BIGballer0107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats a good weight training program for boxer?

In In October Im going to start boxing...my dad signed me up for lessons.....Lately I have been working out just for size, but does anyone know a good routine for a boxer.....im gonna wanna fight at a little lower weight than i am at around 150.I see how boxers in lighter weights look....there not real big but pretty ripped , what should i do to look like that?

~~~Thanx for n e help

Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindfaith is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    here is a program that will get u pretty lean and increase your muscular endurance:

FULLBODY WORKOUT

1) Dumbell Bench press
    2) Barbells or preacher curls
    3) Tricep Pushdown
    4) T-bar Rows or Seated Rows
    5) Dumbell shoulder press
    6) Leg Extension
    7) Squats (no wieght)
    8) Calve Raises
    9) wrist curls
    10) Crunches

do this routine for 8 weeks.....first week do 2x30....and after every week increase the reps by 5.

as for cardio.....skipping rope, and jogging are always good!

hope this helps

cheers
    Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

The body cannot achieve what the mind cannot conceive.

Practice doesnt make perfect....perfect practice makes perfect

BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BurritoJimmy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re:

Do you want to know what to do to look like a boxer or do you want to know what to do in order to be a good boxer?

BIGballer0107 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well im taking the lessons to try and be a good boxer....but i no that i wanna look good when i gotta fight in front of other people

de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi bigballer, if u want 2 be a boxer do not lift weights. muscle weighs more than fat and if you continue to lift weights youll be boxing people that are alot bigger than you, i have been boxer fo about 9 months in 73-76 kg weight and i made the mistake of lifting weights and i was 70 kg when i started and because of the weights i went up to 75kg after about 1 month of boxing.

de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) de11boy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi bigballer, if u want 2 be a boxer do not lift weights. muscle weighs more than fat and if you continue to lift weights youll be boxing people that are alot bigger than you, i have been boxer fo about 9 months in 73-76 kg weight and i made the mistake of lifting weights and i was 70 kg when i started and because of the weights i went up to 75kg after about 1 month of boxing.
    so all i would say is dont lift weights just ;

1) run
    2) skip
    3) press ups
    4) triceps press ups
    5) pull ups.

the main thing is running, boxing is just short birst of speed for only a few minutes . so make sure you can run alot, also when you run,skip etc etc try to wear a mouthguard to get used 2 how to breath when youve got a mouthguard in because its a little harder. so concentrate on cardiovascular exercise and exrecises that do not need any weights, lynton

Captin Swole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by de11boy
    so all i would say is dont lift weights just ;

1) run
    2) skip
    3) press ups
    4) triceps press ups
    5) pull ups.

the main thing is running, boxing is just short birst of speed for only a few minutes . so make sure you can run alot, also when you run,skip etc etc try to wear a mouthguard to get used 2 how to breath when youve got a mouthguard in because its a little harder. so concentrate on cardiovascular exercise and exrecises that do not need any weights, lynton
    wrong...if you train right then u wont go up in weight too much, for the majority of people just dont pack on 10 - 20 lbs of muscle in 3 months...you can condition your body and muscles and train the muscle to be more explosive, which will help you HIT SUPER HARD...do a search on the web, talk to some top boxing coaches...but do not do a BB style routine, or a powerlifting style routine...your training should be more in the ring and boxing sort of stuff...and just a time or 2 in the weight room to help facilitate explosive hitting...

~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ~jAmeZ~ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a good friend who is a very promising amateur boxer at the mo and he gave me this advice:

1) Do not train like a bodybuilder. The last thing u want is big muscles that don't do anything except push ur weight up.

2) Train with weights, but train for power and endurance. This usually involves 30–60% of 1 RM performed at a fast contraction velocity with 2–3 min of rest between sets for multiple sets per exercise. For muscular endurance training, it is recommended that light to moderate loads (40–60% of 1 RM) be performed for high repetitions (> 15) using short rest periods (< 90 s). Basic strength exercises, such as push ups should also be performed.

3) Focus on ur abs! A strong midsection is VERY important.

4) DO NOT attempt to add size to ur legs. Big legs do not help u in boxing.....2/3 of ur muscle mass is below ur waist, so if u bulk up down there u will only serve to push ur weight up very quickly. Take a good look at pro boxers......big upper body, very skinny legs.

5) Focus some of ur cardio around an actual boxing match. For example, try skipping rope for the length of a round, wait one minute, then skip again for the time of the next round. Alternatively, u can use a fast session on a boxing bag for the same time limits.

Hope this helps.

Muscle Weighs More Than Fat !!!!! concentrate on ur speed and cardio.

steelnuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i boxed for a few years competively a few years ago . we used to train for speed, endurance, and muscle endurance. you need a routine that incorporates all three. explosive power is important but you also need excellent muscle endurance in your legs, after 2 rounds moving around they turn to jello(skipping helps this ).you need to maximize strength while keeping your weight as low as possible to start(being the strongest lightest fighter is best). any lifting you do should be light high reps accompanied by cardio (lots of wind sprints).as for excersises you should be ok with most just don't go heavy. the most important muscles in boxing are shoulders, tri's, chest , AB'S,and leg's.