone, any of the experiences the day may bring.

Each Day a New Beginning by Karen Casey
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Thursday March 27th 2008

Stop building cases

You don't have to build a big drama around your life. We may need to end a relationship or explore a new career. Instead of simply saying, This is what I'm going to do, we build a case.

Like a lawyer getting ready to go to court, we prepare our arguments. We take one feeling and build a hundred page document around it, prepared to battle our case.

You can build cases if you want to. But usually, there's a hidden feeling underneath all that case building that's asking to be cleared. It could be a tinge of guilt or fear. Or it could just be the belief that it's not okay to clearly express ourselves, say how it feels to us, and so what we need to do to take care of ourselves.

Let go of the drama. Just say what you need and how it feels to you.

Be as simple and clear as you can in expressing yourself. If you find yourself building a case or creating a big dramatic scene, take a moment. Why are you making such a fuss?

God, help me keep it simple, especially when it comes to expressing myself.

More Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Friday March 28th 2008

Detachment means "freedom from emotion."

Letting someone else's behavior determine how we feel at every turn is irresponsible. Our emotions should be determined by us, not by someone else. But no doubt we have spent years confusing the boundaries that separate us from other people. Whether at work or at home, we have too often let someone else's "insanity" affect how we behave and how we feel.

At first, it may seem insensitive not to react to others' problems or negative behavior. We may fear they'll think we simply don't care about them. Learning that it is far more caring to let other people handle their own lives takes time and patience. But with practice, it will begin to feel comfortable. In fact, in time it will feel freeing and wonderful.

I will work on detachment today, knowing that in time the rewards will come.

A Life of My Own by Karen Casey
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

chitown's own dtrain dtrain1027's Avatar
    dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey..just subbed to this thread we all need a litle pick me up..thanks...
    Sival rep bet
    hjayss now onto the next rep bet..
    Big Arm Big Pay

Saturday March 29th 2008

Seeing the good.

The beauty of our souls shines in many ways. The greatest of these is love. In the spirit of loving kindness, every day a little ugliness is removed; our perspective on life grows broader and deeper.

In the spirit of love, our lives become fresher, our souls humbler; evil seems to disappear, and we learn to distinguish sinner from the sin.

Do I see the good in people?

Higher Power, let me walk in your love and see the good in all things.

Day by Day - Second Edition by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Sunday March 30th 2008

A.A. Thought for the Day

We used to take a negative view of almost everything. There seemed to be very little good in the world, but lots of hypocrisy and sham. People could not be trusted. Those were our general attitudes toward life. Now we are more positive. We believe in people and in their capabilities. There is much love and truth and honesty in the world. Am I less negative and more positive?

Meditation for the Day

I think of God as a Great Friend and try to realize the wonder of that friendship. When I give God not only worship, obedience, and allegiance, but also close companionship, then God becomes my friend, even as I am God's. I can feel we are working together. My prayers become more real to me when I feel that God counts on my friendship and I count on God's.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may think of God as my friend.

Twenty-four Hours a Day for Teens by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Monday March 31st 2008

That the birds of worry and care
    fly about your head
    This you cannot change
    But that they build nests in your hair
    This you can prevent.

-- Chinese Proverb

Worry can be light on our shoulders or sink its teeth into our flesh. Worry can become such a habit that it may actually take over most of our waking and dreaming hours. Worry can break down our immune system and weaken our natural ability to fight illness.

For some people worry is a full-time job and life companion. How much do each of us worry each day? This is a good question to ask when we are ready to get serious about changing our worry habits.

Once we have identified how and when we worry, we are ready to reverse the pattern. Progress, not perfection, is the key in changing our worry habits. With an open mind and willing heart we have the power to change our habit of worry into one of trust. We know as we make this change that our Higher Power is truly at work in our lives.

Today let me begin to replace my worry with trust and faith in my ability to use my resources to face whatever life brings me.

Body, Mind, and Spirit by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Wink Tuesday April 1st 2008

Laughter, by definition, is healthy.
    --Doris Lessing

A hearty laugh can warm a cold room and make our spirits soar. But many of us are afraid to laugh, especially when we make mistakes. We think we're supposed to be perfect, and we don't allow ourselves to make mistakes. However, we're not a mold punched out by a machine. We're human beings, with all our wonderful flaws. It is those flaws that make our lives interesting and surprising. Who knows when we might accidentally bump into a chair or catch our sweater on a doorknob? We needn't feel self-conscious, it happens to many of us.

The ability to laugh at ourselves is a gift from God. All we need to do is grab it and use it. Then we will see how healthy and powerful laughter can be.

Today's Gift by Anonymous

*More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

chitown's own dtrain dtrain1027's Avatar
    dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dtrain1027 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    another good one sir///
    Sival rep bet
    hjayss now onto the next rep bet..
    Big Arm Big Pay

Cool

Originally Posted by B4* View Post
    I find inspiration in these passages whenever I pop into this thread and appreciate your diligence in contributing them - an asset to the community here - well done!
    Originally Posted by dtrain1027 View Post
    another good one sir///
    Thank you.

Thanks all who have briefly posted here, pm'd me and let me know you enjoy this thread.
    That is what has inspired me to be diligent and keep posting them although many I find do not apply to me they may apply to others.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Wednesday April 2nd 2008

Competing with others - Attitude

Some of us never liked close competition. We preferred to be clear winners or not to compete at all. We didn't like to have competitors breathing down our necks.

This attitude kept up from doing our best, and we made a mistake when we thought we were competing with others. We're actually competing with ourselves at all times, trying to do better than we did yesterday. The presence of other people only helps us to set performance standards and goals.

Once we accept the idea of self-improvement, we can delight in competition. We can take satisfaction in situations where, though we were not number one, we came in a close second instead of a sullen last.

I'll know today that I'm always working with others but only competing against myself.

Walk in Dry Places by Mel B.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Thursday April 3rd 2008

If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
    --Benjamin Franklin

We all desire to be loved. Our common human characteristic is our need to count in someone else's life. At least one other person needs us, we tell ourselves, when we feel least able to accept life's demands. How alike we all are. The paradox is that our own need for love is lessened when we bestow it on others. Give it away and it returns. A promise, one we can trust.

The reality about love and its path from sender to receiver and back again is often distant from our minds. More often we stew and become obsessed with the lack of love's evidence in our lives. Why isn't he smiling? Why didn't she care? Has someone more interesting taken our place? Choosing to offer love, rather than to look for it, will influence every experience we have. Life will feel gentler, and the rewards will be many and far reaching.

Loving others promises me the love I desire. But I can't expect it if I don't give it first.

The Promise of a New Day by Karen Casey and Martha Vanceburg
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Friday April 4th 2008

Awareness, Acceptance, Action

Dear God,

Slow me down when all I do is try to fix and control things and people. Help me to first accept situations, as they are when I become aware of them.

Slow me down in your stillness.

Mark my awareness with unselfishness, my acceptance with humility, and my actions with usefulness to me and others.

The 12 Step Prayer Book Volume 2 by Bill P. and Lisa D.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Saturday April 5th 2008

As a child, I walked through the world with wonder and awe. Each day started with a question and ended with a question. I had the mind of a beginner.
    --Anonymous

Did you ever notice that children ask the best questions? Why are things the way they are? How do they work? How did we get here? Who made us? Why?

These are the most important questions in life. Most of us never really get our questions answered. We just learn to stop asking people. We act like the things they tell us answer the questions, but they really don't.

Such questions are questions of the spirit. We can ask our Higher Power to help us learn the answers. We can talk with other people who are also interested in these questions and share our thoughts and ideas. Now that we are sober we can even read books that explore these questions. The truth is, we may never understand the answers because we are only human beings. But thinking about these things is good because it helps us be thankful for the mystery of life.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, I know I'll never understand everything, but will You please teach me something interesting today? Thank You.

Today's Action

What have I done lately to learn more about the mystery of life? What is one thing I can do today?

God Grant Me... by Anonymous
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~