Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

fluffychin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pavel Tsatsouline DeadLift Routine

am i right or wrong in assuming that Pavel advised people to deadlift 2 sets of 5 reps, once a day for 5 days a week and only deadlift, no other excersises?

Stats: 204 lbs
    BodyPoints: 23302
    John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit John Prophet's BodySpace
    hmmm..hard to say...but I think he has good solid ideas as far as strength. most of his stuff is not for getting huge though cuz its low vol not to failure etc

u might be thinking of this article http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/69/

BodyPoints: 14091
    Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Kane Fan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Kane Fan's BodySpace
    well in his book power to the people he says the Deadlift isthe most important exercise
    but he also recomends a press of some type due to the Deadlift not working pressing muscles
    I PERSONALLY also like to add in other lifts
    but if you just do Deadlifts and FLat Bench or OH Press you can do pretty well like that
    No-Dope-Crew.

here's something more constructive
    I helped a guy gain 1/4" on his biceps with 1 workout, and it was definatly volume training
    eat that you buncha HIT nazi's
    (also helped Jesin gain 6/10 " and Q gained 1/10th", also DoctorX2k2 gained 1/4")

-unrelated bicep comment-
    and btw, I can Hammer Curl the 120's dangit!

March: 275+
    April: 265
    May: 260
    June/July/August: 255
    Late Sept: 245 (all +/- 2 lbs)

John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) John Prophet has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    yeah..I think he has quite a few routines that r two exercises only . Pretty sure they value deads and overhead presses as true tests of manhood. They are also big on chins

interesting.

before i went to the gym and only had a barbell i used to do these two excersises, and it got me a pretty good base. maybe people really dont need 990excersises per workout and only 2 will work. il read into it more, mabe give it a try.

i dont think i could handel deadlifts 5 times a week though.

yeah, not sure where he says do em 5x per week. I do know that he likes hi frequency...BUT part of that formula is also that the volume is LOW and you are not going to be going to failure

u have the 3 factors--frequency, intensity, volume. Different programs use those 3 in different ways

HIT= high intensity, low vol, low freq

Sheiko=high volume, medium to high frequency, low to med intensity

Pavels stuff is usually= high freq, low volume, low to medium intensity

Originally Posted by John Prophet View Post
    yeah, not sure where he says do em 5x per week. I do know that he likes hi frequency...BUT part of that formula is also that the volume is LOW and you are not going to be going to failure

u have the 3 factors--frequency, intensity, volume. Different programs use those 3 in different ways

HIT= high intensity, low vol, low freq

Sheiko=high volume, medium to high frequency, low to med intensity

Pavels stuff is usually= high freq, low volume, low to medium intensity
    the 5x a week deadlift, its in a article i read ages ago, well i think it was him, or it was something to do with russians and their soviet science stuff, their idea of practise makes perfect. which in one way i guess is true, but i bet it would overtrain a person pretty quickly if they were to ego hungry.

high intensity training, thats a decent way to train, well for strength anyway i found, doesnt take long before it takes motivation out of you though as it drains you.