I really like pull ups, but I never know how far apart to put my hands. The thing I'm confused about is some say a wider grip focuses more one your lats, while others say you should use a medium width grip with your palms facing you so you can make it easy on the arms and focus on your lats.
So....what's the best and why:
Palms facing AWAY from you:
1. close grip (hands touching)
2. medium grip (about shoulder width)
3. wide grip (almost as far as you can go)
Palms facing you:
4. close grip (hands touching)
5. medium grip (about shoulder width)
6. wide grip (almost as far as you can go)
Thread: Pull up grip width?