Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow How To Get Ripped.

Thought this article would be of help to most of you who are trying to lose some fat:

www.fatlosstips.com
    Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Josh37
    Thought this article would be of help to most of you who are trying to lose some fat:

www.fatlosstips.com
    that article is fckin horrible, sorry to be so blunt, but dayum. that was truly one of the worst.. check out dude's diet:

8 am Whey protein powder, vitamin C (1,000mg)
    9 am Workout
    10:30 am Meal [egg white omlette] with Glutamine, and vitamin C
    1:30 pm Meal 3 [5oz chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice, small salad]
    4:30 pm Meal 4 [snack]
    7:30 pm Meal 5 [6oz of tuna, 1 cup of vegetables]
    10:30 pm Whey protein powder, vitamin C and Glutamine

^^most people who eat like this will lose muscle quicker than they'll lose fat. not good at all. great way to end up losing bone too. that diet is deficient in a grip of macro & micronutrients.

sheesh. i wish amateurs with good intentions & great genetics would not write articles about what has worked for THEM.

*shakes head*

Grazing at the Fina Farm Bouncer79's Avatar
    Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    www.c-k-d.com

A great site for to learn about keto diets.

Registered User Unnamed Soldier's Avatar
    Unnamed Soldier has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon
    that article is fckin horrible, sorry to be so blunt, but dayum. that was truly one of the worst.. check out dude's diet:

9 am Workout

^^most people who eat like this will lose muscle quicker than they'll lose fat. not good at all. great way to end up losing bone too. that diet is deficient in a grip of macro & micronutrients.

sheesh. i wish amateurs with good intentions & great genetics would not write articles about what has worked for THEM.

*shakes head*
    Would you prefer they write something that has NOT worked for them?

Jeesus you're an idiot, what do you want them to write? Something which 'might' work or what they actually do?

Also, that was only a sample diet...Here's what he says to do:

Your diet should create a mild caloric deficit. In other words, your body should burn off more calories than you take in. After your body has used all the food calories for energy, it should (in theory) turn to using your fat cells for energy. However, as I stated earlier regarding fad diets, this is not always the case. Without resistance training to stimulate muscle growth, and diet manipulation to prevent muscle loss, your body will turn to using muscle cells for energy instead of fat cells!

Anyone interested in losing bodyfat, should begin by eating around 10-12x their bodyweight in calories.

Eating six meals each day, weight training and cardio will help to increase your metabolism. Because of this, everyone will have an initial loss of weight, and then the results will begin to taper off after a couple of months. What you must do it stick with the diet and be consistent. The fat will begin to come off again if you do not quit.

After about 6-8 weeks you will have to change your program since your body will have adjusted itself to the calorie levels and it will have also made the diet much less effective by slowing your metabolism. This is where cycling your diet will be beneficial.

Obviously you can't read, because that's what anyone looking to diet SHOULD BE DOING.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Unnamed Soldier
    Would you prefer they write something that has NOT worked for them?

Jeesus you're an idiot, what do you want them to write? Something which 'might' work or what they actually do?

Also, that was only a sample diet...Here's what he says to do:

Your diet should create a mild caloric deficit. In other words, your body should burn off more calories than you take in. After your body has used all the food calories for energy, it should (in theory) turn to using your fat cells for energy. However, as I stated earlier regarding fad diets, this is not always the case. Without resistance training to stimulate muscle growth, and diet manipulation to prevent muscle loss, your body will turn to using muscle cells for energy instead of fat cells!

Anyone interested in losing bodyfat, should begin by eating around 10-12x their bodyweight in calories.

Eating six meals each day, weight training and cardio will help to increase your metabolism. Because of this, everyone will have an initial loss of weight, and then the results will begin to taper off after a couple of months. What you must do it stick with the diet and be consistent. The fat will begin to come off again if you do not quit.

After about 6-8 weeks you will have to change your program since your body will have adjusted itself to the calorie levels and it will have also made the diet much less effective by slowing your metabolism. This is where cycling your diet will be beneficial.

Obviously you can't read, because that's what anyone looking to diet SHOULD BE DOING.
    haha.. whoops, didn't mean to speak badly of your boyfriend, lol.

no need to argue with a genius, have at it kid.

haha.. whoops, didn't mean to speak badly of your boyfriend, lol.

no need to argue with a genius, have at it kid.
    I'd feel compelled to defend myself if I found this even remotely insulting. This is just weak.

I'd feel compelled to defend myself if I found this even remotely insulting. This is just weak.
    i know you are, but what am i?

hey kid, go cool off, have some cheerios, there's enough angst & anger in the world right now.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

9 am Workout

*shakes head*
    The diet is not bad although i'd have more stuff in the AM. Its cutting diet. Besides irt may very well be that the quantity in his protein intake is high. It reminds me of many sports mens diet.

I can post lennox lewis diet when he was training, and if you saw it with knowing it was his. You'd think it was for a complete novice.
    Last edited by teewoods; 01-03-2005 at 10:24 AM.

Originally Posted by teewoods
    The diet is not bad. Its cutting diet. Besides irt may very well be that the quantity in his protein intake is high. It reminds me of many sports mens diet.

I can post lennox lewis diet when he was training, and if you saw it with knowing it was his. You'd think it was for a complete novice.
    nope, it's bad. even for cutting. the macros are misplaced, & it's missing a ton of elements. if a person were bed-ridden, then still, the diet would be questionable. you don't even have to know the specific amounts of the protein to see that this so-called "cutting diet" shouldn't be disseminated as a general diet to adopt - because that's impossible to do since everyone's different.

"i know you are, but what am i?"

I don't know? I didn't 'call' you anything in the post you quoted, so what exactly 'am' I? You yet again make yourself look like a moron...

nope, it's bad. even for cutting. the macros are misplaced, & it's missing a ton of elements. if a person were bed-ridden, then still, the diet would be questionable. you don't even have to know the specific amounts of the protein to see that this so-called "cutting diet" shouldn't be disseminated as a general diet to adopt - because that's impossible to do since everyone's different.
    Wow, everyone's different, never would have guessed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Jeesus, it was just a SAMPLE, not something to live and die upon. And even then, it's not THAT bad. What makes you qualified to judge, anyway? Are you a doctor, or a professional bber? So...what exactly have you achieved that should make us listen to you, rather than this guy? That's what I thought.

I don't know? I didn't 'call' you anything in the post you quoted, so what exactly 'am' I? You yet again make yourself look like a moron...

Wow, everyone's different, never would have guessed. Thanks for pointing that out!

Jeesus, it was just a SAMPLE, not something to live and die upon. And even then, it's not THAT bad. What makes you qualified to judge, anyway? Are you a doctor, or a professional bber? So...what exactly have you achieved that should make us listen to you, rather than this guy? That's what I thought.
    LOL. good thing the majority of us are actually smart enough to know that the nutritional advice of doctors & yes, even professional bodybuilders should be viewed with extreme caution. the former group usually either doesn't or hasn't ever practiced what they preach. the latter group, with few exceptions, looks amazing inspite of what they do - not because of it.

i have nothing to gain by discussing my credentials with you. on the other hand, i gladly hold intelligent conversations with the well-educated/experienced members of this site, who all can appreciate what i have to say, and same with me towards what they have to say. you just sound like a pugnacious, antagonistic newbie who needs a hug & a drink. chill out man, you'll get high blood pressure. you won't have a ripe long life going around like a loose cannon without balls. seriously.

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

alan, is one of the very few people on this board that I would consider "qualified to judge" - If you ask me here is a better article for "rapid fat loss"

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=334453

Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success

LOL. good thing the majority of us are actually smart enough to know that the nutritional advice of doctors & yes, even professional bodybuilders should be viewed with extreme caution. the former group usually either doesn't or hasn't ever practiced what they preach. the latter group, with few exceptions, looks amazing inspite of what they do - not because of it.

i have nothing to gain by discussing my credentials with you. on the other hand, i gladly hold intelligent conversations with the well-educated/experienced members of this site, who all can appreciate what i have to say, and same with me towards what they have to say. you just sound like a pugnacious, antagonistic newbie who needs a hug & a drink. chill out man, you'll get high blood pressure. you won't have a ripe long life going around like a loose cannon without balls. seriously.
    Mmhmm, yes, bull****, more bull****. I didn't expect an actual response dealing with the matters at hand.

Also, rofl @ you thinking you are smarter than doctors and professional bodybuilders. Indeed you have nothing to gain by discussing your credentials, because you have none. LOL.

I don't care what random people over the internet back you up, in my opinion, you're nothing but some idiot who thinks he's smarter than everyone, even doctors and professional bodybuilders regarding nutrition.

johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) johnsbod has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The major thing that would concern me about a diet like that is the lack of carbs, especially pre/post workout. Although there should IMO be more carbs in that workout, the total number is not set in stone. People's bodies respond quite differently to carb intake and the number of carbs consumed needs to fit the individual, just like the rest of the diet.

V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This has been posted before and I have posted this just because I wanted to use this picture that's been cultivating dust on my desktop.
    Attached Images
    Misc Time Lord

Scared of Cottage Cheese such a loser yo's Avatar
    such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) such a loser yo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you're way out of your league, unnamed soldier. alan aragon is probably the most highly-reputed member of the nutrition and losing fat forums.

Originally Posted by such a loser yo
    you're way out of your league, unnamed soldier. alan aragon is probably the most highly-reputed member of the nutrition and losing fat forums.
    Wow, you sure got me there...he's the highest-reputed member of some internet forums...damn, I can't take this any further, you got me. I mean, being popular over the internet is valued much higher than the words of a doctor or professional bber and thus he has the right to bash them all he wants to, right? Idiot...

to all who can see the obvious that's transpiring here, kudos back to you.

read the link that mondesi provided. although quick weight/fat loss is a definite compromise of agenda, that link is a much better bet than the ellis article.

unnamed,

at this point you're still sounding like a highly strung, disgruntled postal worker. i never said i was "smarter" than anyone, don't try to twist my words. actually, i'm a fool for having a conversation with you that lasted beyond one post.. now, scroll up & re-read, i said that we need to be cautious about the advice from those 2 camps, nothing more. there's only a small handful of pro BBrs & doctors who claim to be nutrition "experts", the majority would fully admit that they're not qualified to be dishing out nutritional advice. keep in mind that at this point, i am mainly speaking to the clear-thinking readers of this thread, not you - at least until you lighten up.

to all who can see the obvious that's transpiring here, kudos back to you.

read the link that mondesi provided. although quick weight/fat loss is a definite compromise of agenda, that link is a much better bet than the ellis article.

unnamed,

at this point you're still sounding like a highly strung, disgruntled postal worker. i never said i was "smarter" than anyone, don't try to twist my words. actually, i'm a fool for having a conversation with you that lasted beyond one post.. now, scroll up & re-read, i said that we need to be cautious about the advice from those 2 camps, nothing more. there's only a small handful of pro BBrs & doctors who claim to be nutrition "experts", the majority would fully admit that they're not qualified to be dishing out nutritional advice. keep in mind that at this point, i am mainly speaking to the clear-thinking readers of this thread, not you - at least until you lighten up.
    Yes, and what right do you have to say to be cautious of anyone? You're not a professional bber, nor a doctor. You obviously think you're smarter then them in that aspect since you're saying most don't know what they're talking about or don't practice it, when you don't even have a thousandth of their experience or qualifications on your side. Anyone with intelligence will be more 'cautious' of stuff posted by random people over the internet (you) than a doctor or real-life professional bber.

Yes, and what right do you have to say to be cautious of anyone? You're not a professional bber, nor a doctor. You obviously think you're smarter then them in that aspect since you're saying most don't know what they're talking about or don't practice it, when you don't even have a thousandth of their experience or qualifications on your side. Anyone with intelligence will be more 'cautious' of stuff posted by random people over the internet (you) than a doctor or real-life professional bber.
    *sigh*.. just for your trivial knowledge, i'm transmitting from my full-time private practice. i'm posting on bb.com in between nutritional consultation clients, because i enjoy this site, & i love bodybuilding. my office is in Sports Med, on the 2nd floor of the Spectrum Club, in Thousand Oaks, CA. i am a regular guest lecturer at the Food & Drug Administration, University of California, Irvine, and California State University, Northridge. i spend about half my time consulting with professional & amateur athletes on an individual basis, & the rest giving lectures to physicians (for CME's), registered dietitians (for CEU's accredited by the CDR/ADA), & yes, even personal trainers (i'm an accredited CEU provider by the NSCA, ACE, NASM). i regularly have physicians & college professors in my audiences, because i have more nutrition degrees/field experience than most of them.. but in the end, my favorite sport is bodybuilding, & sports nutrition is my center of interest.. members who know me are rolling their eyes right now saying, "oh there goes alan showing off, while simultaneously owning a newbie" -- well that's true, but i have a genuine love for this game, & i don't crave negativity. to prove it, here's my direct office line: 805-374-1125. give me a holler & we'll talk real bodybuilding, in real time. i have absolutely nothing to hide, & i don't bull**** around or pose as anything or anyone just because it's the internet.
    Last edited by alan aragon; 01-04-2005 at 03:59 PM.

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OWNED

If I call that number to say Hi, will you send me a 500 dollar practice fee to my house? Well, I'm not going to try.

*backs away slowly*
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Originally Posted by skelooth
    OWNED

If I call that number to say Hi, will you send me a 500 dollar practice fee to my house? Well, I'm not going to try.

*backs away slowly*
    LOL.. i'll send it to ryan, the site's owner & have him hunt your address down, haha

skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) skelooth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Arrow

I'm gonna have to pester the bb.com staff anyway.... my calipers broke in under a month.... that's not cool :P And if you send me a 500 dollar bill, there better be a meal plan in there with it lol

back on topic: The best way to get shredded is the new "Carrots and water" diet. Seems like all the ladies are doing it ever since new years.... :\

Hezybaby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile alan aragon help...

Hey im new to this so please dont shout at me anyone...

Right im a 21 year old female student (basically im saying its not practical for me to have a fancy diet...but i do my best)
    I am/used to be a runner then had an operation on my legs last year, I started back in the summer however am not shifting any of the weight I gained from post operation (about 1 stone).
    I asked a friend, and they suggested ultimate burn to help kick start my fat burn - which i have found out is illegal or banned etc.

My point: What would be the next best thing with mind to the facts that im totally healthy and havent ever taken a bad reaction anything in my life.

Thanks everyone x
    Last edited by Hezybaby; 01-04-2005 at 03:33 PM.

V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) V10Kyle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hezybaby

Right im a 21 year old female student (basically im saying its not practical for me to have a fancy diet...but i do my best)
    I am/used to be a runner then had an operation on my legs last year, I started back in the summer however am not shifting any of the weight I gained from post operation (about 1 stone).
    I asked a friend, and they suggested ultimate burn to help kick start my fat burn - which i have found out is illegal or banned etc.

My point: What would be the next best thing with mind to the facts that im totally healthy and havent ever taken a bad reaction anything in my life.

Thanks everyone x

You're best bet to burn that fat? Diet honey, diet. You used to be a runner you said and I'm sorry to hear you're still kinda sidelined from your injury (it's happened to me and my back too, SUCKS ASS!) but if you get a good clean diet going and you do some cardio (as much as you can do without ****ing your leg up too much) you'll get rid of that weight in time. If I could suggest a supplement to aid you, try SAN Tight. It's working great for me right now but pretty much any ephedra free fat burner is gonna have it's limitations compared to the ephedra ones of old. Also, hit those weights up. Lean muscle mass = burning that fat away like that.
    Misc Time Lord

Originally Posted by Hezybaby

Thanks everyone x
    this might not be the stuff you wanna hear, but my advice is to forget "kick starting" your fat loss. slow & steady wins the race. i work with many folks with crunched timeframes because of photo shoots, movie shoots, or public appearances, but the nature of weight rebound is very clearly understood. as a student, you're young & have plenty of time to get into the shape of your life safely while staying healthy & strong. too many folks just yo-yo their weight back as quickly as they got it off. the key is to hold onto your LBM, & even attempt to gain some while you lose the fat. truth be told, i'm not a fan of the chronic use of fat loss supplements. they do have their place for certain programs, but they're only minimally effective compared to your training, nutrition, & recuperation. the largest agent at work when you get on a fat burner is the placebo effect, point blank. first & foremost, get your goals straight with realistic timeframes, then move on from there. i'm going to assume you're in this for permanent results, so you must readjust your mindframe & set realistic goals that set you up for permanent results. anyone can lose fat (i do mean ANYONE), but the real issue is keeping it off. instead of telling you what i think you should eat, start of with these foundational guidelines:

1) let the mirror, clothing, & even unsolicited comments from unbiased sources be your "gold standards" that indicate bodyfat loss. all available means of measuring bodyfat are indirect; they're all just good to not-so-good guesses, period. if you can get a 1-2% drop in BF per month, you should be very happy, because this means you're probably not dieting away your hard-earned beef at the same time.

2) shoot for a drop of 0.5-1 lb/week. yeah, i said it.. that's 2-4 lb/mo; 12-24 lbs in 6mo. the majority of dieters with substantial goals think 2-3lbs per week is a good goal to shoot for. well, it might happen like that initially, but in the end, it's not at all a good benchmark to set your expectations up to; it's these types of expectations that lead to frustration & quitting. if you think 2-4lbs/mo (24-48lbs/yr) is too slow of a loss, good! - that means it's time for you to learn a new skill, which is to build the most vital key to reaching your goals: patience. if you lose more than 1% of your total bodyweight for 2 weeks in a row (after the initial 2-4 week "bloat drop" which tends to be pretty rapid), add calories, 250-500 or so (an extra snack or small meal), back to your daily plan in order to slow things down.

3) know that hunger is a sign to eat. don't deny all of your body's language to your brain. just play it clean for the most part, & pay attention to the previous 2 points.

4) allow yourself regular indulgence. up to 2 cheat meals per week keeps many people sane in their quest. or, you can opt for alloting 10% of your total daily calories to eat whatever on earth you want. it's not a lot of calories, but this tactic removes the unproductive perception of certain foods being "taboo", or "bad", which is not true. it's all relative. extreme dieting = extreme backlash.

5) think in terms of lifestyle & permanence, not a sprint to the finish line. i could be wrong, but you probably spent at least a few months putting on each excess pound of fat on your frame. there's nothing wrong at all with alotting 1-2 weeks to take each pound off. if you think you have more than 25 lbs to lose, i'd set that goal for a year. if you get it in 6 months, that's a bonus.

6) track your dietary intake, exercise output, hunger levels, energy levels, & general internal cues - at least initially - so you can objectively correlate your program with the type of results it's getting you.

to reiterate, these are the general groundwork objectives for taking fat off while keeping &/or gaining muscle. ANYONE can lose fat & muscle simultaneously & quickly -- beaming each week after losing a few pounds -- but guess what happens to 90% of these folks within 2-5 years (& very often much sooner).. yep, it comes back like a boomerang. so for now, let the above points sink in.

mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mondesi02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree, - anyone can be as great as he/she wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the drive you don't need to buy any "fat loss supplements" to achieve your fitness goals.

I did the "slow & steady" approach when I lost my weight (over 100lbs)...I kept most of my muscle & I didn't have any "loose skin".

Good Luck!
    Motivation + Goals + Circumstance = Success

Originally Posted by mondesi02
    I did the "slow & steady" approach when I lost my weight (over 100lbs)...I kept most of my muscle & I didn't have any "loose skin".
    You're lucky :\ I have loose skin on my back and it's disgusting.
    I've gained and lost over 100lbs more times than any man alive should. Do as I say and not as I do.

Hearse Driving Weirdo Psychoholic's Avatar
    Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Psychoholic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mondesi02

Good Luck!
    You're pretty much the poster child for inspiration around here dude.

And Alan, great posts! (especially the owning of the noob).
    ***Georgia Crew***

Training with BBG!

bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bamb00 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the diet alan qouted from anthony ellis is good for a overweight man or woman wanting to lose a few lbs and not interested in trying to retain as mass as possible, you need your starchy carbs. low carb is good for general public, not bodybuilders though.
    instinct >>over>> science
    dont think, feeeeel
    you cant polish a turd, genetics are everything.