Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Whats the best exercise for building inner chest?

I've been working on chest and the outside of my chest is pretty well developed, but you can tell my inner chest is lacking. Any suggestions?

BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BeHappy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You MUST keep building until there is enough mass to cover the midsection. Eventually your chest will move along in all areas. Try flyes if you havent already

HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HassanMK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tim Colman
    I've been working on chest and the outside of my chest is pretty well developed, but you can tell my inner chest is lacking. Any suggestions?
    id suggest chest dips + decline bench...

ur probably already doing bench, that works the inner part of the chest aswell..
    Height: 5'11"

lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50) lamby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    flys

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You cannot work the "inner" chest. If you work the chest as a whole, it will all grow over time. Here's what you need...

Flat Press (dumbbell or barbell)

Incline Press (dumbbell or barbell)

Dips (leaning forward, chin tucked) (add weight if your BW is too easy)

And some sort of fly movement. Cable crossovers, flat dumbbell flyes, pec deck, etc.

Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tim Colman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so just hit some flys, weighted dips, and just normal chest excercises? And my chest will eventually fill out? havn't been doing flys latley cause I'm not to sure i was doing them right, but i will look at them on this site and learn the right way. Thanks

rip to shreds in progress raymondh's Avatar
    raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    in terms of the "inner chest" is a concept many have thought that one can develop in isolation. NO.

When you train the chest gradually, you will have more mass, and more mass. Eventually, this mass will fill out all areas of the chest, giving your chest a grove, which many refers to as the "inner chest"
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuffStuff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots and lots of diamond pushups, flys of course, pectoral flys in a machine. Overall lots and lots of diamond pushups , there the shiznit.
    ------------------------------_______________

if you like what i posted, add to the rep points !

slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slash347 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    cable crossovers

Brads Results Not Typical skullcrusher45's Avatar
    skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000) skullcrusher45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BuffStuff
    lots and lots of diamond pushups, flys of course, pectoral flys in a machine. Overall lots and lots of diamond pushups , there the shiznit.
    diamond pushups mostly work the tris.
    5k+

Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bicep_Man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    close grip bench presses with your elbows "out" might work your innrer chest

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bicep_Man
    close grip bench presses with your elbows "out" might work your innrer chest
    Nope, just puts a lot of stress on the wrists and elbows.
    Meow

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow... can you people not read? It's been posted several times now:

THE INNER CHEST CANNOT BE TARGETED.

The only way to fill that gap is by making your pecs grow. Just keep working the chest, and be patient.

goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000) goth666 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tim Colman

Attached Images

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by goth666
    Lmao!

Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000) Boridi is just really nice. (+1000)
    there isnt an inner chest, scientifically.

Internet Tough Guy MrDreamWeaver's Avatar
    MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrDreamWeaver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember reading something on ABC Bodybuilding about working the inner chest.
    At the peak of your bench press (when your arms are fully extended upwards) bring the weight back down only 5 or so inches then push it back up (remember to keep your chest flexed), keep doing this until failure. Once again, I do not endorse this exercise, but it may be worth a shot.
    Post of the year:
    Originally Posted by D-Guy
    I have a guy at my gym that likes to take a 30-60 minute nap before he works out. He grabs a padded matt from the ab area and rolls it up and just falls asleep in the corner of the gym. It's really funny to see.

Post of the year2:
    Originally Posted by X tupac X
    I CALLED bodybuilding.com to ask them to remove a post I had made earlier...

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MrDreamWeaver
    I remember reading something on ABC Bodybuilding about working the inner chest.
    At the peak of your bench press (when your arms are fully extended upwards) bring the weight back down only 5 or so inches then push it back up (remember to keep your chest flexed), keep doing this until failure. Once again, I do not endorse this exercise, but it may be worth a shot.
    Sounds like triceps to me...

KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50) KopyKat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im pretty sure the chest should be worked as a whole, either upper or lower. The "inner" chest seems to have thinner muscle than the outer, its also a bit higher so the muscle has to creep up it and fill it in with time and mass. I think inclines hit that part of the chest more than anything. Just my 2 cents.

chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel pec deck worsk my inner chest

Dark714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Flys... my inner chest is somewhat lacking.. and I just picked up on them.
    Current:
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 124 lbs.
    Arms: 12.5'

June 2005 (Hopefully)
    Weight: 140 lbs.
    Arms: 14'

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bignbuff
    You cannot work the "inner" chest. If you work the chest as a whole, it will all grow over time. Here's what you need...

Flat Press (dumbbell or barbell)

Incline Press (dumbbell or barbell)

Dips (leaning forward, chin tucked) (add weight if your BW is too easy)

And some sort of fly movement. Cable crossovers, flat dumbbell flyes, pec deck, etc.
    I know this is conventional wisdom, but I have to disagree. I used to have no inner chest, then I did alot of dips, changing nothig else in my program. Now my inner chest is even with my outer chest--which hasn't grown.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Originally Posted by Woden
    I know this is conventional wisdom, but I have to disagree. I used to have no inner chest, then I did alot of dips, changing nothig else in my program. Now my inner chest is even with my outer chest--which hasn't grown.
    The "inner chest" gap is most notable between the lower pecs. Dips work the lower pecs. Bigger lower pecs --> smaller gap.

Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    Wow... can you people not read? It's been posted several times now:

THE INNER CHEST CANNOT BE TARGETED.

The only way to fill that gap is by making your pecs grow. Just keep working the chest, and be patient.
    yes it can, idiot.

and btw, flyes are the WORST thing for building your inner chest.

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There are none... give up now, your muscles run laterally accross your chest, there is no way to extend the muscle belly in that way. Its your genetics mate.

ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    The "inner chest" gap is most notable between the lower pecs. Dips work the lower pecs. Bigger lower pecs --> smaller gap.
    That's interesting...
    DoN'T Be a FooL... WRaP YouR TooL!

NO! Portugal IS NOT a province of Spain!

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Duggan18
    yes it can, idiot.

i hope u dont think that there is an exercise that CAN build your inner chest only?
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

bigbilljack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cable crossovers are great but a little difficult to master if you are a beginner. Try some flys and eat. You can't grow with no calories!
    Last edited by bigbilljack; 12-30-2004 at 04:02 PM.

Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100) Duggan18 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MrSinister
    i hope u dont think that there is an exercise that CAN build your inner chest only?
    there are exercises that isolate your inner chest alot more than bench press, or flyes.

FACT.

and the only reason everyone on this site says/thinks differently is because they heard it from other people on this site. but hey, its not like me telling anyone different is going to change their ''opinions'' that they have based on everyone else on this site telling them differently, even though they are wrong.

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Duggan18
    yes it can, idiot.

No you cannot. The muscle fibers run laterlaly therefore making it impossible to target certain sides of the pec.
    Meow