hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone here gone from being skinny to buff????

Just if anyone can post what they went through when they were buffing up. I too am skinny and wanting to bulk up so any input would be appreciated. I just need a lil bit of motivation.

MarvynDT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'10" and I went from 138lbs to 170lbs since August. I wouldn't say I'm buffed, but I'm not embarrased to walk around in a tight tshirt. Shows off the my hard work.

I've learned that bodybuilding is about nutrition and lifting heavy. There's lots of information that I learned from this forum that helped me along the way.

temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50) temporary will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In a short time I went from 130 to 150 and I'm hopeing 170 by summer. (5'10)

I had to take a break during essays/finals and now I'm sick. So 2005 will mean some serious bulking.

BigB04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i'm 6'2 went from 148 to 187 right now in 4 months. Nearly have my 6pack back... well a 4 pack lol

alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 5'11", 170lbs. I was about 130lbs 5 years ago when I first started lifting. I stayed fairly skinny up until the last year when I started eating more, since then I've gained about 20 lbs. It feels great but I am not where I want to be yet. The last person that called me 'skinny' quickly corrected themself before I could say anything, that was a long time ago. Since then, no one else made any kind of skinny comment. It's also funny because a lot of people I never talked to are friendly to me now, and people that might have given me **** when I was thin seem to have a lot more respect. The attention from girls is nice too, you get more looks and the girls you hang around with will comment about your muscles.

Good luck staying motivated. I know I can't wait to see my 6-pack for the first time ever when I cut for next summer, it's been 5 years in the making.

Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Desp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I'm 6'1" and I weighed 180 pounds, at my work all the time people would call me "little" and "skinny", I'm upto 200 pounds and I don't get the "little, skinny" comments as much anymore, but still occasionally, fat bastards. I assume they speek from a comparitive basis. Actually since I have gained 20 pounds the legs of my pants are too small, and the waist is still fine, so now I have to move up a pants size because of the damn legs, yet now they all say "you just need to loose some weight". They've all gotten fatter as time has gone on, I've gotten bigger, yet they compare their fat/beer belly gains to mine. They go on, "wow, you eat all the time, you're going to get so fat" as I'm eating my 2 chicken breasts and vegetables, while they're eating their burger and fries with the chocolate cake.
    Blah blah

hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hooplife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

If you guys are all telling the truth those all seem like good gains. But big boy did u really gain 39 pounds in 4 months????

forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) forklift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hooplife
    If you guys are all telling the truth those all seem like good gains. But big boy did u really gain 39 pounds in 4 months????
    muscle grows slower than fat. keep lighter and slower til you can feel isolated fibers.

like a triceps pushdown: your rear upper arm tightens but it's not really moving (only the lower arm)
    http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...BPushdown.html

ps i don't think the guy in this video should let his hands come all the way up because then he needs shoulders to start pushing down again.
    Last edited by forklift; 12-28-2004 at 03:17 AM.

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It would be reasonable to gain 20 lbs of lean mass in your first year. I have been training people for a long time and I have never met anyone who gained 40 lbs of MUSCLE in 4 months. However, if you sit down and really dedicate yourself to it, you could see results in no time. When I first started working out 6 years ago, I was 5-10 140 soaking wet. I really focused on getting my body in good shape, in fact it was my New Year's resolution way back when. Now I am 5-10 185 and have around 10% bf. With dedication and focus, you can easily reach whatever goal you have. Best of luck...

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Yeah I'm not buying the 39 pounds in 4 months...

For me... I started out skinny everywhere except a bulbous gut... I had pencil arms, chicken legs, and puny shoulders. (I'd been laid up for months with a knee injury.)

When I started out, I cut down fat really fast... And within 3 months I found myself at 201... and 10.8% body fat... In the following 10 months I'm as of yesterday morning: 221, and 12.3% body fat.

I should also note that once upon a time in the spring of 1995, I was this same height and 165... When I look at those old pictures, the old me looks like a friggin' snack for the new me!

You just have to keep at it... Keep hittin' it... Having patience and dedication, will make the skinny go away.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10) EliteRightist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hooplife-I started training in March 2004 and until June, I still weighed about 150 lbs. I'm 5'4", so I wasn't too skinny, but I definitely wasn't big. Since then, I've gained nearly 40lbs. of muscle while staying around the same bodyfat. Now, I'm not cut, since I'm a powerlifter, but as of this week, I weigh 188lbs still at 5'4".

geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50) geoffsherman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You mean to tell me that you gained 40 lbs of lean muscle in 9 months?!?!? If so, you are on roids, otherwise, you are full of it...

Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hooplife
    Just if anyone can post what they went through when they were buffing up. I too am skinny and wanting to bulk up so any input would be appreciated. I just need a lil bit of motivation.
    me too
    Go ahead, eat that apple!

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good work everyone!

Throughout my years of training, I have gone from being about 103lbs in High School to about 190 today.

Throughout those years I have cut down and bulked up and been at varying levels of bodyfat depending on whether I was training for Powerlifting or Bodybuilding.

Here is a link to the my progress pictures throughout my years of training.
    Hopefully this will be inspirational for all the really small guys out there.
    http://michaelandkendra.com/Progress/Progress1.htm

More recently I have just completed a 6 month bulking phase that followed my most recent competition last June. I have gained 36 pounds in the past 26 weeks while still maintaining a reasonable level of body fat.

Here's a link to my other thread where I posted my most recent bulking pics.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=375660

I hope you enjoy seeing the pics and my progress over the years.

Happy New Year,

- EME
    Free BMR and Calorie Need Calculator
    http://www.physiquefx.com/bmr-calculators/

Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Light Holder has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the only way my year will be happy is if i get laid
    Go ahead, eat that apple!

SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SgtMcNary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by geoffsherman
    It would be reasonable to gain 20 lbs of lean mass in your first year. I have been training people for a long time and I have never met anyone who gained 40 lbs of MUSCLE in 4 months. However, if you sit down and really dedicate yourself to it, you could see results in no time. When I first started working out 6 years ago, I was 5-10 140 soaking wet. I really focused on getting my body in good shape, in fact it was my New Year's resolution way back when. Now I am 5-10 185 and have around 10% bf. With dedication and focus, you can easily reach whatever goal you have. Best of luck...
    I went from 5'10 130 to 160 in 3 months... granted I was at bootcamp and didnt have much of a choice but it is still very possible to put on lean muscle. It just takes ALOT of dedication

Thanx guys im gonna work extra hard to make sure I become bigger. I hate being skinny and weak. Now that I have inspiration, come march Ill be hitting the weights hard and eating correctly.

EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10) EctoHooligan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    6'1". Gained 30 lbs since August (from 185 to 215). Now I am out with a neck injury (too much studying).

I did a modified version of HST (modified to accomodate my pathetic home gym).

Dietarily: I ingested less than 1 g of protein per lb of body weight, most of it being ingested within 20 hours of a workout. Otherwise I ate normally. The funny thing was, I gained 10-15 lbs the first year, and much of it was fat, so I had really low expectations for year 2 (which began in August). I guess I just found a routine that worked for me.

I don't consider myself buff, but a friend recently called me that. So, you can do it, too.