Thread: Muscle Relaxers

s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle Relaxers

Hey guys, I just started lifting twice a day. My job forces me to lift early in the morning and late at night. I eat right, take all my supplements, and I love lifting twice a day(you should try it if you can.) However, I have been having some serious sleep issues. I'm running on about 3-5 hours of sleep, but Im in bed for an alleged 8. My buddy suggested muscle relaxers, but he's just your everyday run of the mill pothead, so I immediately said no. I started rethinking my answer, and thought about the dangers/benefits of muscle relaxers to a bodybuilder. I wonder is there anyone here who has tried them? Because of the name, I also am going to stray away, it just sounds like it's negative to progress in my opinion.

I stopped taking Vapor before my nightime lift, and that helped alot. I still can't sleep though. And it's really killing me. I even fell asleep on the lifeguard stand haha. I would like to try muscle relaxers as an occasional sleep aid, not daily. So, let me know brothers, and thanks in advance -shark

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not a good question to ask a bunch of teens about

Pualie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    amen to that

s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) s.h.a.r.k.e.y has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask teens about. Maybe their doctors prescribed them? Who knows, I'd rather ask teens than anyone else, because I am a teen bb'er just like you and I like to keep the same company. I didn't ask for everyone's opinion, just someone who knows anything about it. -shark

blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Addiction factor on ****** and ****** and klonopin is huge.

****** is god's gift to man -- and I mean that in a bad way.

Meth, heroin, muscle relaxers, opiates, ******* and its byproducts = stay away if you can, imo.

Try to work on getting more sleep. Maybe melatonin can help you fall/stay asleep.

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wouldn't use any Rx meds unless a Doctor prescribes them. Its way too easy to get hooked on **** like that. And I'm not just preaching cuz I was prescribed codiens a while back and I started liking them a little too much.
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blumnblam has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by K_muscle View Post
    I wouldn't use any Rx meds unless a Doctor prescribes them. Its way too easy to get hooked on **** like that. And I'm not just preaching cuz I was prescribed codiens a while back and I started liking them a little too much.
    Those codeines and 5 mg hydrocodones (vicodin) don't do much for some, do a lot for others. They pack those with so much acetominophen (500 mg) that you get bad liver damage if you have too many of those drugs...unless you cold water extract the active ingredients

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by s.h.a.r.k.e.y View Post
    Hey guys, I just started lifting twice a day. My job forces me to lift early in the morning and late at night. I eat right, take all my supplements, and I love lifting twice a day(you should try it if you can.) However, I have been having some serious sleep issues. I'm running on about 3-5 hours of sleep, but Im in bed for an alleged 8. My buddy suggested muscle relaxers, but he's just your everyday run of the mill pothead, so I immediately said no. I started rethinking my answer, and thought about the dangers/benefits of muscle relaxers to a bodybuilder. I wonder is there anyone here who has tried them? Because of the name, I also am going to stray away, it just sounds like it's negative to progress in my opinion.

I stopped taking Vapor before my nightime lift, and that helped alot. I still can't sleep though. And it's really killing me. I even fell asleep on the lifeguard stand haha. I would like to try muscle relaxers as an occasional sleep aid, not daily. So, let me know brothers, and thanks in advance -shark
    If you are not sleeping, the reason for the lack of sleep needs to be investigated. The use of muscle relaxants is a bad idea, as they do not promote quality of sleep, and have other side-effects that are not good in the longer term.

What you need to do is to find out what is causing your poor sleep habits. One thing that is good to look up is Sleep Hygiene, which is all about improving your sleep habits to allow better sleep.

For example:
    - do not go to bed at a set time. Go when you feel tired.
    - sleepiness comes in waves. They last about 15 minutes, and then go away for 45-90 minutes. When a wave of tiredness hits you, go straight to bed. They only last about 15 minutes. If it passes before you go to bed, wait for the next wave.
    - don't go to bed before 10.00pm
    - don't sleep during the day
    - try and keep your waking time the same for every day of the week
    - ensure there is some time for you to relax and wind down before you go to bed.
    - do not read in bed
    - if you do not fall asleep within 30 minutes, get up and stay up until you feel tired again
    - less than 3 cups of coffee/cola per day, none after 2.00pm
    - don't worry about not falling asleep
    - don't worry about waking at night. If you are awake for more than 30 minutes, get up out of bed until you feel tired again
    - when you get into bed, see if you can yawn and/or deep breath. This signals the body to slow down.
    - make sure that your sleep environment is quiet and comfortable. Is there undue noise? Is it too hot or cold? Is your bed uncomfortable?

You will need to try this for at least 2 weeks to see if it works, then follow the rules after that if they work for you.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

ItZ JoEy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItZ JoEy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItZ JoEy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItZ JoEy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ItZ JoEy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    WEll you have come to the right place. I have tried it all and no I do recommend muscle relaxers because they are addicting and if used to goto to sleep and then you will depend on them to sleep every night. Don't use any sleep aids because they will make you dependent on them. Not to mention to obtain muscle relaxers without a prescription is illegal. My advice to you is wake up a little earlier and to lift (at night) a little later that way your blood isn't pumping all over. Good luck with the problem man.

baltazar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can buy some Gaba and talk to a doctor before you take any Rx medication

ariesgyrl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes, try melatonin and/or 5-HTP BEFORE muscle relaxers. You can find melatonin in the vitamin section of most stores. 5-HTP at stores like Vitamin shoppe or online.

B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    i used them a few months ago when i hurt my back. they were prescribed by my doctor. they definatley help you sleep but idk if there are any bad side effects for long term use. you should probably ask your doctor.

Thanks everybody for the help. I have tried sleep aids for the past couple nights and they don't even help me. I still get 3-5 hours, and Im in bed for 8. Initially I thought it was because I was taking supplements pre/post workout, but now believe theres something else wrong. I am going to see a doctor tomorrow about the problem, will let you know what they say. thanks brothers -shark

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)
    i had some muscle relaxers last year and would crush 1 up and take one whole and take em down before i went to sleep... i've never been into drugs of any kind before, but for that little while, while i was prescribed i always did that... i had methocarbamol and it was good sleep every night... it was weird getting off them, and they didn't have any sort of dependancy, but i missed em after they were gone... i actually looked forward to sleep every night hahah... oh well,

my recomendation is to never start any of that crap... it was fun, and i slept good, but i really started considering other drugs for sleep after it was all over until my body got used to sleeping like normal...

hope this helps
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) webster7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    u train too late at night
    ur metabolism is stilll high when going to sleep
    cut the late night thing

baltazar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    True and dont take Rx medications cause they contain many ingrediants that if combined with creatine, etc they can cause liver,stomach problems so just watch what you take.

gibsob1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by webster7 View Post
    u train too late at night
    ur metabolism is stilll high when going to sleep
    cut the late night thing
    x2, i had the same problem for a while, the late night lift proved to be counter-productive for me.

Originally Posted by gibsob1 View Post
    x2, i had the same problem for a while, the late night lift proved to be counter-productive for me.

What are the reasons you say it was counter productive? lack of sleep? any others?

2_RELENTLESS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 2_RELENTLESS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i take muscle relaxants regularly.. there called **** there prescribed to me so don t call me a drugee. anyway they make me fall asleep about 30-45 minutes after i lay down. thay help alot

delbert08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    supplement with melatonin pills. by em at gnc. i started taking them right b4 bed, and now i wake up once in the middle of the night, maybe not at all, wen in the past i was waking up on average 3-5 times
    just shut up and get those egg whites down