Thread: squatting pain

glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

squatting pain

Only since the new year when i have modified my schedule that squatting has been a serious element of my weight lifting program. I squatted the other day for the first time and the next day i woke up and my legs were very sore. Indeed, even today (the day after) they are still very sore. Is this normal? dont mention my form of methods as they were spot on, am not stupid.

Moreover, ive noticed that my thigh muscles have increased in size the last few days due to it. 2 biig muscles have suddenly appeared out of no where and ppl have noticed. i have always been quick at putting muscle on so i just assume the pain is due to the fact ive never really used those muscles before for heavy weights and the fact my body is adapating to the change in regime.

what u guys think

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Provided the pain isn't joint pain then it might just be hypertrophy as a result of shaking your schedule up a bit. Sometimes I'll do 20 rep squats on my chest and tricep day and the next day my legs will be burning like a bonfire. I think it's good for the growth if you change things once in a while.

(Or it could be a terrible, career-ending, laming joint condition.)
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50) chewwy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by glasgow_celtic
    Only since the new year when i have modified my schedule that squatting has been a serious element of my weight lifting program. I squatted the other day for the first time and the next day i woke up and my legs were very sore. Indeed, even today (the day after) they are still very sore. Is this normal? dont mention my form of methods as they were spot on, am not stupid.

Moreover, ive noticed that my thigh muscles have increased in size the last few days due to it. 2 biig muscles have suddenly appeared out of no where and ppl have noticed. i have always been quick at putting muscle on so i just assume the pain is due to the fact ive never really used those muscles before for heavy weights and the fact my body is adapating to the change in regime.

what u guys think
    yup.

normal.

Official Board Barbarian The Kurgan's Avatar
    The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The Kurgan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Of course, it's usual for your legs to explode when your first start squatting seriously. When I started powerlifting I nearly died from putting my squat too high.
    "... like a spring storm in an eastern wind, retiring only to return with more fury."

- James Hogg

glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) glasgow_celtic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by The Kurgan
    Of course, it's usual for your legs to explode when your first start squatting seriously. When I started powerlifting I nearly died from putting my squat too high.
    lol

thanks guys, rep points for u all later.

bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    if you train legs seriously youll be reminded of it sometimes 1 week later still if your a begginer.
    instinct >>over>> science
    dont think, feeeeel
    you cant polish a turd, genetics are everything.