Registered User Smoke ManMuscle's Avatar
    Smoke ManMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Glute exercise advice needed

I naturally have a big butt and recently realized that I was only making the problem worse with ATG squats and deadlifts. Not to mention that I've been putting on fat along with the muscle, some of it going directly to the glutes.

I now haven't trained any glute muscles in over a month and they are beginning to slowly shrink down. What I need to know is: Are there any exercises that will just harden the glutes without making the muscles bigger?

It might be great genetics for a female to have a big butt but it sucks for a guy.
    Won't that be grand? Computers and the programs will start thinking and the people will stop.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you'll just have to live with it unless you're going to drop all leg work - all the big stuff (E.g., squatting) plays heavily on glutes.
    <->

Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fluff will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lunges maybe? It's not a big massbuilder, but it will work your glutes.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try some glute-ham raises buddy.

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Smoke ManMuscle
    I naturally have a big butt and recently realized that I was only making the problem worse with ATG squats and deadlifts. Not to mention that I've been putting on fat along with the muscle, some of it going directly to the glutes.

I now haven't trained any glute muscles in over a month and they are beginning to slowly shrink down. What I need to know is: Are there any exercises that will just harden the glutes without making the muscles bigger?

It might be great genetics for a female to have a big butt but it sucks for a guy.
    Advice for people with bodies like yours is to avoid heavy squats and leg presses.

For your leg "mass" exercise try hack squats.

To work your ass without building it, do hyperextensions (full range). Try light lunges to "tone" your glutes without building them.