Tony Soprano Stunt Double philemon666's Avatar
    philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

(Yet) another transformation thread!!

Hi Guys

Hope I don't bore you with setting up a new thread to report my progress, but like Skelooth and the others I hope to give a little insight to the pains of losing some of that ugly fat!!

A bit of info first:

Haven't worked out for nearly 12 months, had a few problems that took me away from the gym - poor excuse but these things happen!! I would consider myself reasonably knowledgeable on general nutrition / exercise stuff (but open to suggestions on anything I may be doing wrong).

Anyway, 12 months not exercising, eating sh!t and not having good genes has resulted in some excess baggage appearing, so after returning to these boards I have found the motivation and inspiration to make some wholesale changes.

First of all I've invested in a decent treadmill (debt is better than a heart attack!), a weights bench and some free weights (80llb+). I'm gonna try to get down the gym at least once a week (do legs and back probably), but sharing a car with my wife and living a good distance from work, may cause problems.

My stats:

6ft 1" tall (73"), 30yro, 265llbs, not sure of exact bf though I would guesstimate it at 35%

Training:

Cardio: I'm gonna probably go 65% - 75% max HR (30-40 mins) on treadmill for 4-6 weeks followed by HIIT for up to 17-20mins. Will do cardio 4x a week.

Weights: Possibly go for 6 sets of 6-8 reps for each bodypart, 3 bodyparts max per session 2 - 3x a week. I will also be trying to reduce rest between sets to eventually settle at 30secs.

I'm fairly tempted to go for the "Body 4 Life " routine for 12 weeks as I've had moderately good success when I tried it 5 years ago, only exception will be eating b4 ans after cardio and not waiting an hour or whatever.

Nutrition:

Ah, bit of a grey area, I will be eating 5-6 times a day, measuring fist size portions, obviously I will be avoiding greasy foods like the plague. I will limit myself to no more than 2 slices of Wholewheat bread a day, however I hate veg with a vengeance, so will eat a lot of oats to get my fibre.

I will have a cheat day on a Saturday, purely for my own sanity - I will still bear caution to excesses though.

Supps:

Having spent 1000's over the years on worthless supps, my pockets now rule my decision making so will be sticking to the basics.

2x MRP a day, possibly when I am at work - will mix oatmeal with these shakes.

Whey and a dextrose shake PWO

Multi-vitamin

Green Tea (for Fat Burning)

Flax Seed Oil

Lipo 6 Fatburner (I have a shed load of this b4 it got banned - hope it's still in date!)

Well I think that's it folks - oh I will consciously cut my beer intake also!!

I've got a decent digital camera, so will take some "beginning" pics as a start reference.

Hopefully I will find the same motivation as others have from this board.
    Last edited by philemon666; 01-01-2005 at 03:39 PM.

philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) philemon666 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Phew! First week out of the way!

First of all - thanks to you guys who PM'ed me with words of encouragement.

Well the 1st week of the fat loss journey comes to an end. I wanna point out a typo to the above post, ever the optimist I put down I was 265llbs, I was in fact 267llbs!

Progress - Week 1

3lbs lost. -1% BF

- initially I was disappointed with this, I thought being the 1st week I might have lost an additional few pounds excess water. But any loss is better than no loss. What makes me feel like I made progress (apart from the weight loss) was that my arms, shoulders and chest feel noticably firmer, to the untrained eye however I'm still a fat dude but the lifting has had some impact.

My cardio has been about as intense as a guy who hasn't exercised for over 9 months could be, I've done 4 cardio sessions on the treadmill. This has consisted of walking for 2 mins and gradually building up speed over a 5 min period before knocking speed back down again and repeating - kinda like the BFL routine, I find this effective, certainly in the short term to build stamina.

I've squeezed in 2 days of lifting, training biceps, triceps and shoulders together one day, then chest and back the other. Where are legs I hear you say? The cardio is pretty much blitzing my legs at the mo, feel like they are getting a decent enough workout for the time being, will add legs in a little later.

Nutrition is a bugger!! I feel like my diet is OK, I'm eating the right stuff, but struggling to get 5/6 meals in a day (exc PWO), the damned Lipo 6 is really suppressing my appetite! As a result of this I'm probably not eating enough calories and my ratios are no doubt off. I really need to find the energy to plan everything to a tee. I regard myself as fairly clued up over nutrition but it never ceases to amaze me how much work is involved, it sure was easier sticking a cheeseburger and fries in the oven!!

Another tough week coming up, I'm sure it will become easier over time, my first big test is this Saturday when I go to the Velvet Revolver gig at my local arena, my friends will be wanting to drink beer all day before the band come on - a tough one.

I feel I have definitely made the right choice changing my lifestyle, hopefully in the summer I will be able to find some tee-shirts that fit me that aren't BB.com ones!

Thanks for your support.

PS I will post some Pics in the coming month/s, when I feel a comparison can be made and not just a picture of a fat guy with a pair of shorts. Cheers!
    Cutting Progress.

04/01 - 267........16/02 - 257
    11/01 - 264........23/02 - 255
    20/01 - 262........03/03 - 255
    27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

[url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=382228[/url]

Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing the body for life plan for the second time. I think it might be good for you to try again. My first successful completion was about 65lbs of fat loss and 15 lbs of muscle gain. I did well for about a year and a half, then got depressed and gained 30lbs back, so I started again! The first week alone I lost 10lbs so I know that I'm on the right path. I p[lan on losing about 40 more pounds to get to 7-8% body fat. I wish you the best of luck and keep me posted on your progress.

PS
    I'm 6' 1/2" and weight 235.
    My first bfl challenge I was 260 and went down to 210.
    Success is peace of mind, a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming, and not just in a physical way: seek ye first the kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be yours as well.

It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it.

John Wooden

Jees man!! That's good progress on the BFL! Hopefully you'll see similar results this time around.

I found the BFL to be a good system, fairly easy to understand and follow. Can't remember the progress I made as it was a long time ago though I remember I did drop a few clothes sizes.

It's maybes something I will look into doing sometime in the foreseable future.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

monkeynuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi new to this board - so hi all!!

Keep it up philemon, the hard work will be worth it!!

Thanks for the feedback Monkeynuts - and welcome to the board!! Some cool guys posting excellent info.

Are you looking at cutting?
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

Well the fat loss journey rolls on!

Been a tough week, had a bit of a cold bug for a couple of days that affected my training somewhat and also went out drinking on Saturday as I was out at a gig.

With that in mind I expected to either maintain weight or worse case scenerio put on a little of what I lost.

Good news is that 2lb lost!! Fantastic couldn't believe it. My scales keep churning out dodgy BF percentages so I'm gonna wait a few more weeks and consider getting a professional to measure up. I think my diet has bailed me out this week, apart from the drink binge on Saturday, my diet has been spot on.

Hope you guys still view my post with interest. Keep up the hard work on your own routines guys!!
    Last edited by philemon666; 01-20-2005 at 01:25 PM.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10) MC26VA is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Philemon,
    Haven't seen an update in a while...are things still rolling along? Hope all is well, update the thread dude...even if ppl don't respond do it for yourself.

-Mike
    ----\ www.givelife.org /----

My Weight loss Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293305

My Workout Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=4232021

Forgive the Past, Live for Today, Dream of the Future

What The Bleep Do We Know?

Hey Up MC26VA - thanks for asking mate.

Yeah been pretty tied up with work commitments that haven't been able to surf. Made a little progress last week (weigh in 27th January), another 2lbs lost - which is obviously cool!!

Going to Nice in France for a week tomorrow (31st) so expecting bad things for my diet and training, this has been planned since Christmas as it was a present from my wife, so in some ways I've been looking forward to the break but in other ways I've been like - ****, this is gonna wreck my routine! Nevertheless I'm gonna enjoy the week but remain sensible (I hope!).

Will report back afterwards.

Cya.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

Well just returned from a trip to the south of France and as the signature says - just 1lb loss in nearly 2 weeks.

I can't complain really, I always knew a week's holiday was gonna be hard, as it happens I didn't drink as much alcohol as I expected due to the price being really expensive, but the food let me down.........

Feeling a little ****ty at the mo with having (another) cold and this is affecting my training since I got back, with only 1 lifting and 1 cardio session in 5 days, I figured I'll just ride the cold out first and dive back into it when 100%

A detour taken on the road to success I suppose, I've booked to go to Toronto for a wedding end of August so I've set myself a realistic target of 30lb fat loss, any more then that's a bonus!

Well nothing much else to report except France was unusually warm for February and the French can't drive for toffee!!

Later guys.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Johnbe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    welcome back!
    Success is peace of mind, a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming, and not just in a physical way: seek ye first the kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be yours as well.

John Wooden

Hi Guys

A quick update this week, thrown myself back into training after suffering a minor setback with cold last week.

Results seem to have paid off, 2lb loss this week. Quite happy with that.

Cya.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

Hi Guys

Well another 2lb loss this week, it's been so damn cold here that doing a frentic cardio session is the only way to keep warm!!

Had a fair bit of snow here as well, shovelling snow off my driveway for 10 mins a day is a damn good workout I can tell you - my lower back is blitzed! Wonder how many calories burned? Lol.

Think I may have overdone the Lipo 6 this week, been having some minor heart palpatations - anyone else experienced this on the Ephedrine version?

cya.
    Cutting Progress.

27/01 - 260
    09/02 - 259

Check my progress.

Make sure you get equal work on each side of the body while shoveling snow

John Wooden