BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is 300 Jumping Jacks Enough Cardio?

The first few minutes it seems like it...but is it enough to burn fat? I'm not fat though, I just want my striations to show more. I'll be doing this 6 days a week, with no rest between the 300. Is this really cardio? I used to run for about 40 minutes @ a brisk jogging pace 5 days a week. I need to lose 5% BF in 3 months

Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Points has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's really a function of time and intensity. Jumping jacks can give you the intensity for good cardio. You want at least 20 mins cardio to get benefit. I don't think 300 jumping jacks will give you a long enough workout. You will burn calories and therefore there is benefit to this or any exercise. I would bet your jogging routine will be better suited to weightloss.

Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your true goal is to drop 5% BF in 3 months, doing 300 jumping jacks is a poor choice.
    what else are you doing? what is your diet like?

overall, there are better choice for fat burning and maintaining lean muscle mass than jumpin' jacks.

HIIT is certainly a good choice.

sorry editing...
    6 days a week, the same exercise = a horrible idea.

what is the goal? why the timeline to drop BF?

brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How long does it take you to do 300 jumping jacks? A more suitable goal might be to do jumping jacks for 20-30 minutes. In fact, why not just jump rope. That's great cardio.
    32 5'10" 180lbs 10%bf

Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by brokenchair
    How long does it take you to do 300 jumping jacks? A more suitable goal might be to do jumping jacks for 20-30 minutes. In fact, why not just jump rope. That's great cardio.

jumping rope is GREAT cardio! good recommendation Brokenchair.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeHappy
    The first few minutes it seems like it...but is it enough to burn fat? I'm not fat though, I just want my striations to show more. I'll be doing this 6 days a week, with no rest between the 300. Is this really cardio? I used to run for about 40 minutes @ a brisk jogging pace 5 days a week. I need to lose 5% BF in 3 months
    its not a matter of how many you do its for how long you keep your heartrate up,in other words..... do jumping jacks for 20 minutes,and remember its not a race its a marathon

BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I can't do jumping jacks or jump rope for 20 minutes straight...I swear I'm going to die. I have about 10% BF and I'm what you people call "bulking" I guess I don't really know what that means. My forum title says MxS, which means I'm employing Maximum Strength Training, usually the 4th stage of the 6 in Professional BodyBuilding. You can imagine my diet now, I eat only 6 meals a day consisting of chicken and protein shakes and any other supplements I get my hands on. I don't think I can fit in HIIT...Anyways yesterday I did 200 jump ropes at a moderate pace, enough to stay concentrated on burning. Then I did another 100 after a 10 second rest. Today, the back of my calves only hurt and I can barely flex them when I walk...

So should i jump rope for 20 minutes straight...

brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10) brokenchair is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, tha'll be good. but always try to go for a little longer each time.
    32 5'10" 180lbs 10%bf

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BeHappy
    So should i jump rope for 20 minutes straight...
    or you could just go running like the rest of the world

LOL I did run, but I hate it when people just watch me from their windows and go like, "That guy thinks he's buff"

I just tried jump roping for 4 minutes and I collapsed I can't handle this!! Argh...

Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Los_Diablo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think things like jumping jacks, squat thrusts, and mountain climbers have their place. Especially as a warm up.

Registered User FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BeHappy View Post
    LOL I did run, but I hate it when people just watch me from their windows and go like, "That guy thinks he's buff"
    I guarantee that less people than you think are taking the time to watch you through their windows, lol.

If you want your striations to show more then change your diet.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Los_Diablo View Post
    I think things like jumping jacks, squat thrusts, and mountain climbers have their place. Especially as a warm up.
    You bumped a thread that was nearly 6 years old to say that???

Registered User FloydSummerOf68's Avatar
    FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FloydSummerOf68 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn...I was suckered into a dead thread without looking at the OP date