Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up Mike G's scivation log-let's rock!

Well, everyone. I talked to a good long-distance friend who is a competitive masters' division bodybuilder, and he advised me to stop trying to figure it out on my own, and to find someone to work with who I admired and felt comfortable with. This advice keeps getting confirmed by others, and so I have been looking around for the right people.

I really was impressed by Team Scivation's members, and so I have signed up to be on the team! I am really excited to make this step in my "career" lol. From what I can tell, I am an ole grampa compared to most of you guys, but I can keep up pretty good for a geezer!

I am eagerly awaiting my diet and exercise program from Derek, and am ready to ROCK!

I will try to take some pics with my cell phone tonight, so I can have some before and after pics. I look forward to not being a rudderless ship anymore. I did pretty well, but am ready to get over the hump. I want to see the body I really have the potential for.

For now, if you look at my bodyspace, I am at the weight I was in the 1/30/07 photos. I don't look as good as my avatar right now. That was at 191. Oh well, that's what drifting along with no plan or purpose will do.

Mike
    Last edited by namtrag; 07-25-2007 at 01:01 PM.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) namtrag is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am going to go ahead and post what I have done today, even though I am not on my official progam yet.

Wednesday, cardio only.

On an empty stomach, I did 60 minutes walk on the treadmill at 3.7mph, 4.0 incline. Heart rate in the 115-120 range.

Drove home and ate 6 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 bag of green beans, and 2 slices of double fiber toast, dry.

Also had these "Pills": 1 multivitamin, 1 glucosamine, 1 DHEA, 2 fish oils, and 2 Aleves. The aleves are for my bicep tendinitis in my upper arm where it ties into the shoulder, and for my achy SI joint. I hope to be off the NSAID's soon.

Meal 2 at 11:00am: 2 cups cooked oatmeal, 1 scoop of protein powder mixed in, 2 oz of skim milk to make it so I could swallow the coagulated mess!

Meal 3: can of tuna, bag of broccoli, cup of brown rice. I won't be hungry for a while.

Forgot to take my AA tablets earlier, so I took them at 3:45: 5 MAP tablets

Meal 4: 7 oz grilled chicken breast, serving of seasoned veggies
    Last edited by namtrag; 07-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    Yorkshireman I: Right! I had to get up in the morning, at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill and pay mill-owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves, singing Hallelujah!

On the Road to Shredded Grillrd's Avatar
    Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck man! We will all be here to help you along the way

DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah Namtrag,

You're in good hands with Team Scivation...

Like I tell everyone, if your willing to put in the work, then the boys will guide you in the right direction.

I'll be following.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Yeah, I can't wait to see whether Derek wants me to cut or bulk up and then cut!

I keep trying to lose the fat, but maybe I need to gain the muscle first. It's gonna be interesting to get an honest assessment.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Hey Mike,
    I will have your program to you tomorrow. I got some cool plans in line for you!

soxfan4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good luck with everything Mike! your in good hands!
    Team Scivation

If it's anything like the tortures you have these other guys doing, I can't wait! lol Just don't tell me to eat less and exercise more!!!!

Seriously, I am psyched to finally have long-term plan.

DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats on your decision to throw your hat into the ring! And, 45 years-old is not old! You're no geezer! Its actually cool to see a guy in his 40's carrying the flag and running with it. I'm on-board for the ride and eager to see what changes you make to your physique. Good luck!

Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000) Lando33 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think you have made a wise choice. Best of luck, I will be following your log and your progress closely.

Lift Hard!
    Rob "The Reason" Moran
    Sales Account Representative
    Scivation, Inc
    WNBF Professional Natural Bodybuilder

Become a Fan of Scivation: http://www.********.com/pages/SciVation/159679338681

www.scivation.com
    www.primaforce.com

Questions? E-mail me at rob@scivation.com

Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Surive123 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Subb'd, i'm in for the ride
    VPX Sports Representative
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm

yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10) yioti is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    45 aint old at all man. props to ya and GL

Meal 5: 2 scoops of egg protein in ice and water in blender

2 more fish oil capsules

Total: 1858
    Fat: 23 210 12%
    Carbs: 167 551 31%
    Fiber: 29 0 0%
    Protein: 252 1010 57%

This is pretty much a typical day for me, at least for the past 2-3 weeks, still not losing much weight.

Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Grillrd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by namtrag View Post
    Meal 5: 2 scoops of egg protein in ice and water in blender

2 more fish oil capsules

Total: 1858
    Fat: 23 210 12%
    Carbs: 167 551 31%
    Fiber: 29 0 0%
    Protein: 252 1010 57%

This is pretty much a typical day for me, at least for the past 2-3 weeks, still not losing much weight.
    Team Scivation is gonna change your last sentence

Yup, I can't wait to get this lard off! I really like the way I am looking except the flat tire around the middle. It ain't gonna beat me.

well tomorrow your tire iron should arrive from Beast and you can take that flat off and put on some slicks!

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great choice! Get ready for the ride of your life!!
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000) billfinkbiner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it's anything like the tortures you have these other guys doing, I can't wait! lol Just don't tell me to eat less and exercise more!!!!

Seriously, I am psyched to finally have long-term plan.
    Great descision signing up with the team. It honestly changed my life.

And don't worry all Team Scivation diets have you eating a lot. Just the right foods at the right times.

If you stay focused on Derek's plan, you'll be amazed at the results.
    He who argues for his limitations gets to keep them.

Yeah, I just got the plan. The lifting isn't a lot different than what I am used to, but the diet says 3000 calories a day. I emailed Derek just to make sure he gave me a "cut" diet. I would have guessed 3000 for a bulking diet...lol, not that I am complaining or anything!

Anyway, Tuesdays and Thursdays I lift with a group of 40ish guys at my chiropractor's office. We do pushing on Tu, pulling on Thurs. We always do one or two leg exercises each day as well. Derek has been kind enough to work around this group, it has a couple of my clients in it, and really isn't possible for me to stop going due to political reasons.

Today, I got up and had 2 scoops of whey in water about an hour before the workout. Then I took 1.5 scoops of VasoExplode about 30 minutes before. At the workout I drank 6 scoops of Xtend while we lifted. I definitely noticed a lot less fatigue and I also felt stronger (if that makes sense), although I did not feel any of the rush, or tingling others have reported from the VasoExplode.

Our workout was as follows:

Stretching, and 50 pushups to get the blood flowing.

Bench step ups: we do these as follows: Stand perpendicular to the bench, put one foot on the bench, holding a 70lb db on that thigh (you are facing longways on the bench). Push off with foot that is on the floor, and stand up until the leg on the bench is straight. Repeat 25 times, and then switch legs. It is a great exercise I have never seen anyone else do. We did 3 sets of 25 on each leg.

Then we did db alternating curls 3x12, cable curls 3x15 with EZ bar, cable curls with straight bar 3x15, in a rotation.

Then we did front pulldowns, seated rows and rear pulldowns, 3 sets of 15 with each in a rotation. The seated and rear pulls were pretty easy, his cable crossover isn't the greatest, so we concentrated on form.

Then we did shrugs using a diamond bar, 3 sets of 30 at 215lbs.

Finished up with crunches on decline bench holding a 45lb plate on my stomach: 3 sets of 50.

For fun, since I still felt really fresh, I did a farmers walk with two big paint pails filled with concrete, about 80lbs each. I walked about 125 feet before I had to put them down.

After the workout, I felt great, no fatigue whatsoever, I had another scoop of Xtend in water.

Went home for meal 2 and had 8 scrambled egg whites, 2 cups of microwave green beans with mustard, and 2 slices of double fiber toast.

When I got to work, Derek's program was waiting in my email. I have to make a list and go shopping today to stock up on all the items.

I am ready to rock and roll tomorrow morning!
    Last edited by namtrag; 07-26-2007 at 09:25 AM.

my current fat self

Here are a couple of my pics, I am not looking too good right now. This is at exactly 200 lbs.
    Attached Images

DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DJINN is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get ready for a wild ride and a crazy transformation! The pics you posted will soon be the old (and no, this is not a reference to age) you! There is a lean, mean machine inside you just waiting to be released...now is the time to get busy!

Thanks, Djinn!

My standards are a lot higher than they used to be. I look at these current pics, and it pisses me off that I look that bad.

Then I look at my pics at 237.5lbs, and realize that I have come a long way.

Meal 3 today was 8 oz of chicken breast, and a bag of birdseye steamfresh broccoli carrots, snow peas, and water chestnuts.

I am looking over the diet while I eat, and I really have to go shopping before I can do it. I don't have a lot of the stuff like almonds, or citrus fruits.

It looks like a big change will be in the amount of fat I will be taking in, plus the starchy carbs like brown rice will be going bye bye except on refeed.

Here are my macros so far today on my last day of my old diet:

1043 calories, 160 p, 89 c, and 9 f. This is after 3 meals.

I love broccoli and green beans, so that will be easy.

DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DJV81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Meal 3 today was 8 oz of chicken breast, and a bag of birdseye steamfresh broccoli carrots, snow peas, and water chestnuts.

I am looking over the diet while I eat, and I really have to go shopping before I can do it. I don't have a lot of the stuff like almonds, or citrus fruits.

It looks like a big change will be in the amount of fat I will be taking in, plus the starchy carbs like brown rice will be going bye bye except on refeed.

Here are my macros so far today on my last day of my old diet:

1043 calories, 160 p, 89 c, and 9 f. This is after 3 meals.

I love broccoli and green beans, so that will be easy.
    Namtrag,

I'm assuming your following the Cut Diet, so you can take ALL of your starchy carbs and throw them in the trash. While at first glance that seems absolutely insane, its not. I've literally been on this diet for over 16 weeks, my weight has decreased by nearly 20 lbs. and my strength levels are pretty much on par with what they were in the beginning.

Most importantly though, I'm not miserable without the starchy carbs. Don't get me wrong, would I love to have a whole wheat pancake every now and then...hell yeah, but the urge isn't overwhelming.

For me, the natty peanut butter is my secret weapon, I am absolutely addicted. I can't eat whole almonds, so all of my fat comes from the natty pb.

So, while at first the change may seem drastic, the shear volume of "clean" foods you'll be consuming is more than enough to keep you satisfied...not to mention making you one lean MF'er.
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

Yeah, I don't eat a lot of starchy carbs, probably 1-2 cups of brown rice or oatmeal a day. It's not a big deal to cut them out though, I still get a refeed every few days!

Yeah, I don't eat a lot of starchy carbs, probably 1-2 cups of brown rice or oatmeal a day. It's not a big deal to cut them out though, I still get a refeed every few days!
    Wait till you have the refeed too, talk about stuffed
    Team Klemczewski

www.dietdoc.com

These are my stats as of Tuesday, so I can look back and see how far I came with the Team. I hope to move 6 inches from my waist up to my chest lol

Weight: 200lbs
    Neck: 16 5/8
    Shoulders: 49
    Chest: 42 5/8
    Waist at navel: 37 3/4
    Upper leg: 24 1/4
    Calf flexed: 16 1/2
    Biceps flexed: 15 5/8

Derek says I could compete in 16-20 weeks, and there is a show on Dec 1, which is 17 weeks out, in Petersburg, VA (near Richmond) called the NPA Tri Cities. Now I just have to decide whether I want to do it enough to buckle down! Any comments?

I want to get up on stage but I am scared too. My rationalizing is that I could use the time to get in better shape and try to build some mass, then compete next spring. Or is that just an excuse not to do a show this fall?

Meal 4: not scivationish, but I have to go shopping before I make the switch.

2 scoops Matrix orange protein powder, ice and water in blender. 1 cup of brown rice

After 4 meals, I am not even halfway to 3000.

1483 cal 16f 135c 212p
    Last edited by namtrag; 07-26-2007 at 12:55 PM.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i just saw your pictures, and you can deffinetely see the underlying muscle. keep at it.