• Low reps; 4 - 6

19 19.19%
  • Medium reps; 6 - 12

59 59.60%
  • High reps; 12+

5 5.05%
  • A combination of 2 or more rep ranges

16 16.16%
    Location: Uk, North East....You'll find me in the Freeweights section!!!!
    K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Most productive rep range for Biceps?

Just wondering what rep ranges you guys have found to produce the greatest growth for biceps, i have also started a new thread for Triceps, feel free to comment also.

K9.
    "Everybody want to be a bodybuilder........but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!....Lets go!!! i'll do it though!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Thats about...............15........hundered, thats 35, 45lb plates...so its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Come on diesel, for the Mass!!!" Dorians training partner

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" Albert Einstein.

bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bigpump23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    like Lee Priest says, low reps, high volume
    Chicks dig big calves

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    8-10 range, any more than that and I feel the weight as too light.
    Last edited by GGHT; 01-02-2005 at 10:12 PM.

user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10) user is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GGHT
    8-10 range, any mroe than that and I feel the weight as too light.
    sing it brother

Consistency + Knowledge BodySculpting's Avatar
    BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BodySculpting has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GGHT
    8-10 range, any more than that and I feel the weight as too light.
    definetely....

although I usually stay between 6-10
    "The only way out of hell, is through it. "

tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tAcOsALad has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I dont see what harm it would do to vary the amount of volume and rep ranges you do... if anything, it would be beneficial because you force different muscle types to grow.

theres no real answer to the question because as long put in the time and effort, you'll get the results.... however, thats not to say you can do anything. I think anything more than 20 reps wouldn't produce much growth. I personally use 3 rep ranges depending on how I feel. 4-7; 8-12; 13-20.
    Last edited by tAcOsALad; 01-02-2005 at 10:46 PM.

BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50) BluntStatic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i go up to 7reps but what really works is doing differnt exersizes every once in awhile it really shocks them to grow

BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigLarge is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel that 5-8 works best for me, but will occasionally go up to 10-12 for a change of pace.
    RAW ELITE OR DIE

1603 @ 242, raw (4-16-16)

"You can be 175 pounds SHREDDED, but with a T shirt on you just look like a skinny *******" - Mark Ripptoe

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    how do u guys know what works best?? i find it weird how ppl can know it, u may know a reigme that works but how do u know its the BEST for you? have u tried different rep ranges for say 3months a piece with diet and all being equal and compared the results? doubt it?
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

bigbench31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigbench31 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bigpump23
    like Lee Priest says, low reps, high volume

Lee Priests acually says " Less than 8 reps I feel im not working the muscle enough, more than 8 reps I dont feel Im using enough weight."

Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ricky_k is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister
    how do u guys know what works best?? i find it weird how ppl can know it, u may know a reigme that works but how do u know its the BEST for you? have u tried different rep ranges for say 3months a piece with diet and all being equal and compared the results? doubt it?
    you talk to much, the guy is asking for advice people are giving it to him and your being a smart @rse hey lets not tell the newbies to stick at 8-12 reps or split their workouts etc lets do it your way give them 3 months to find out what is best for them
    duhhhh

tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiny.t will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What sinister was saying is that if you dont try something long enough with the same nviroment you will never know if the results are achieved could have/would have been any better.Another key factor is aswell that if you have been using low rep ranges for a long time (4-8) and you suddenly switch to a high rep range(9-20) then you are going to see results because it is placing the muscle under new stress and targeting the different fibres more.
    I think each rep range has its place,i like to switch it up though,although my preffered range is the 10 to 20 at the moment because i have done low range for so long.
    Why does **** have HIT in it?
    FINALLY LIFTING AGAIN!!!PROPERLY!!!LETS ADD SOME BEEF!!

Location: Uk, North East....You'll find me in the Freeweights section!!!!
    K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10) K9icular is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Guys, some good responses to my question here, but we're going off track a little bit.

I asked for the rep ranges that YOU have found to PRODUCE MOST GROWTH for biceps. Not which rep range is universally accepted as the best, or how you should put your workouts together.

I am by no means a 'Newbie' to Bodybuilding, so i am not asking for advice on the basics, such as which exercises should i use?

I just wanted some PERSONAL OPINIONS on which rep ranges your guys have found to be best for you. Obviously if you havent been training very long, then you probably dont know yet, but for those who have been training for say 5 years +, then you probably do. I personally think that combination of more 2 or more rep ranges has produced the greatest results for me, but my arms are a weak point and so i now turn to others to find out their findings. By posting a POLL here, i can get an idea of what has worked for most, and then perhaps, what works for most will work for me. PERHAPS, not for sure.
    "Everybody want to be a bodybuilder........but dont nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!....Lets go!!! i'll do it though!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Thats about...............15........hundered, thats 35, 45lb plates...so its LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!!" Ronnie Coleman.

"Come on diesel, for the Mass!!!" Dorians training partner

"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious" Albert Einstein.

GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50) GGHT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by K9icular
    Hey Guys, some good responses to my question here, but we're going off track a little bit.

I asked for the rep ranges that YOU have found to PRODUCE MOST GROWTH for biceps. Not which rep range is universally accepted as the best, or how you should put your workouts together.

I am by no means a 'Newbie' to Bodybuilding, so i am not asking for advice on the basics, such as which exercises should i use?

I just wanted some PERSONAL OPINIONS on which rep ranges your guys have found to be best for you. Obviously if you havent been training very long, then you probably dont know yet, but for those who have been training for say 5 years +, then you probably do. I personally think that combination of more 2 or more rep ranges has produced the greatest results for me, but my arms are a weak point and so i now turn to others to find out their
    findings. By posting a POLL here, i can get an idea of what has worked for most, and then perhaps, what works for most will work for me. PERHAPS, not for sure.
    Low reps, say 5-8.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by K9icular
    Just wondering what rep ranges you guys have found to produce the greatest growth for biceps, i have also started a new thread for Triceps, feel free to comment also.

K9.
    There is no doubt that reps must be varied for overall growth. Different aspects of the muscle require different stimulation to grow.

I used to train my bi's heavy all the time, they were strong but not big. Higher reps made them bigger and made the lower reps more effective.

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    Higher reps made them bigger and made the lower reps more effective.
    Interesting point. I tend to go higher reps when using dumbells for some reason.

Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO 6-8 reps failure