The Crusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New program-westside for skinny bastards

Hi guys this is my first post here.I ve been reading stuff from here,t-mag,deep squatter and defrancos training.I am going to start defrancos westside for skinny bastards but i ve changed it to suit my needs
    MON- ME upper
    1.me exercise to 3rm(flat,incline, cg decline)
    2.horizontal row 4x8
    3.supplemental db bench 4x8
    4.vertical pull 4x8

WED-ME lower
    1.me exercise to 3rm(back squats,deads,front squats)
    2.posterior chain 4x6
    3.unilateral movement 4x12(alternating legs)
    4.lower back 4x12

FRI-repetition upper
    1.repetition lift 3x max reps
    2.vertical pull 4x8
    3.vertical push 4x8
    4.horizontal row 4x8
    Thats the template i plan on using and i plan on rotating exercises every 3 weeks.I changed the original template because there were too many isolation exercises.I plan on using this program to build strength and mass for my rugby season which starts in april and to build a base to start a full on westside program next offseason.What are your thoughts.Thanks guys.
    Last edited by The Crusader; 01-08-2005 at 11:51 PM.

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would work on gaing strength after season sicne you would be to tired during season to perform good in practice and meats

The Crusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i only train twice a week on tues and thurs so there is plenty of time to recover.do u guys think my routine is ok.cheers

Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bone Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is westside a good program for rugby players and would this program be a good one to do.

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bone Crusher
    Is westside a good program for rugby players and would this program be a good one to do.
    start your own thread dont hijack others.

user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10) user321653_345 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bone Crusher
    Strength is general, so I would assume this would be a decent program for any type of athlete.

rickshaw27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Strength is 'general' for all sports, but each athlete must train specifically for their own needs. Strength is no doubt important to build and maintain, but many times athletes think strength training only will take care of everything else. Make sure you do speed work, agility work, and any other components of athleticism that you need to work on as well. Just don't get caught in the rut that the only trip for conditioning is to the weight room and mindlessly following a bench, squat, and deadlift program, 'suited' for athletes.

Rick Karboviak
    www.thetipedge.com

Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rickshaw27
    Strength is 'general' for all sports, but each athlete must train specifically for their own needs. Strength is no doubt important to build and maintain, but many times athletes think strength training only will take care of everything else. Make sure you do speed work, agility work, and any other components of athleticism that you need to work on as well. Just don't get caught in the rut that the only trip for conditioning is to the weight room and mindlessly following a bench, squat, and deadlift program, 'suited' for athletes.

Rick Karboviak
    www.thetipedge.com
    Sorry, but SI is right, Westside has proved to work for an array of different sports other than just powerlifting (sprinters, football players, and various other athletes fall in here). The only lifts you need are bench, squat, and deadlift, if you want to keep it simple. Obviously speed work needs to be addressed, but remember, acceleration and max strength are closely related. The closer the distance, the bigger the role max strength plays.

Also, strength IS general. The main thing you should be doing in the weight room is training maximal strength (whether you are maintaining it or trying to improve upon it). Other qualities, such as explosive strength and strength endurance, are reliant on maximal strength.