Mike2110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to workout with sloped shoulders?

Im 6" at 185lbs at 10% bf, Ive been working out for a couple yrs now but I see that the bigger I get the more my shoulders look sloped. The medical term for it is "curved clavicles". Its the collarbone thats curved so I know you cant bent the bone but does anyone know any good exercises to atleast help make it look less sloped? I stopped working traps a while ago cuz they were gettin to big ( in my opinion anywys). Does anyone know a good exersise to help build the neck without hitting traps or how to work only the lower traps and not the high traps near the neck.. thanks for any info

mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mAssholio has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    work the rear delt... with exercises like bent over laterals or reverse flys

hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hulkinout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you try to correct your posture when doing upper body work? That might also help if you can keep your shoulders back as much as possible. On moves where your torso is supposed to be upright, you might want to experiment with a very steep (80 degrees or so) incline instead.

Otherwise, I agree with the last poster who advised adding additional rear delt work to help counterbalance you.
    Keep on hulkin'.

I won't quit till no shirt will fit.

porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) porcupinetree is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had the same problem years ago. Sloped shoulders, too much trap development.
    Here is what I did.

Every morning, right when I got up, I would grab a light db, (10-20lbs) and immediately do lying side latterals as strictly as I could. 5 sets, 10 reps with each arm.

Then I'd go to my mirror and do the same with 1 arm side latterals. I did them in front of the mirror to make sure that my traps didn't do any work, not even twitch. I wanted my side and rear delts to do all the work. That's why I used a light db.

I did this every morning for a year. It solved the problem.

iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iKermit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mAssholio View Post
    i'd also include face pulls
    reborn.

New workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173535571

Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000) Andrew69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do a search through Diamondelts posts.
    He had some great posts about exactly what you are talking about and how to work around it to make yourself look wider and minimise the sloped shoulder look.
    You gotta love how sports will f*ck with ya, make you believe you can come back from an insurmountable deficit and then get kicked right in the nuts when you're almost there - Bluntdogg

Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is the OP talking about his shoulders moving forward over time to kinda give the appearance of a hunch back? cuz i think i have the same problem too.
    "ive been working on my biceps with 35pounds with each arm doing 20 reps each, 8 sets and i cant out grow them for some reason? my goal is to do 10 sets so i can out grow them and move on to 36 pounds. am i doing something wrong?"

-7ywan (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3612961)

No_body has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mAssholio View Post
    Also try doing upright rows with a wider grip than usual. That seems to hit those rear delts pretty well.
    "Don't just lift the weights. Let them lift you as well."

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Starz View Post
    is the OP talking about his shoulders moving forward over time to kinda give the appearance of a hunch back? cuz i think i have the same problem too.
    I have that same problem man. I think working the rear delts will help.

Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Starz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i do pendlay rows, which are supposed to work the rear delts a little, i thought. dammit i have to keep adding more stuff to my 5x5 routine.
    "ive been working on my biceps with 35pounds with each arm doing 20 reps each, 8 sets and i cant out grow them for some reason? my goal is to do 10 sets so i can out grow them and move on to 36 pounds. am i doing something wrong?"

xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xsive is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a friend w/ the same problem. It is genetics. there isnt much you can do about it except prioritise your shoulder workout acordingly to balance it more- Front delt raises, side delt raises, shoulder flys, arnold press and strict millitary press should hit the delts pretty good, but like I said (without a pic) I would guess its genetics.
    There is a Replacement for Displacement. - It's called Volumetric Efficiency.

masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) masterjb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I do all the stuff everyone else is saying but I also do smith machine btn press w/o much weight....Just focus on form and try to make the mind muscle connection with your rear delts especially instead of normal military presses....Also overhead shrugs are supposed to be better for poasture than regular shrugs...

whats btn mean?

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whats btn mean?
    Behind the neck.

ahh

sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000) sirwazzles is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Mike2110 View Post
    Im 6" at 185lbs at 10% bf, Ive been working out for a couple yrs now but I see that the bigger I get the more my shoulders look sloped. The medical term for it is "curved clavicles". Its the collarbone thats curved so I know you cant bent the bone but does anyone know any good exercises to atleast help make it look less sloped? I stopped working traps a while ago cuz they were gettin to big ( in my opinion anywys). Does anyone know a good exersise to help build the neck without hitting traps or how to work only the lower traps and not the high traps near the neck.. thanks for any info
    Barbell rows work the lower traps really well for me.
    "Rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. " 1 Timothy 4:7-8

mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mofugger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    does anyone have a picture what someone in question would look like according to the OP.

I'd like to see these sloped shoulders or whatever

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i do pendlay rows, which are supposed to work the rear delts a little, i thought. dammit i have to keep adding more stuff to my 5x5 routine.
    If your developing rounded shoulders which can give you problems down the road, train smarter not harder. Add mobility, stretching and strengthening for the scapular stabilizers. Push ups, pull ups/chins, face pulls, overhead shrugs, overhead squats are all your friends here.

Read these over for more info:
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...dra?id=1426252
    http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do...ydra?id=818555 the first part.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."