jdm001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Load Phase BS?

I went to get a powder of creatine to get started, a friend gave me chewable tablets that I plan to use after the load phase, but I wanted a powder so I wouldn't need to take 20 tablets the first 4 days.

When I asked at 2 places (GNC, the other was Attilios a smaller chain) both people I asked thought that it was a waste to load. They sort of said that they thought it was a way for the manufacturer to get you to use up the product quicker. Bullsh*t?

From what I read you need to saturate the muscles w/ the creatine the first week, whitch makes sense. Then again, I do believe that the supp companies lie out their ass to profit and maybe it is BS.

Any help?

rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50) rip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nah, you don't need to load when taking creatine, although most would recommend it.

Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Machine is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why load if it is unnecessary?
    People who go around pretending to know everything are annoying those of us who really do.

jdm001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

so what do you do?

Take it pre workout? take the 5-10g a day? I don't know which now.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Listen, take 20g a day for the first 5 days in 4 5g doses. Then use a maintenance dose of 5g 2X daily. On workout days make sure to take 1 of your doses immediately after you lift weights. Creatine is cheap, real cheap, so just load, it can only help.

William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Loading is not necessary, but most reliable sources I know of suggest it for optimal results. I'll bump on Manteca's post; that is, it couldn't hurt. I followed Big Cat's advice and loaded 7g x 3 /day for 5 days and now maintain using 5g x 2 /day.

Check out Big Cat's articles on creatine for more about serving sizes and loading, etc.:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catcrea.htm

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catupdate.htm

Also, Joe Hagy has a good article on the subject:

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/hagy2.htm

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally posted by Machine
    Why load if it is unnecessary?
    Faster absorption of the creatine into the muscle, easier way to establish an overload. In simple terms, gains come quicker when you load.