tanarus187 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How Long Did it take for some of u guys to get a six pac

How long does it take for some of yall to get a six pac and what exersizes and diet yall doin.

YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YellowJacket is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on who you ask, took me about 2 weeks cause Im thin, other might take months. Just watch what you eat and do your crunches, bicycles, leg lifts and twists. Dont eat close to bed and do your abs on an empty stomach and if you're of age, throw in a thermo. fat burner and some mean cardio

tanarus187 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well im 15 an have been doin cruches and twisted leg cruches 100 each 2 times and the same thing everyday iv been reading other articles and the say dont do that every day. Only like every other day or so now im doing weighted cruches and twisted cruches. Anyone think I will get my abs to peak out doin this like every other day.

HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HockeyPlayer84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Getting your abs to show also has to do with your body fat percentage,
    I think for them to start coming in quite well its like around 8%
    mine is 5.2% it took me a while though i had to hit cardio everyday for at least an hour for a month and eating correctly during that time... given I was about 10 lbs over weight as well.
    as for the ab work out this is my routine
    Non stop portion
    50 crunches
    30 reverse
    150 bikes
    50 crunches
    20 reverse
    50 bikes
    leg up crunch
    15 reverse
    20 crunches
    50 bikes
    should get a good burn outta that
    hitting your core as well will do nothing but help your mid section
    knee raises
    plank
    side plank for obs

hope this helps
    No Excuses!
    EAT CHOCOLATE!
    NASM CPT

shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) shadowstrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

9 months

TEAM HEATH 2009 txhockeyplaya19's Avatar
    txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10) txhockeyplaya19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i just started doin decline crunches every now and then, lik 3 sets at a time.

i think i have about 15% BF... dont really give a fuk at the time

and well, i have a 6 pack and serratus definition

some ppl just carry their fat more in certain places than others
    "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."
    -dont know who said it but it made bill gates kinda rich.

"The harder your work the luckier you get" (<very true)
    -BSF

joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joncandoit has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    OP, maybe if you give some stats/pics it would be easier to say.

You obviously have to develope the ab muscles and have a low BF %. I believe under 10% you start to get ab definition

Fatassing it to 200. lastlieutenant's Avatar
    lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50) lastlieutenant will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    8% bodyfat.

I don't directly work abs because I figure I get enough of them with other exercises. I don't think you realize how much they are used in certain exercises.

But ya, 45 minutes a day at a high incline at about 3-4 mph will melt that fat right off.
    Lift Hard, Eat Hard, Sleep Hard.

MuscleBeats.com - Music. Motivation.

Getting stronger every day.

Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000) Tallbill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dunno yet! The muscles are definitely there, just gotta lose a little more bf, working on it though.
    BTDT

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cant remember i think i have always had abs even before i started training but now they have just improved x1000

IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IEatPowerRacks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HockeyPlayer84 View Post
    mine is 5.2% it took me a while though i had to hit cardio everyday for at least an hour for a month and eating correctly during that time... given I was about 10 lbs over weight as well.
    Non stop portion
    50 crunches
    30 reverse
    150 bikes
    50 crunches
    20 reverse
    50 bikes
    leg up crunch
    15 reverse
    20 crunches
    50 bikes
    knee raises
    plank
    side plank for obs

hope this helps
    strong bump

Teenage BodyBuilder CainMcCloud's Avatar
    CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainMcCloud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of good information, I needed some of it. Thanks guys for this info, I am hoping to have one once I chop me fat ass down.

Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lifter4Life59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Non stop portion
    50 crunches
    30 reverse
    150 bikes
    50 crunches
    20 reverse
    50 bikes
    leg up crunch
    15 reverse
    20 crunches
    50 bikes
    knee raises
    plank
    side plank for obs

hope this helps
    5.2%? isnt that like competition bf %?
    "Trust yourself, break some rules, don't be afraid to fail, ignore the naysayers, work like hell, and always give something back" Arnold Schwarzenegger

Vegetarian, before you ask where I get my protein do some research

mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100) mac520 is not very well liked. (-100)
    You don't need to do a dozen different ab exercises. Just weighted sit-ups on a decline bench, in the 8-12 rep range, is the best way to induce hypertrophy. Once your abdominal muscles have grown in size, focus on dieting to remove the fat.

There is no "8-minute ab routine" that will get you "tone"

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Lifter4Life59 View Post
    5.2%? isnt that like competition bf %?
    Pretty close... 3% is about as low as you can get.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

Tiger51 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

question

Originally Posted by YellowJacket View Post
    Depends on who you ask, took me about 2 weeks cause Im thin, other might take months. Just watch what you eat and do your crunches, bicycles, leg lifts and twists. Dont eat close to bed and do your abs on an empty stomach and if you're of age, throw in a thermo. fat burner and some mean cardio
    Hey i have the same body about 140 6 feet and i have alot of trouble gaining so i take weight gainer but since im takin it i kinda have a belly so how were you gaining weight while doing so much cardio like u must took in alot of calories. Just wondering Thanks
    sorry not the best typer

Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Forumite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll let you know when it happens. I did things a but wrong when I started working out. When in around 220 and lost more than I wanted, droped down to 160(ish) before I started lifting, then decided I needed to add some mass. Right now I'm close to 180 but my BF is probably around 13%.

Steady09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    iv got my top 4 showing quite well now from all the cardio i started doing.. & i never trained abs, i am going to start training them at least once a week to try develop the bottom 2 abit more. i have been eating about 2 hour before going to bed though, can anyone say how many hours before going to bed would be appropriate to eat if i wanted to define my abs more?

YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) YesThatGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've always had one. Even when I was like 9 years old, I remember having a six pack.

I accredit this to my genetics and metabolism.

The Rated U Superstar Ford_Power's Avatar
    Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ford_Power will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tanarus187 View Post
    How long does it take for some of yall to get a six pac and what exersizes and diet yall doin.
    Abs are primarily made in the kitchen, with limited additional gym help. You don't need to train abs any more than you'd train any other muscle grouping, especially because if you're squatting and deadlifting properly you'll find your abs will get worked hard there since you need to keep those muscles tight in those lifts.

Eat clean and add some cardio in and you'll burn off enough fat to see them. No need for an "abs day" to do 300 different exercises.
    "That's how winning is done. Now if you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth! But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin' you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that, and that ain't you! You're better than that!" - from the movie "Rocky Balboa"

"Rome wasn't built in a day, and your body won't be either. It takes patience, hard work, and dedication." - ME.

OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000) OldManFerg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Took me 4 months from absolutely no stomach muscles to 6 pack. I eat insanely clean diet which is very high in protein and I did cardio until I got my BF% around 9-10%. Best ab exercise are involve weights (think of it the same as any muscle, you need to use weights to build it up). Other good ones are bicycle crunches, leg raises, and planks.

Run until it hurts belairdfence99's Avatar
    belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) belairdfence99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To get a six pack from my experience, you need to train explosively and focus on compound lifts. Then, you just lean out and you will have a six pack.
    **MISC Running Crew**

You are what you eat, love what you are.

"are u guys fuking wizard chefs??? surely u don't eat like this all the time...." TheDarkKnight27

I may or may not have gotten my avi idea from American_Psycho

Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Lean88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by belairdfence99 View Post
    To get a six pack from my experience, you need to train explosively and focus on compound lifts. Then, you just lean out and you will have a six pack.
    Compounds do work the abs well and the core generally, but theres no substitute for direct work.

Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gzus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mine is 5.2%
    It isn't.

Originally Posted by musicality213 View Post
    Pretty close... 3% is about as low as you can get.
    Actual 3% and you would be dead.

victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victor12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started off with all bones and no meat. Took me a week to get mine.

nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nykwan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't have a sixpack right now, but I used to diet down to get it for the every summer. Last time I did it, I went from pinching almost 2inches around the bellybutton to a sixpack in 8weeks. But it was a strict 8weeks of still lifting, running for 45 min twice/week, and a very strict diet where I logged my calories and stuff. Needless to say, i felt hungry all the time, but I saw results almost every week with the calipers.
    My vids
    http://www.youtube.com/user/nykwan1/videos

laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000) laughin_man is just really nice. (+1000)
    mine is 5.2%
    i loled