Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Arete is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you maintain muscle mass so that a lagging body part can catch up?

What do you do to train a bodypart to maintain the muscle that you have there, but not to get any more, and still be able to eat enough to let a lagging bodypart grow?

My body (size, strength, and even general development) is extremely disproportionate between upper and lower. My legs are in pretty good shape (I can't imagine why, though), but my upper body is a sack of crap.

If I wanted to just maintain my lower body strength and size until my upper body catches up, how would I do it?

daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daninthemix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Simple. Don't increase the weight, or number of sets or reps.

Without a progressive load the body will not grow.
    "We know Burns has the trillion dollar bill somewhere in his house, but all we've been able to ascertain from satellite photos is that it's not on the roof".

www.daninthemix.com

Stats: 7'1", 100 lbs
    BodyPoints: 37384
    Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Defiant1 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Defiant1's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Arete
    What do you do to train a bodypart to maintain the muscle that you have there, but not to get any more, and still be able to eat enough to let a lagging bodypart grow?

My body (size, strength, and even general development) is extremely disproportionate between upper and lower. My legs are in pretty good shape (I can't imagine why, though), but my upper body is a sack of crap.

If I wanted to just maintain my lower body strength and size until my upper body catches up, how would I do it?
    Maintaining is EASY. Just do 3 sets of 10 or so at a low intensity 1x per week for that bp.