Strikeforce or bust DONJUANPIMPIN's Avatar
    DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000)

What grade is a good age to start lifting

Topic my little brother is in the 6th grade and wants to start lifting YAY or NAY
    I'm
    Born to Lose
    Built To Win
    New Blog life,bjj,lifting
    cashonomics.org

DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DahKid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    YAY, he is 11 I suppose? Let him lift with you and ONLY with you. Low Weight/High Reps is the only thing he should be really doing at such a young age. Make sure he has proper form on all the lifts and dont max out on any lifts...not even the big 3.

Rep me if this helped.
    Why wouldn't someone want to take care of their own body?

BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigBoogie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish I started in my early teens. I have 2 boys, I plan on starting them around 14.

HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HydroStorm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yea, exactly what dahkid said. low weight/high reps, 15-20, and watch him whenever he's lifting. This early, he should be looking for form and not so much the benefits. He'll still see gains in strength and mass.

aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aiwass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My brother started in 7th grade, although that was just curls and push-ups/sit-ups. He started proper weight training this year, in 9th grade.

Strikeforce or bust DONJUANPIMPIN's Avatar
    DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000) DONJUANPIMPIN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks I'll think I'll wait for him till maybe next year since he will be 13 thanks for all the replys
    I'm
    Born to Lose
    Built To Win
    New Blog life,bjj,lifting
    cashonomics.org

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DahKid
    YAY, he is 11 I suppose? Let him lift with you and ONLY with you. Low Weight/High Reps is the only thing he should be really doing at such a young age. Make sure he has proper form on all the lifts and dont max out on any lifts...not even the big 3.

Rep me if this helped.
    Bump, make sure there form is good like this guy said. Teach him the fundamentals.
    Meow

Effort > Weight Force1sTipToppe's Avatar
    Force1sTipToppe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Force1sTipToppe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ide say like 8th.. maybe?
    What the french toast...?

rip to shreds in progress raymondh's Avatar
    raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    definitely not until freshmen in high school.
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

NeWbIe079 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aiwass
    My brother started in 7th grade, although that was just curls and push-ups/sit-ups. He started proper weight training this year, in 9th grade.
    Thats what i did worked pretty good for me.

thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000) thecheezman is just really nice. (+1000)
    yay dude just dont have him big mass building just strengthen the muscles

0=aLeX=0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 0=aLeX=0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the earlier the better (within reason) just make ABSOUTELY SURE that hes being 100% safe and using 100% good form and he probally shouldnt me naxing out at all IMHO.

ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShibbyCreatine will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by DahKid

Rep me if this helped.

If he wants to lift weight that bad, i believe you are on the right track advising him to start off light with a higher rep scheme, just to build a solid base for when he's a bit older. Tell him it would be better on his body if he doesnt train with too high of an intensity; maybe twice or thrice weekly.

Have a WONDERFUL day
    http://www.treasuretrooper.com/158449

Stats:
    18 years old
    5'10
    177lbs
    9% body fat, done with skin fold calipers

bench 285lbs
    squat 325lbs, ass to ground
    deadlift 445lbs

Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10) Danik is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looking back I'd say 13 to 14 is a safe age to start lifting. The horomones should be shooting up at that point, and under proper supervision they should be fine.