cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Best flavor for ON 100% Whey when mixed with water?

What the best tasting flavor for ON 100% Whey when mixed with water?

Choc. Mint
    Chocolat
    Cookies N' Cream
    Strawberry
    Vanilla

300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cody3308

Choc. Mint
    Chocolat
    Cookies N' Cream
    Strawberry
    Vanilla
    Quick question, why water? Lactose intolerant?

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 300C
    Quick question, why water? Lactose intolerant?
    Because if you mix it with milk post w/o it will take longer to get into your system.

300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10) 300C is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by johnsbod
    Because if you mix it with milk post w/o it will take longer to get into your system.
    LOL, you're kidding me. Drink it with milk.

Originally Posted by cody3308

Choc. Mint
    Chocolat
    Cookies N' Cream
    Strawberry
    Vanilla

No offense man, but the only answer to your question is your own. That's an opinionated question. Everyone in the world could say chocolate, but you could hate it. But if it's with water, what difference is going to be made? It's still going to slightly taste like all of those above, which one do you like the most?

IUkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IUkid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does it taste that much better with milk.I use water to. The falvors taste pretty much the same to me.

2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 2pounds is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ons vanilla will mix great with orange juice it will throw in some carbs so that your protein will go towards repairing instead of toward energy

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL, you're kidding me. Drink it with milk.
    LOL, no, I'm not kidding. Do some research. Milk takes a long time to digest and after you work out you need to get protein into your body as soon as possible. Whey protein is also absorbed rather quickly which is why it is ideal post w/o. Adding milk negates the benefit of using a quick absorbing protein. A shake that uses milk is much better suited as a pre w/o shake.

Build to deadlift. hardcore_freak's Avatar
    hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hardcore_freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    strawberry have got a really weird taste, i would add V2 with it to make it better.

sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10) sowle2themax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL, no, I'm not kidding. Do some research. Milk takes a long time to digest and after you work out you need to get protein into your body as soon as possible. Whey protein is also absorbed rather quickly which is why it is ideal post w/o. Adding milk negates the benefit of using a quick absorbing protein. A shake that uses milk is much better suited as a pre w/o shake.
    agreed

lh6461 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chocolate tastes pretty good with milk but is horrible with water.

mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Are you sure about that? I know that milk itself takes longer to absorb due to the 80% casein protein content it has. But does this cause other protein substances(whey in this case) to take longer to absorb? I wouldn't think so since there are complex protein products that contain casein and whey. Wouldn't your body absorb the quicker protein at the normal rate and the slower protein at it's normal rate?

Don't know if it's fact, but it sounds realistic.

--Matt

Originally Posted by mkosem
    Are you sure about that? I know that milk itself takes longer to absorb due to the 80% casein protein content it has. But does this cause other protein substances(whey in this case) to take longer to absorb? I wouldn't think so since there are complex protein products that contain casein and whey. Wouldn't your body absorb the quicker protein at the normal rate and the slower protein at it's normal rate?

Don't know if it's fact, but it sounds realistic.

--Matt
    I'm sticking with water post w/o. I like to get a full meal in about an hour later anyway. From what I've read on this site and other places milk will slow down the digestive process. I doubt all the protein makes its way into the small intestine before the milk is also passed.

Anyway, it works well for me and many others so I'm sticking with it.

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    None I cannot stand any of ONS flavors , I would opt for Primiforce or Dymatize
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mkosem has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I use water PWO also. It was just speculation. I really like Syntrax Matrix 5.0 Chocolate flavor waay better than ON Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry,

--Matt

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    taking it with milk or water pw doesnt matter as long as ur getting protein into ur system. Ive tried both through my years and couldnt tell a difference. Its not like if u take it with water ur gonna put on an extra 10lbs a month or vice versa. The time it takes to digest either one is so minute that u wont see any significant benefit taking it with water.
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

Originally Posted by warriors
    taking it with milk or water pw doesnt matter as long as ur getting protein into ur system. Ive tried both through my years and couldnt tell a difference. Its not like if u take it with water ur gonna put on an extra 10lbs a month or vice versa. The time it takes to digest either one is so minute that u wont see any significant benefit taking it with water.
    Thanks for setting me straight. I'm still not sure if I buy it 100%, but to each their own. I don't need the extra calories from the milk so I never use milk post w/o or not.

Anyway, this was off-topic.
    Last edited by johnsbod; 01-08-2005 at 09:14 PM.

warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000) warriors is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for setting me straight. I'm still not sure if I buy it 100%, but to each their own. I don't need the extra calories from the milk so I never use milk post w/o or not.
    well if u can stand the taste in water than go for it
    "It's not that i'm that smart, it's just i picked a profession where everybody is stupid" Patrick Arnold

"Yes I Get That Your Balls Might Shrink While On It...but Last Time I Checked I Didnt Fuxk With My Balls Its The Shaft You Use Isnt It? And It Dosent Shrink...." Pro Lee Priest

Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Seph647 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Answering your question is really based on your own preference, but I like Chocolate Mint the best because it has a minty flavor to it and gets rid of the fake chocolate sort of taste.

The Bulldog Honky *KNUCKLEHEAD*'s Avatar
    *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50) *KNUCKLEHEAD* will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i take mine with water too. as for flavor: i asked a similar question and most people replied that chocolate mint is the best. thats gonna be my next jug. also, in my opinion, the taste is better , the less water u add.

Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000) Tanked is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 2pounds
    ons vanilla will mix great with orange juice it will throw in some carbs so that your protein will go towards repairing instead of toward energy
    wow, thats a good one, a milk product and orange juice (whey being a mil product) try mixing milk and orange juice together and see what happens.......
    that will be some slow digeting **** .........cheers
    We can rebuild him, Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

I never said milk is quickly digested, of course it's not, it's a dairy product. But even with that in mind, if you really think mixing it with water is more beneficial vs mixing it with milk, you are a complete dumbass. Don't argue with me. Realistically, I'm probably 1.6-3.0x smarter than you.
    Last edited by 300C; 01-08-2005 at 11:32 PM.

I never said milk is quickly digested, of course it's not, it's a dairy product. But even mention that. If you really think mixing it with water is that more beneficial vs mixing it with milk, you are a dumbass.
    It's more beneficial for quick absorbtion but of course the milk has extra nutrients. I'm not arguing that at all. Anyway, let's not hijack this thread anymore with off-topic stuff.

Why are you insulting me personally? This is a forum for debate. BTW, I doubt you are smarter than me. I'm in my second year as a PhD student at a very competative school that admits 2 students into this program each year.
    Last edited by johnsbod; 01-08-2005 at 11:40 PM.

| [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) | [PHoeNiX] | has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lh6461
    Chocolate tastes pretty good with milk but is horrible with water.
    I used to drink the ON 100% whey chocolate with milk, but then i started just using water and now i prefer that much more than the milk. It just takes time to get used to the taste.

It's more beneficial for quick absorbtion but of course the milk has extra nutrients. I'm not arguing that at all. Anyway, let's not hijack this thread anymore with off-topic stuff.

BTW, I doubt you are smarter than me. I'm in my second year as a PhD student.
    I'm in my second year as well, what school? BTW, how does being in our second year in university make us smarter than anyone else? Intelligence is best measured considering someone's ability/speed to grasp/learn new topics. Another question, how are you in your second year as a PhD student. I'm working towards my PhD as well but what the hell makes you a PhD student?

On a second note, I agree to drop the topic (I'm sure you already realize you were incorrect).

but what the hell makes you a PhD student?
    What do you mean?

BTW, I only mentioned that because of the insult you hurled.

If you want to chat about this let's take it to PM so we don't clutter this thread any more.

What do you mean?

BTW, I only mentioned that because of the insult you hurled.

If you want to chat about this let's take it to PM so we don't clutter this thread any more.
    Sure thing PM me, it was merely a fact, not an insult. And the PhD thing, what I mean is, you said you're in your second year as a PhD student... wtf is a PhD student? I'm working towards my PhD but that doesn't make me a PhD student.

cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cody3308 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Sorry, I guess I should said why I need it in water, basically I need it to digest as fast as possible within 2-4 hours, also I will be Thailand during this and I have been told their milk is like pure sugar and im hyperglycemic, so basically I need more calories without to many carbs.

Here is my predicted schedule:

5:30am- wake,eat a snack

6:00am through 9:00am- workout

9:30am- eat

10:30am through 12:30pm- sleep

1:00pm- drink protein supplement (what this topic is for)

Second workout starts either at 3:00pm or 6:00pm and last 3 hours, then after workout eat again.

Basically Thais at the camps only eat 2 meals per day, one after each workout, I think theres no way for me to get proper nutrients and calories with only 2 meals so I added a snack and a meal, hope this helps. And I need the protein drink to digest fast because the warmup for the workout is a 40-60 min run.
    Hope this helps