jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jobe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Deadlifts - back or leg day?

So which is a better day to deads, back or leg?

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    depends; myself, i always vote leg day
    <->

Believe to achieve IronBender800's Avatar
    IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronBender800 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Depends on the person..i would do then with legs just because id rather blast my lower back all in one session rather than earlier in the week with back and risk my back still being sore for legs because im a slow recoverer.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Arrow

I prefer back day for deadlifts.

As already stated, it really varies.

Either is fine IMO.

residue has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    back, to do heavy deadlifts and squats on the same day is murder.

Location: Uk, North East....You'll find me in the Freeweights section!!!!
    K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Am the same as Big n Buff. Back day for me.

My lower back is always very tired after Deads or Squats, so moving on from either to the other is just not practical for me.

I have 2 back days, Width and Thickness, but i do my deads on the width day. This is so that my lower back is fresh for the heavy rows on thickness day.
    "Everybody want to be a bodybuilder........but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!....Lets go!!! i'll do it though!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Thats about...............15........hundered, thats 35, 45lb plates...so its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Come on diesel, for the Mass!!!" Dorians training partner

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" Albert Einstein.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do deadlifts on back days. My back day is Monday and I do legs on Friday so I haven't had any problem with it.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jobe
    Attached Images

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    back, to do heavy deadlifts and squats on the same day is murder.

Heavy deadlifts and squats in the same week is murder ...

I love deadlifts as much as the next person (or hate), but in all honesty, full effort deadlifts and squats in the same weak just isn't practical unless you build your routine around it or do light squat/heavy deadlift weeks then switch.
    Last edited by marcFE; 01-08-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jobe
    Personal preference. I've done both, and both work. Just make sure you have plenty of time for your lower back to recover if you do them on back day, you don't want a sore lower back when squatting.

Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Porky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    back day baby.

Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50) Veteq will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends on your form. If you use a lot of legs in your deadlift (like I used to), then do them on leg day. However, If you keep your legs perfectly strait you can target your hamstrings as well. But if you keep your legs a little bent but stationary (like I do now) then I'd say to do them on back day.

I prefer more of a sumo stance myself, helps me keep emphasis on my back rather than my legs.

Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dark Phoenix is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Dead god not another one of these threads.

But, while we are talking about deads, I read somewhere that it is not good to do heavy deads every week. Why?
    I am not trying to be better than you, just better than myself
    BB jiu jitsu team 2009

daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10) daninthemix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is one of the most common threads on these boards. Personally I prefer to split up the two most demanding exercises (and preferably leave several days between them).
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com