rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein before bed?

I recently evaluated my protein intake for a day and I realized that I was shy of about 40 grams of protein for my recommended dosage (I figured, with the calculator, etc. that I should be getting about 180grams of protein for my 160lb body). Is it okay to take protein powder in water (2 scoops = 42 grams) before I go to bed (along with a PBJ and multivitamin)?

rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpgnick will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hmm...

I think Kutulus kind've answered the question in a previous post. But wouldn't it be kind've counterproductive taking it after working out... well, 6 hours is pretty far off and I don't take it in the morning.

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude u can take it before bed, and take it before and after workout all ths **** has been covered under www.teenbodybuilding.com

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you are trying to build mass not only is it ok to slug down a protein shake before bed, it is a great idea. Jay is right about the articles...check out the web site for articles on nutrition and protein to get more complete answers on the subject.

Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah i usually have it in water before/after workout then before bed a scoop or 2 with 3-5 glasses of milk cause it slowly digest or something like that . just look at the articles later.

GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GeNeTicFreAk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea when you rest its when you grow the most so it be a good idea to consume some then but u can use a slow absorbing protein (ex. milk) b/c you should atleast be sleeping 8 hours and that way you'd absorb it through the night but it probably wouldnt make a lot of a difference just save some $$$ instead of buying more whey

bump on that i agree with gmav

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by Jay
    bump on that i agree with gmav
    huh? But I haven't posted on this thread yet, lol..

Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First of all why are you not getting enuff protein? Do you eat 6 meals a day or just 3? I ate 6 meals and try to get 30-40 + and thats all I need.

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, rpgnick, if you need 180g a day then you should get six meals of 30g each. When you can't actually prepare a meal or mix a shake, you could substitute a bar...there are several that have 30 or close to it, some with even more. One problem you get into if you don't get close to that per meal figure is that you'll have trouble making it up in later meals...and another is that you'll be tempted to try to do something like get 100g from a single mealtime, which is also pretty pointless.

Shoot for 30g per meal. Plan ahead and it's fairly easy to do. Myself, based on my weight and needs, I get at least 40g per meal and it is neither difficult nor too expensive.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by rpgnick
    I think Kutulus kind've answered the question in a previous post. But wouldn't it be kind've counterproductive taking it after working out... well, 6 hours is pretty far off and I don't take it in the morning.
    Are you serious?!?! You need protein after you workout! Have you ever read anything about protein or do you blindly look at ads in magazines and yes you need it before bed! Go to my article at www.teenbodybuilding.com/fun/layne.htm3 to learn more about different kinds of protein.
    Peace

joehagyHH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    definatly before bed, and definatly after workout...... before bed to make sure you dont lose any muscle at night( to put it in simple terms).

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Take Casein protein before bed (milk) because it digests slower and you go w/o protein when you sleep. I take a whey shake after my workout because the muscles absorb it quicker.
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jeff, where ya been bro?

Hmm...

That's not what I meant, didn't clarify myself. I meant another intake after the post workout a few hours later. I realized I asked a stupid question in the first place because of the recuperation during sleep, but thanks anyways. Also need to mix up my breakfast a bit more.