willjohnson33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Right Leg Much Larger than Left Leg

I have been Olympic lifting for the past 7 months or so, which has entailed doing mostly Snatch and variations, Clean&Jerks or variations, Front and Back Squats and some upper body work. The end result is that my legs have gotten much bigger (still small compared to most here I’m sure) and stronger. However, I broke my left leg when I was in middle school (I’m 30 now) so it has always been a little smaller and weaker. I feel as though I am favoring my right leg quite a bit when I am lifting and it is noticeable larger. In fact, I measured last night and my right quad in the middle is around an inch larger than my left. I want to get rid of the imbalance because I think it is affecting my ability to lift more because my right leg is doing a much larger % of the work. Should I just completely stop doing squats and the Olympic lifts in favor of just doing Left Leg days a couple of days a week? Or am I better off continuing with my current workout, but supplementing with some Left Leg work at the end of my workout? Any thoughts as to how I should fix this imbalance are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Will

not one reply

Is this that trivial or a question? Not even one response. Tips on where I should post to get an anser?

Thanks

Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Donovaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. I had posterior crucient ligament surgery on my left knee in 95'. I can tell a major difference when doing single leg extentions after squats. The right definately gets worked more. When I run long distances 5+ my right leg natural takes more of the toll and is sore real bad. It is compensating for my bad leg. Lately I been using the bicycle at the gym to preehaust my quads and then I'll do either walking dumbell lunges or squats holding a dumbell in each hand. Also something I learned in rehabilitaion for my knee was to flex the hell out of the quad and hold for a few seconds. Doing about 10 reps like this really shocks the quad. That apparently has led to muscle growth. I have to be extremely careful doing legs so this is my workout. I'm not even supposed to work my hams becuase it will pull the surgery out of place. I hope it helps

KenWaller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KenWaller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KenWaller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KenWaller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Imbalance

I got the same problem my man, but it was due to a birth defect. I have come to the realization that it won't change. But here's what I do and here's what u should do:

1 legged leg presses, that will increase strength dramatically
    Barbell Lunges also increase strength all throughout the leg
    1 legged leg extentions, it may help catch your left leg up

Try these out and continue to eat healthy my man and it will grow.

Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the input.