Registered User NewBodyBuilder7's Avatar
    NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on timing of post-workout shake

After I'm done working out, typically a 60 minute workout or so, I immediately consume two scoops of ON Whey Protein mixed with water.

Unless I have cardio to do, I'll be in the locker room for 20 minutes or so sauna, shower, change, and then 15 minute drive home. To get a better protein shake, including more carbs, I'd have to wait about 30-45 minutes after I'm done working out.

My question is, should I drink one scoop of ON Whey (24g protein) at the gym, and then 30 minutes later make a protein shake at home with oats? Should I do two scoops at the gym and make another with oats when I get home? Should I forget the one at the gym and just make one when I get home? Just wondering what the best course of action here is. BTW, answer hypothetically, as if the carb part of the shake is only available 30-45 minutes after the workout. I wouldn't mind suggestions on how to make a shake with carbs at the gym, but I'm also just interested on the timing of the entire matter. Thanks.

Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good question. there has been a lot of debate on the 'window of opportunity' when it comes to protein/carb intake after a workout.

what you should do is before coming to the gym, have your water bottle filled with your protein powder and oats. and once you finish your workout, fill it up with water and drink up!

if this isnt a possibility, have your protein shake right after your workout, and when u get home, have your carbs.

PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What about a baggie of dried oats to throw in your gym bag. That way you can just eat them raw or throw them in your shake.

I pack a little 6 pack cooler with some fruit for my pwo. I just keep it in the car and after workout and after shake I can have my simple carbs.

-Padre
    GET AFTER IT!

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also for ur PWO carbs bring along a white bagel/bread with ur favorite jam on it and ake that down.. have a little white bread jelly sandwich.. or have a baggie of some kitty cereal that u could eat on the way home while u slug down ur shake in the car on the drive home

if u perfer oats put them in a bag

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NewBodyBuilder7 View Post
    After I'm done working out, typically a 60 minute workout or so, I immediately consume two scoops of ON Whey Protein mixed with water.

Unless I have cardio to do, I'll be in the locker room for 20 minutes or so sauna, shower, change, and then 15 minute drive home. To get a better protein shake, including more carbs, I'd have to wait about 30-45 minutes after I'm done working out.

My question is, should I drink one scoop of ON Whey (24g protein) at the gym, and then 30 minutes later make a protein shake at home with oats? Should I do two scoops at the gym and make another with oats when I get home? Should I forget the one at the gym and just make one when I get home? Just wondering what the best course of action here is. BTW, answer hypothetically, as if the carb part of the shake is only available 30-45 minutes after the workout. I wouldn't mind suggestions on how to make a shake with carbs at the gym, but I'm also just interested on the timing of the entire matter. Thanks.
    Ideally you should be having it pre-workout anyway.

garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500) garlichead is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't stress over a shake, that window is huge. More importantly, is your pre-workout meal IMO, then your post work meal...the shake is a bonus.
    One problem is....some of our competitors suffer from excessive build quality.

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    take some bread, bagel or oats with you if you want to.
    also read this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...kout+nutrition
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

Registered User NewBodyBuilder7's Avatar
    NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NewBodyBuilder7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've never done the oats and shake combo. Does it taste better than w.o oats? I'd think it'd just make the shake really chunky unless you did it with a blender. Any suggestions on the best way to prepare it?

gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000) gainmusclefast is a name known to all. (+5000)
    we dont eat for taste! just down the shake! use a coffee grinder for the oats
    180lb
    Squat: 465
    Bench: 305
    Deadlift: 545

Motivation has returned Mikey Palmice's Avatar
    Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mikey Palmice will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I blend up my oats in a coffee grinder and put it in my shaker with my whey, so it's ready to go when I am done in the gym. It mixes well, but needs to be shaked a few times while drinking

PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50) PadreC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've never done the oats and shake combo. Does it taste better than w.o oats? I'd think it'd just make the shake really chunky unless you did it with a blender. Any suggestions on the best way to prepare it?
    Just think of it as a little toasty mushy treat at the bottom of your shake.

It's gross...eat the oats raw.
    GET AFTER IT!

flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) flashespitcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    personally i drink a gatorade immediatley after hitting the gym, say on my drive home. then as soon as i get home i mix 2 sxoops of whey, PB, water or skim milk, and some oats or banana if you want

eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyesonly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hah! Does it taste better? Absolutely not! It's a bit hard to drink and swallow even if the oats are ground, but we do it because it helps us!
    /
    -----> If something I said amused, informed, or entertained you, click that white scale-ish icon doohickey on the left. Reps are appreciated, and I rep back! <-----

owe reps to: <your name here>

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bring a bagel/bread with your shake...it really isn't complicated

or wait until you get home, or do what youre doing now...will it make any difference in the long run? no