US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

4 months of dumbell bench press training and now..............

after 4 months of benching with dumbells i have added alot of size to my chest as well as molding stabilizer muscles in tunr making my stability better.

EXCEPT!!!!..............today i switched back to barbell for the first time. I SUCKED! prior to using dumbells i did 155 10 times. now i did it 3 times!! then i did 135 7 times!!!!!!

BULL**** I SAY!!!! Is it because im not use to it yet??? that doens't make sense though becuase why would my strength dramatically decrease if i built up these stabilizer msucles and added strength from using the dumbells????????

Weissmuller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: 4 months of dumbell bench press training and now..............

Originally posted by US-Marine
    after 4 months of benching with dumbells i have added alot of size to my chest as well as molding stabilizer muscles in tunr making my stability better.

EXCEPT!!!!..............today i switched back to barbell for the first time. I SUCKED! prior to using dumbells i did 155 10 times. now i did it 3 times!! then i did 135 7 times!!!!!!

BULL**** I SAY!!!! Is it because im not use to it yet??? that doens't make sense though becuase why would my strength dramatically decrease if i built up these stabilizer msucles and added strength from using the dumbells????????
    I am really not an expert on it but I think it has to do with the nueral side of your strength. Compound exercizes like bench require the body to rerout nueral paths to perform at optimal effecinacy and max strength. Since you were away for a while your body might have to relearn the movment but since you did it before it should come back fast. I'd say give it a week or 2. If you made strength gains with the DBs then some of it should carry over since it is similar muscle groups just that they are coordinated differently in the two exercizes and the coordination is all nueral. This is my guess but it could be something else so see what other input comes in.
    Due to the 2nd Law of thermodynamics if one wishes to add order to their life they must add an equal or greater amount of disorder to their surroundings.

:-: Fitness is nothing more than the body's adaptation to a created enviroment.

Experienced Young'n Anabolic Gardo's Avatar
    Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Anabolic Gardo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nicely said, Weissmuller.
    220lb Junior RAW
    465/345/505

Apollon Gym Rat

psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) psikooz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your strength will come back , your body will adjust

Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big Jake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn bro 4 MONTHS!! That's crazy. Next time switch up your routine every 2-4 weeks or so. Stimulate new growth!

-jake
    Stimulate, don't annihilate.

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    did you count the weight of the bar?
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red