Sparhawk44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sparhawk44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a basic rutine for a 15 year old girl

HI everyone, my daughter has started to show an intrest in the gym, so I got her a membership at mine. Problem is I have no idea of how to get her started. She is 15 and wants to firm up and get in condition. Does anyone have some advice and maybe a basic rutine to get her started?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

"Life is like a dog-sled team. If you aren't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ----Unknown

BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't know how many girls there are in this forum that can actually help...Guys won't do too much unless they know a lot

Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why should a girl's routine be that much different from a guy's?

We all have the same muscles, after all.

Just vary the sets and reps... Splits and exercises should be about the same, no?

BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Really lol nice mom
    Mine isn't so nice..

Sparhawk44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sparhawk44 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shion
    Why should a girl's routine be that much different from a guy's?

We all have the same muscles, after all.

Just vary the sets and reps... Splits and exercises should be about the same, no?
    That was my first instink too, but I train pretty hard and I dont want to push her to the point that she gets so sore that she looses intrest, yet can still see results from her efforts.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

"Life is like a dog-sled team. If you aren't the lead dog, the scenery never changes. ----Unknown

<^>(o_0)<^> has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sparhawk44
    LMAO, I tried to be a little more delicate then that but yes I have strated her there.
    Good job. You cant cut your kids any slack or else they will grow up to be obese and die of hear disease and other problems due to obesity.

ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ua94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sparhawk44
    That was my first instink too, but I train pretty hard and I dont want to push her to the point that she gets so sore that she looses intrest, yet can still see results from her efforts.
    just drag her along until she starts gaining interest, it should come quickly.

i had a love/hate relationship with working out when i first started, then when i started seeing visual results, the love went up and the hate went down. might work on her too, give it a shot.
    "Blank expression. Deer caught in the headlights. Ronnie Coleman doing trigonometry."

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Start training her just like a male. First I would get her into a 3 day split or a full body program 3 times a week just to get a feel for lifting weights and maybe 1 or 2 cardio sessions.

Not flaming, but there is not such thing as tone. Tone is just a combination of low bf and some muscle. If you want her to 'tone up' I would get her onto a cutting regime ASAP.

basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000) basketballer756 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you dont want her sore dont let her workout. the sorness is not enough to make he want to quit i wouldnt think.

Slooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    alot of cardio like treadmill, seated bike, and the like.....any ab routine should be good, and more reps less weight if she wants to firm up but not get really big

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    first of all...what are her stats???

i started training at a gym at 16. i went through a lot of mistakes because i didn't know better. tell her to get on bb.com and read the articles. it took me half a year to fix my mistakes. what a waste of time i spent.

DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aprilai
    first of all...what are her stats???

i started training at a gym at 16. i went through a lot of mistakes because i didn't know better. tell her to get on bb.com and read the articles. it took me half a year to fix my mistakes. what a waste of time i spent.
    What mistakes did it take you half a year to fix?

John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Damn, the mods deleted half the replies to this thread.

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ive got to say Well Done, for getting your daughter in the gym. As you may know, the growing porblem of obesity is worrying and getting your daughter into shape will raise her self-esteem too.

First of all, i would sit her down and ask what her goal is. I would also get her to look through previous "Fitness Competitors of The Week" and sk her what kind of "Image" she is aiming for.

http://www.bodybuilders.com/fitness.htm
    http://www.bodybuilders.com/pastfit.htm

Also

I would look at a few "womens articles" in the article database. They will really help you out.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...FemaleTraining
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...e=TeenTraining

This one is specifically beneficial to your situation.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ripple11.htm

heres a little "peice" on goal setting i think is very important.

In bodybuilding unlike a lot of sports you need to make a set of goals for you to work towards. The goals can be daily, weekly, monthly, yearly or even over a long long period of time. The thing is that without goals you have nothing to work towards and your hours and hours in the gym start to make you wonder why you are doing what you are doing. Whether the goal be to improve the size of certain body part, lose fat, get as huge as you can possibly get yourself, a contest, or just developing a good physique a goal is the fundamental and most basic aspect to bodybuilding. For example I set myself up daily, weekly, monthly and over a long period of time with certain goals. My daily goals are what I want to achieve in the gym on the particular day, my weekly one my be trying new exercises or supplements, monthly one might be an increase in size and over the long term my goals are to compete in and win as many competitions I can, keeping the best possible physique I can over both the off and the on season. Yours will almost definitely be different to mine, that's just the way it is. It's a personal choice, don't make goals that you can't achieve and don't make goals that you don't want to achieve and just say you do because your workout partner wants to...
    I suggest you write them all down though and revise them weekly. The best thing to do is go out and buy a huge diary like book with all the days of the year. And keep your goals in there, revising and changing them as you progress.

Make some good, achievable goals.

If she need to lose some pounds, i would definetly look up HIT. And DEFINETLY get her into a good diet. Do NOT starve her .

Good luck.
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes! The articles found here are great! They really help! We must read, fully understand and do it well. And we will see results!

aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50) aprilai will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DanSM
    What mistakes did it take you half a year to fix?
    1. i ran 2-5 miles everyday for 3 months. 2-3 miles in the morning, and 2-3 miles in evening. no rest.

2. didn't eat after a workout because i didn't feel hungry. i only drank water afterwards.

3. full body workouts 4-5x a week for 2 months

4. 15-20 min. 'warm ups'

5. ate ANYTHING i wanted. i justified this by telling myself that i work out, so eating anything i wanted was something i deserved. thank god i didn't have many food cravings at that time.

6. didn't get enough protein. my diet consisted of primarily carbohydrates. i didn't know what protein was for. i just continued to eat my normal asian lifestyle (we eat mostly rice and vegetables and not a lot of meat)

7. when i did start getting online and read some fitness and health articles, i found out that i was supposed to have a post workout meal. i thought they meant a postworkout 'snack' instead. so i just ate a banana or a granola bar afterwards. i did this for a period of 3-4 months.

8. didn't count my reps or sets. when i weight lifted, i just lift the weights instead of paying attention to how many i was doing.

9. did 10-20min. crunches every other day.

10. ignored the torn ligament in my right knee until 2 months ago.

as you can see here, i really screwed up for the first 6 months. thank god that i actually get my butt online, read articles and learn now.
    Last edited by aprilai; 12-31-2004 at 09:21 AM.

DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanSM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ive always worked out at home so I made a lot of mistakes too, when I first started I was doing about 50 reps per set on bench press lol. I dont see why some of yours are actually mistakes though, I mean whats wrong with 10-20min. crunches every other day? And I know your supposed to eat after a workout but does it really make that much of difference?

The Smith Machine Sucks Ravenous_T's Avatar
    Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DanSM
    Ive always worked out at home so I made a lot of mistakes too, when I first started I was doing about 50 reps per set on bench press lol. I dont see why some of yours are actually mistakes though, I mean whats wrong with 10-20min. crunches every other day? And I know your supposed to eat after a workout but does it really make that much of difference?

You don't need to work your abs that much to see results, plain and simple.

Post workout, it's very important to get in some fast absorbing protein to prevent muscle catabolism.
    Looking for a Dating Service?
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books:
    http://www.personalsguide.net/dating_and_sex_books/index.htm

Originally Posted by Ravenous_T
    You don't need to work your abs that much to see results, plain and simple.

Post workout, it's very important to get in some fast absorbing protein to prevent muscle catabolism.
    yes, i've finally got into my head that more is not always better.

i see more results in my energy levels, fitness ability and muscle appearance in this past one and a half month from eating carbs and protein within 30 mins after my workout than the 6 months altogether.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would seriously suggest that if you want her to workout, learn about working out and keep interested at 15 then you can't start her out full go. I would suggest starting her out on 1 of the 2 following programs.

Go to gym and do 10 min warmup (cardio) M-W-F

week 1- M- lower body W- upper body and F- lower body
    week 2- M- upper body W- lower body and F- upper body

finish up with 20-30 min. cardio

Or

M W F full body circuit training (just to learn form) do this for a month and see how she likes it. If she likes it then have her do your program but obviously lower weight. Also do a warm up and do cardio afterwards.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aprilai
    yes, i've finally got into my head that more is not always better.

i see more results in my energy levels, fitness ability and muscle appearance in this past one and a half month from eating carbs and protein within 30 mins after my workout than the 6 months altogether.
    Damn Im screwed, I always work out right before I go to bed coz it helps me sleep Ill give it a try though, thx for the advice.

StoneAngel337 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i will post the routine that the trainer at my gym usually (if not always) gives to girls when they first come in. It is a three day split, pretty basic, but later on u can change it up as much as you like...usually for me thats about every 4 months or so, so i don't get bored and so i can work on new goals ect...Girls usually go with less weight for more reps because well, they are girls. I soon found out i would much rather be doing what the guys were doing, so i kept adding weight and decreasing my reps...but it's a personal preference i guess. So here was what my first month looked like:

chest/back day
    flat bench d-bell 3x12 25 lbs
    incline d-bell 3x10 20lbs
    flat flyes 3x10 15 lbs
    pec deck 3x12 30lbs
    pullovers d-bell 3x10 30lbs
    chin ups variations 9x10
    lat pulldowns 3x12 40lbs
    d-bell rows 3x12 30 lbs
    hyperextensions
    hip extensions

leg day
    hip sled variations 9x10 100lbs--185lbs
    squats (i was advised to use NO weights to get the form down)
    lunges 3x10 15 lbs
    hip flexers 3x10
    leg curls 3x12 40lbs
    leg extensions 3x12 50lbs
    calf raises 3x12 100 lbs
    shin/heel raises 3x10 115lbs

arm day
    d-bell press 3x12 20lbs
    front raises 3x12 15 lbs
    lat raises 3x12 10lbs
    bent over raises 3x12 15lbs
    bench pushups 3x12 (no weight once again...)
    one arm overheads 3x12 15lbs
    alternating arm curl 3x12 20lbs

After my lifting i usually did 15-30 minutes of abs and 30-1 hour of cardio either on the treadmill or around town. Like i said, this is just what i've seen, i'm not an expert or anything, so others may tell u different. It would also help to know what ur daughters body type is and fitness level...things like that. As for diet, the biggest thing I did was added more protein and fiber, less sugar, salt, fat. Especially soda and fast food. those are killers. Starting out i didn't buy much as far as supps go...just some whey protein and i would grab a detour bar for snacks.
    ~Pain feels so much better than guilt~
    (Russell Athletic ad)

~I need that, uh, to get me off. Sweat until my clothes come off~

Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ravenous_T has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StoneAngel337
    well i will post the routine that the trainer at my gym usually (if not always) gives to girls when they first come in. It is a three day split, pretty basic, but later on u can change it up as much as you like...usually for me thats about every 4 months or so, so i don't get bored and so i can work on new goals ect...Girls usually go with less weight for more reps because well, they are girls. !!!BULL****!!!! WOMEN SHOULD LIFT JUST AS HEAVY AS MEN. THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST COP OUT I HAVE EVER SEEN. I soon found out i would much rather be doing what the guys were doing, so i kept adding weight and decreasing my reps...but it's a personal preference i guess. So here was what my first month looked like:

chest/back day
    flat bench d-bell 3x12 25 lbs
    incline d-bell 3x10 20lbs
    flat flyes 3x10 15 lbs
    pec deck 3x12 30lbs
    pullovers d-bell 3x10 30lbs
    chin ups variations 9x10
    lat pulldowns 3x12 40lbs
    d-bell rows 3x12 30 lbs
    hyperextensions
    hip extensions

REPS ARE TOO HIGH- WEIGHT IS TOO LIGHT.
    WHERE ARE YOUR DEADLIFTS? TOO MUCH VOLUME FOR TWO LARGE BODY PARTS. YOU NEED TO LIFT HEAVY AND CUT DOWN ON USLESS EXERCISES.

leg day
    hip sled variations 9x10 100lbs--185lbs
    squats (i was advised to use NO weights to get the form down)
    lunges 3x10 15 lbs
    hip flexers 3x10
    leg curls 3x12 40lbs
    leg extensions 3x12 50lbs
    calf raises 3x12 100 lbs
    shin/heel raises 3x10 115lbs

DO NOT DO THE SLED BEFORE SQUATS. SQUATS SHOULD THE FOCAL POINT ON LEG DAY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THE SLED OR ADDUCTOR/ABDUCTOR MACHINE. THIS WORKOUT HAS WAY TOO MUCH VOLUME ON CRAPPY MACHINES. YOU WILL NOT GET GOOD RESULTS WITH THIS. IF YOU CANNOT SQUAT PROPERLY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING ANY OTHER LOWER BODY MACHINES.

arm day
    d-bell press 3x12 20lbs
    front raises 3x12 15 lbs
    lat raises 3x12 10lbs
    bent over raises 3x12 15lbs
    bench pushups 3x12 (no weight once again...)
    one arm overheads 3x12 15lbs
    alternating arm curl 3x12 20lbs

TOO MUCH VOLUME

After my lifting i usually did 15-30 minutes of abs and 30-1 hour of cardio either on the treadmill or around town. Like i said, this is just what i've seen, i'm not an expert or anything, so others may tell u different. It would also help to know what ur daughters body type is and fitness level...things like that. As for diet, the biggest thing I did was added more protein and fiber, less sugar, salt, fat. Especially soda and fast food. those are killers. Starting out i didn't buy much as far as supps go...just some whey protein and i would grab a detour bar for snacks.

IM SORRY, BUT THIS ROUTINE IS TERRIBLE. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ADVICE TO OTHER PEOPLE UNTIL YOU GET A SOUND WORKOUT GOING YOURSELF.
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books:

First of all...i said that was my BEGINNING workout...which is why it has low weights at higher reps...having been training for 3 years now alot of this got cut out, i do pyramid sets now and at alot higher weights. This workout is straight from my trainer, who has been in the gym for quiet a while and has helped a couple guys get to contests in his day. I'm sure it is not perfect, like i said i am no expert, but i just gave what a CERTIFIED trainer gave me...As far as results go...i am very satisfied with my body. In fact, so are plenty of other people who come up to me and ask me what i do to get what i got. I have taken down varsity wrestlers with the power in my legs...(i admit my arms need work) and i look damn good in a bathing suit otherwise i wouldn't say it. Yes, this workout was packed full because it was just to get me familiar with different things and get my muscles on track. Also i was training for multiple sports at the time...thats where things like hip flexers fit in...Today i am training for competition in the close future and my workout has changed dramatically. I DO use heavy weights and low sets just like the guy friends i work out with. But I posted this workout because most girls aren't into heavy lifting...they should be...but how many women do u see in the gym benching much over their own body weight...especially a 15 year old...As u prolly noticed the workout i posted is all dbells, not bar work because that starts ur muscles from having not one arm doing more work then the other for example. Yea, plenty of guys i've seen think the only thing worth doing is benching...but it's usually funny cuz i can put up more than them...and i've done it. Every body's goals are different, so some lifts may be not for them. I wouldn't say the hip sled is useless...bodybuilders at my gym use it and they are shown in any fitness magazine i've opened. I understand where you are coming from...there is alot of volume in the workouts, and later on it will be unecessary and overtraining, but at the beginning u just wanna get a feel for good form and stuff. Anyways, i don't see anybody else posting a routine up here so i thought i would try to help out. I'm not criticizing u are accusing you of being wrong, but i also do NOT believe i have NO clue what i'm talking about. There's a lot i don't know, but saying that i don't have a sound workout myself is a bit exaggerating when you haven't even seen my progress or anything.
    (Russell Athletic ad)

I am going to have a very hard time giving you back comments on this post because it is VERY hard to read. I'll give it my best shot though.....

FY- I'm not yelling in your quote, just trying to make my comments easy to read from yours.

First of all...i said that was my BEGINNING workout...which is why it has low weights at higher reps...( JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE/WERE A BGEINNER DOESNT MEAN YOU NEED TO USE HIGHER REPS AND A LIGHT WEIGHT)having been training for 3 years now alot of this got cut out, i do pyramid sets now and at alot higher weights(IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO GAIN STRENGTH OR MASS, THERE ARE MORE EFFECTIVE METHODS THAN PYRAMIDS). This workout is straight from my trainer, who has been in the gym for quiet a while and has helped a couple guys get to contests in his day. I'm sure it is not perfect, like i said i am no expert, but i just gave what a CERTIFIED trainer gave me(CERTIFIED MEANS NOTHING - THERE ARE PLENTY OF TRAINERS WITH CERTIFICATION THAT GIVE HORRIBLE ROUTINES)....As far as results go...i am very satisfied with my body. In fact, so are plenty of other people who come up to me and ask me what i do to get what i got. I have taken down varsity wrestlers with the power in my legs...(i admit my arms need work) and i look damn good in a bathing suit otherwise i wouldn't say it. Yes, this workout was packed full because it was just to get me familiar with different things and get my muscles on track(BEGINNERS NEED EVEN LESS VOLUME THAN MORE EXPERIENCED LIFTERS. THEIR CNS MAY BE ABLE TO TAKE MORE OF A WORKLOAD, BUT MENTALLY AND MUSCLE WISE ITS BEST TO START OFF WITH A VERY BASIC ROUTINE WITH LITTLE VOLUME). Also i was training for multiple sports at the time...thats where things like hip flexers fit in(YOU CAN TRAIN YOUR HIP FLEXORS WITHOUT USING THE ABDUCTOR/ADDUCTOR MACHINE JUST FINE.)...Today i am training for competition in the close future and my workout has changed dramatically. I DO use heavy weights and low sets just like the guy friends i work out with. But I posted this workout because most girls aren't into heavy lifting...they should be...but how many women do u see in the gym benching much over their own body weight...especially a 15 year old(WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BENCHING OVER YOUR BODYWEIGHT TO BE LIFTING HEAVY? YES, ITS LESS COMMON FOR WOMEN TO BENCH MORE THAN BODYWEIGHT, BUT IT STILL DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY SHOULD LIFT LIGHT. THE REASON WHY MOST WOMEN LIFT LIGHT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE MIS-INFORMED. IF YOU FEEL THAT WOMEN SHOULD LIFT HEAVY, WHY POST A ROUTINE WHERE YOU SUGGEST LIGHT LIFTING?)...As u prolly noticed the workout i posted is all dbells, not bar work because that starts ur muscles from having not one arm doing more work then the other for example(THATS COMPLETE FALLACY, WHO GAVE YOU THIS MINDSET?). Yea, plenty of guys i've seen think the only thing worth doing is benching...but it's usually funny cuz i can put up more than them...and i've done it(WHERE DID I MENTION THAT THE ONLY THING WORTH DOING IS BENCHING?!? YOU'RE GOING OFF TANGENT. THIS JUST LOOKS LIKE A POOR ATTEMPT AT IMPRESSING OTHERS). Every body's goals are different, so some lifts may be not for them. I wouldn't say the hip sled is useless...bodybuilders at my gym use it and they are shown in any fitness magazine i've opened(WHOPPITY-DO. JUST BECAUSE YOU SEE SOMEONE ELSE DOING SOMETHING DOESN'T MEAN ITS WORTH-WHILE. ESPECIALLY IN MAGAZINES.). I understand where you are coming from...there is alot of volume in the workouts, and later on it will be unecessary and overtraining, but at the beginning u just wanna get a feel for good form and stuff. Anyways, i don't see anybody else posting a routine up here so i thought i would try to help out. I'm not criticizing u are accusing you of being wrong, but i also do NOT believe i have NO clue what i'm talking about. There's a lot i don't know, but saying that i don't have a sound workout myself is a bit exaggerating when you haven't even seen my progress or anything.(I AM GOING BY WHAT YOU POSTED AS YOUR WORKOUT.OVBVIOUSLY PEOPLE CAN ONLY GO BY WHAT YOU SAY ON THESE FORUMS, AND NOT ASSUME THAT YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT IF YOU SAY THATS WHAT YOU DID. I ALSO NEVER SAID THAT YOU HAD NO CLUE. I SAID THAT ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POST POOR ROUTINES FOR PEOPLE THAT YOU HAVE ONCE FOLLOWED YOURSELF.
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books:

I wasn't saying that you were wrong in the first place. Nobody's workout is going to be the ONLY right workout. Just like diets are the "right" diet until a new one comes along, disproving the old one. But in a way, they all have parts that work. And different things work for different people. Like pyramid sets...obviously they work for somebody or else they wouldn't still be around. I'm sure plenty of people on here do them. And it's what all the guys do at my gym so i just follow suit. As far as women lifting, yes, they should lift heavy...but in all honesty not many women want to put forth that effort, especially when it means finding a spotter and feeling sore the next day. A 15 year old girl is gonna be discouraged that way. And i never said YOU said benching was the only thing worth it...but i see alot of guys who have that attitude and think they are the best lifters around...Lastly, i would think they wouldn't show top fitnes/figure competitors doing lifts that were useless and saying how they fit them into their routine...just a thought
    (Russell Athletic ad)

I wasn't saying that you were wrong in the first place. Nobody's workout is going to be the ONLY right workout. Just like diets are the "right" diet until a new one comes along, disproving the old one. But in a way, they all have parts that work. And different things work for different people. Like pyramid sets...obviously they work for somebody or else they wouldn't still be around. I'm sure plenty of people on here do them. And it's what all the guys do at my gym so i just follow suit. As far as women lifting, yes, they should lift heavy...but in all honesty not many women want to put forth that effort, especially when it means finding a spotter and feeling sore the next day. A 15 year old girl is gonna be discouraged that way. And i never said YOU said benching was the only thing worth it...but i see alot of guys who have that attitude and think they are the best lifters around...Lastly, i would think they wouldn't show top fitnes/figure competitors doing lifts that were useless and saying how they fit them into their routine...just a thought
    The thing that is bothing me about your posts, StoneAngel, is the fact that they look very presumptous and a little nieve. Its completely rediculous to assume that a 15 year old girl is not willing to put forth enough effort to make her sore after lifting. I can tell you for a fact that I know plenty of 15 year olds that are very willing to lift with intensity - and when I was 15 I was one of them. The only reason that some 15 year old should not lift heavy in all cases is if they are still growing, which many are not (females, at least). Very heavy lifting can slow down growth rates if the plates fuse. I lifted heavy when I was 15 and I'm 5'10, so it didn't effect me, nor has it ever cases problems for anyone else I've known personally.

I also never said that pyramids do NOT work, I said that there were more effective ways to build strength or mass. Big difference there. There are many routines and tecniques that are still around that are not effective or safe. Same goes for diet. I am not saying that pyramids are unsafe, but I am making a point that just because something is around doesn't make it worth doing. I also find it a little disturbing that you seem to follow what everyone is doing at the gym, just because they do it. Learn for yourself why you should do a certain routine, don't just follow whatever someone else is doing or what a trainer hands you.

I'm still confused at why you are bringing up the men that only bench - what kind of context does this have in this post?

In terms of fitness comps, where are you finding their routines? In magazine articles? Without getting long winded, there are plenty of loopholes in those articles that are talored to fit the magazine crowd. I believe things when I see them in real life, not read them in articles. Also, we are not talking about fitness comps here, we are talking about a routine for a 15 year old girl. This is going off tangent once again.
    www.personalsguide.net

Sex and Dating Books: