tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000) tre14 is a name known to all. (+5000)

how do you know if your an ectomorph

i'm a pretty lean guy, i think. 5'11" 158lbs, but does that automatically mean im an ectomorph? how does someone truely know? is there a test of some sort, like wrist circumference or something? any advice would be useful. thanks

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no... if you can't put on weight easily then you are probably an ectomorph...

you can be a mix though:

ectomorph
    ecto-mesomorph
    meso-ectomorph
    mesomorph
    meso-endomorph
    endo-mesomorph
    endomorph

at 158 you should be gaining decent mass at 3200-3300 calories if you are a mesomorph... if you find you need about 4000 calories per day to gain weight then you are an ectomorph for sure... also if you are tall and lanky there is a good chance you are an ecto. If you are more naturally of a solid build then you are probably closer to a mesomorph. If you are round and heavy, you are probably and endo.

jwcalla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, I would say you should be able to tell by looking at your bone structure. If you're narrow-shouldered and have a short torso, you're probably ectomorphic.

In terms of wrist circumference, the general rule is that if you wrap your thumb and forefinger around your wrist, and they either touch or overlap, you're probably an ectomorph.

If so... join the club.

John

chrisw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

well

i could tell i was one when i could count every single rib on my rib cage without a X-Ray....lol

if you eat alot and never gain you are one,
    Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected.

Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jeremy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: well

Originally posted by chrisw
    i could tell i was one when i could count every single rib on my rib cage without a X-Ray....lol

if you eat alot and never gain you are one,

WOW, i remember when i could do that. Now all I count there is a 4 pack.
    6'-2" Ectomorph @ 194 Pounds

"Size does NOT mean knowledge in this sport".

AIM: Jeremy102579

IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000) IronMike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    An ectomorph (endurance athlete) possesses a low body fat percentage level, small bone size, a high metabolism, and a small amount of muscle mass and muscle size.

An mesomorph (power athlete) possesses a low to medium body fat percentage level, medium to large bone size, a medium to high metabolism, and a large amount of muscle mass and muscle size.

An endomorph (non athlete) possesses a high body fat percentage level, large bone size, a slow metabolism, and a small amount of muscle mass and muscle size.

Some other points:

Ectomorph

thin
    flat chest
    delicate build
    young appearance
    tall
    lightly muscled
    stoop-shouldered
    Has trouble gaining weight.
    Muscle growth takes longer

Endomorph

soft body
    underdeveloped muscles
    round shaped
    over-developed digestive system
    trouble losing weight
    generally gains muscle easily.

Mesomorph

hard, muscular body
    overly mature appearance
    rectangular shaped
    thick skin
    upright posture
    gains or loses weight easily
    grows muscle quickly

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks Ironmike, i was wondering what all those morph and shmorph things were.

I am a Mesomorph

I am just not sure about the rectangular shape
    I deffently have an overly mature appearence.
    I am 16½ and have been told i look like a 18-20 year old.

Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The wrist thing is a good determiner. (I can touch pinky and thumb However, if I were you I wouldn't worry about it and just eat a lot and work out hard.

Hardgainer Personified ShallowGrave's Avatar
    ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShallowGrave has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol, my thumb covers the entire nail on my index finger when I wrap it around.
    "That laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve to encourage rather than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"
    -Thomas Jefferson