Thread: Torn ACL

redneck54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redneck54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Torn ACL

Tore my ACL two weeks ago and get surgury in two weeks. Tryin to lose as much weight as possible cause I know I won't be able to do stuff for a while. Any words of wisdom for some good (Quick) cutting.
    Jacob C.B.

Before After
    Acl tear

Ht-5'6
    Wt-175 180
    Bench-255 250
    Squat-315 255

Updated=4-20

BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BSN dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it sucks. I tore my ACL last year snowboarding and was on crutches for 6 months. Its a crappy injury to get. Best of wishes.
    arms 15.25''
    delts 18.5''
    forearms 13.25''
    legs 22'':(
    calves 14''
    waiste 31''
    chest 41.5''

Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dutch... has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redneck54 View Post
    Tore my ACL two weeks ago and get surgury in two weeks. Tryin to lose as much weight as possible cause I know I won't be able to do stuff for a while. Any words of wisdom for some good (Quick) cutting.
    i had 3 acl surgeries over the past 4 years and never had any real problems with weight issues, your gonna lose alot of weight from the muscle wasting away in your legs, your leg thats operated on will turn to jello pretty fast, but about a week after every surgery i was back in the gym crutching around doing upper body stuff, and depending on your dr. you can be on a bike pretty fast which will help with cardio...but make sure you take it slow and follow your therapists and dr.s plan for rehab exactly, theyll build your lower body back pretty good... so i wouldnt really worry about cutting if i were you...
    Mike Katz and Dave Draper...my heroes...

Ive always wondered, "whats the frequency, Kenneth"...but really, whats the frequency?

working on hitting on 220 by next fall...

August 07-176lbs
    October 07-190lbs
    January 08-205lbs

boostedmkiii has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Dutch... View Post
    i had 3 acl surgeries over the past 4 years and never had any real problems with weight issues, your gonna lose alot of weight from the muscle wasting away in your legs, your leg thats operated on will turn to jello pretty fast, but about a week after every surgery i was back in the gym crutching around doing upper body stuff, and depending on your dr. you can be on a bike pretty fast which will help with cardio...but make sure you take it slow and follow your therapists and dr.s plan for rehab exactly, theyll build your lower body back pretty good... so i wouldnt really worry about cutting if i were you...
    I had my ACL, MCL, PCL, Meniscus, and knee cap repaired about a month ago. I have been lifting heavy upper body and have seen some really good results. All of my energy goes into my upper body, and doesnt have to split between upper and lower.

Oh, and yeah. My left leg (one that was operated on) is completely gone. Its gonna take some serious work to get back to where I was with my lower body. But I'm making the best of it...