djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

squat with something under your heels?

when i was at the gym some bodybuilder said that she noticed when i squat i lean to far forward and to put something under my heels. anyone do this?
    does it make a difference?
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rachel_n_SD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    when i was at the gym some bodybuilder said that she noticed when i squat i lean to far forward and to put something under my heels. anyone do this?
    does it make a difference?
    yeah, it helps you increase your depth, it works too, but beware-you get used to it and then later can't achieve proper depth unless you put something under your heels. thats what happened to me at least.

Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50) Leenad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's supposed to make it easier to get low, but it should only be a temporary thing and you should progress to less and less height.

AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexD3891 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did it for awhile to increase depth while my hams got more flexible, but having weaned myself off of putting plates under my heels I am much happier. I get well below parallel and have seen wonderful results. Try practicing weightless squats (basically deep knee bends) at home but stay in the hole for a really long time (15-20 secs) with your back erect, your heels down and your thighs below parallel. Put your hands on a chair for balance at first to get used to putting your weight over the middle of your foot and then let go of the chair and hold that position for the aforementioned amount of time. This will give a feel for being "in the hole" so you'll know what your depth should be next time you squat. Hope this helps. Happy squatting.
    Bonecrshr #9

"Do or do not. There is no try."
    -Yoda

I will rep you back if you send me a pm with a link to a post in it (yes lazy).

olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) olinerules87 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rachel_n_SD View Post
    yeah, it helps you increase your depth, it works too, but beware-you get used to it and then later can't achieve proper depth unless you put something under your heels. thats what happened to me at least.
    ^what he said

edit: what she said.

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    buying olympic lifting shoes (with a built in raised heel) a far more convenient, did worlds for my deph, and all teh low squatting I did in the shoes really helped my flexibility out of the shoes, I believe they're a worthwhile investement.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel