But I only wanted to tone Viking22's Avatar
    Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How much time off from lifting needed after Vasectomy

Getting the snipperoo next month. This aint gonna shelve me more than a week is it? I know the doc will probably tell me a month or that he doesn't believe I should be lifting weights at all.

I come to you for the truth.

Have any of you ever had a doctor that supported weight training? All of mine act as if I was killing myself when they find I lift. I could tell them I smoke 8 packs a day and get less of a reaction.
    Green: It's the new Red

Let's just pray we're still allowed to vote in 2012.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking Snippage

I went to the gallows 2 years ago and the doc told me 2 weeks. I wasn't working out regularly then so you'll have to be the judge. A strong word of advice, ice is your friend for the first 48-96 hours post op, don't ice and you'll pay the price. 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off, peas and corn are good icepacks because they conform the the shapes that need to be cooled. Keep your feet up and if ya have any questions that you don't want to be aired publicly, pm me and if I don't have the answer, I'll try to help you find the answer.

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll be fine the next day. Just go easy on the legs,
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NuclearArms
    You'll be fine the next day. Just go easy on the legs,
    Not sure about that. I had it done on a Friday, had them iced down over the weekend, and returned to work on Monday (at the time, it was a pretty physical job). Never had any complications. I'd give yourself at least a few days.

Like Greenfeather said....frozen peas are your friend! lol

Grazing at the Fina Farm Bouncer79's Avatar
    Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bouncer79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Viking22
    I could tell them I smoke 8 packs a day and get less of a reaction.
    LMAO! This is so true!

But I only wanted to tone Viking22's Avatar
    Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Viking22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm getting it done on a Friday. I'm resting Sat/Sun. Mon is Shoulders. Tues is Leg day, but I may just sub a cardio day in there so there's no legs till following tues.

Only thing that worries me is heavy BB shrugs on Mon. That's right in the area there....
    Green: It's the new Red

Let's just pray we're still allowed to vote in 2012.

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think I'd take a week off if I were you. Ouch!
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know quite a few guys that recently had this done. One guy could not sit literally, for a week. They were the size of grapefruits he said. Most guys however have only had major discomfort for a few days. I think it depends on the surgen and how much of a hack he is and how bad he or she scrambles your eggs. LOL

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Chi_town
    I know quite a few guys that recently had this done. One guy could not sit literally, for a week. They were the size of grapefruits he said. Most guys however have only had major discomfort for a few days. I think it depends on the surgen and how much of a hack he is and how bad he or she scrambles your eggs. LOL
    WARNING, IF YOU'RE VERY SQUEAMISH DO NOT READ THE REST BEYOND HERE, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I had the new procedure done, the No Scalpel where they use a set of dissecting forceps to puncture the scrotum to gain access to the vasa. The grapefruits thing is, for the most part, urban legend. Know your surgeon and make sure they know what they're doing.I had a really wierd bruise about 1 cm wide by about 3 cm long right up the base of my penis. It was almost exactly square. Other than the self inflicted wounds below I had an uneventful recovery.
    Ask your doctor just to make sure and follow his or her recommendations to the letter. It's surgery, no matter how trivial you think it is it's still surgery. Wear a jock strap for about 2 weeks too, dangling wedding tackle is not a good thing, I know this first hand!! Also, a reminder that you're not sterile for about 20-25 ejaculations. The biggest problem I had was the following spring when I went back to biking, I was a little achey for a week, but that subsided quickly.
    I hopped off the forklift on monday after I had the procedure and it felt like my balls had disconnected and were heading for my boots. I went to Iraq (as a civilian contractor) at the start of the war and though I'd be cute and straddle the barrel of an M60 and make it look like I had a "BIG GUN". Needless to say I slipped and racked my nads on the barrel, rolled off the tank and split my head open on a mortar tube ( damned Marines, leaving their toys laying about!!) so both heads were hurting as well as my pride. You'd think a guy working on his Ph.D. would know better, I guess I musta missed the common sense class. LOL!

Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rocket is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Skip the Tue. Leg Day, I ripped my stiches out and I wish that pain on no one!!!!!

Rocket
    "Chicks With Muscle Rule"

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I had it done about 6 yrs ago. At the time I wasn't lifting heavy so I didn't have too many problems afterwards. Pullups were an absolute no-no, as were legs for about a week. But chest, shoulders, arms, were doable. I'd recommend giving it a couple of days, as others have said..."ice is your friend."

On the "Way Too Much Information" side of the house....I "test-fired" that night...just to make sure everything was working properly. Unless you have a high tolerance to pain and like to see just how high you can go...I would not recommend doing this.

Talking Test firing

The doc told us that we could resume sex next week. I took her out for a solo flight on monday and then a tandem when she got home. Hey, monday was next week! The pendulum action is not a good thing either when you resume sex i.e. doggie style. You'll forget what your doing and lose all hydraulic pressure, not a good thing to have happen at any time!!!

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER
    The doc told us that we could resume sex next week. I took her out for a solo flight on monday and then a tandem when she got home. Hey, monday was next week! The pendulum action is not a good thing either when you resume sex i.e. doggie style. You'll forget what your doing and lose all hydraulic pressure, not a good thing to have happen at any time!!!

Trying to figure out what you are saying and I think I got it.

I took her out for a solo flight." I take it her is your wife and you mean you had sex with her one on one..

Then a tandem when she got home. Means you tried a 3 way with your wife.

Did I figure out the code?

* * * * * FREE SAMPLES * * * * * *|

Just go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136099081

michaelp [at] AISportsNutrition.com

1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1stindoor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CROWLER
    Trying to figure out what you are saying and I think I got it.

I took her out for a solo flight." I take it her is your wife and you mean you had sex with her one on one..

Then a tandem when she got home. Means you tried a 3 way with your wife.

Did I figure out the code?
    Solo flight = He was working by himself.
    Tandem = She was "hooked" into him.

Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm getting it done on a Friday. I'm resting Sat/Sun. Mon is Shoulders. Tues is Leg day, but I may just sub a cardio day in there so there's no legs till following tues.

Only thing that worries me is heavy BB shrugs on Mon. That's right in the area there....
    rest is always important
    Go ahead, eat that apple!

bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

snip snip

when i had it done i went racing my quad 2 days later..was ok..but my friend was sick for 4 days after he had it done...id rest!!!!!!
    It seems there's always something. Tryin' to bring a good man down. I have no fear of falling. But I hate hitting the ground ...

Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capt. America will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Nothin' to it.

I had mine done 12 years ago. Afterwards I walked across the street to a bar , sat down and ordered a beer and an ice pack. I sat there for several hours drinking and chilling my nuts. I had no pain nor swelling. It was done on a Friday and I was back in the gym Sunday morning. Just cut back the weight for a solid week, DON'T STRAIN YOURSELF. Going a little lighter for a week isn't going to hurt and I'd give the deads and squats a good week off to be on the safe side. You'll never regret getting it done, just be sure you don't want anymore kids.

Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lardog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everybody is different. I've known guys that "said" they had no problems whatsoever with lifting. (don't know if they were just being macho or what)However, when I had it done (several years ago), the doc told me no lifting at all for about a week, and then go kind of light for the next week. I had it done on Friday and rested Sat & Sun. Monday morning, I felt really good, and at work (throwing around 4'x8' sheets of 3/4" particale board) I didn't have any problems. Tuesday morning, I was a sore, but nothing I couldn't work through (because, well you know, "I'm a big guy and I can handle a little pain" plus I was young and stupid). Wednesday morning, I was hurting a little more, but "hey, I can still deal with it". Thursday by noon I was seriously hurtin' and ended up going home and putting ice back on them.

I didn't rip any stitches (luckily), but I did learn a valuable lesson. Listen to your body. If it's telling you to take 'er easy, then take 'er easy.

And bump on the frozen peas like Greenfeather mentioned.
    My brain is hanging upside-down

ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToBeOrNotToBe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Getting the snipperoo next month. This aint gonna shelve me more than a week is it? I know the doc will probably tell me a month or that he doesn't believe I should be lifting weights at all.

I come to you for the truth.

Have any of you ever had a doctor that supported weight training? All of mine act as if I was killing myself when they find I lift. I could tell them I smoke 8 packs a day and get less of a reaction.
    So, you believe some forum members with a total lack of knowledge in that area can give you the "truth", while doctors couldn't! That's funny...
    DoN'T Be a FooL... WRaP YouR TooL!

NO! Portugal IS NOT a province of Spain!

Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr. Someday is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe
    So, you believe some forum members with a total lack of knowledge in that area can give you the "truth", while doctors couldn't! That's funny...

That's a good point, but it took me years to find a orthopedic who could work with me on injuries and help change up my routines to keep moving forward. Before that, I mostly got "take some advil and stop lifting"....good advice probably for a casual gym goer, not sound advice for anyone with any sort of dedication. In the end, someone here already said it, you have to listen to your body. It knows best when it's a judgement call.

DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DanMc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    let your body tell you when it is time. I had mine 4 years ago and had a slight issue. Well not so slight none doctors lingo as follows. Left nut forgot to stop producing swimmers. Causing major swelling and intense pain ice and meds for a few days ..and a LOT of beer. Still well worth it.

Dan