Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Step_Up is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How to add weight to push-ups?

How do you add more weight? Put a plate on your back? It seems hard to do and it would just slide off. A backpack with weights inside maybe?

Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iceiktitan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you can get special suits that have added weights but that is way expensive. have a partner sit on your back.
    PA (Erie) ABC CHAPTER
    http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=17465

My 2009 Journey - Hell in a Cell
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=339746291

Where I Roam:
    http://www.animalpak.com

Who I am:
    Erie Pennsylvania Animal Barbell Club Coordinator

owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) owned4u has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    backpack with weights works, or if you have a spotter or friend with you when you workout, get in the pushup position, have them put a plate on your back, do the reps you can do, and then have them take it off. Once you do it enough times, you'll get it down so the plate won't slide off, etc.

JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JimScott82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Sandbags work also. If you don't fill the up to much they will "mold" onto your back and will stay without a spotter. Good luck!
    "All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time." - Lewis "Chesty" Puller

"Exert your talents, and distinguish yourself, and don't think of retiring from the world, until the world will be sorry that you retire." - Samuel Johnson

qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qb-killa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What I do is get a standard weightlifting belt, a rope, and two benches. I tie the rope on to my belt and tie it to plates. I do pushups between the two benches with the weights hanging between them. Works great. What I did when I was younger was to put books in my backpack and strap it up real tight. Works good also.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    very awkward, is the reason they're not popular.. if it was easier to do, they would be considered a great chest builder for sure.
    best thing imo is to do it with someone else.. have them stand over you and hold the plates across your back while you do the pushups
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have someone place a plate on you. Or, utilize tools such as a weight vest.

Further, you could purchase power pushup bands which add resistance (http://www.lifelineusa.com/products....4&productid=12).
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

GROPEGRABOSHITWTFBBQ! Hard Drive's Avatar
    Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hard Drive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i just have someone put the 100Lb. dumbell on my lower back, sideways. All it takes is me flipping to the side after I'm done with my reps. Sometimes they put it on a little uneven and it bugs the **** out of me, but oh well. I'm anti-weights in a way, I prefer to stick with natural movements like squats and pullups and pushups and handstand pushups. If I can do something without havign to hold a weight, I'm happy. I rarely squat anymore, I do a variety of leaps and pistols and such, and am still seeing my squat go up every month when I do them for strength testing, same with bench on weighted and one armed pushups, same with t-bar rows and bicep curls from pullups and supine rows.
    Last edited by Kalt; 07-22-2007 at 10:25 PM.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    You can elevate your feet. This will elevate triceps tension, although it will deemphasize the chest and emphasize the shoulders more, so it's not a solution if you're doing pushups for chest.

You can bring your knee to your chest, this shifts more of your bodyweight over your hands. This isn't exactly the best unless you're doing pushups over an elevated surface (feet and hands on chairs) since obviously the knee would get in the way of using full RoM so you could only have the extra resistance at the top when your arms are closer to lockout.

I still think it's a great idea though since I feel much stronger near lockout anyway.

To add resistance, you can drape chains over your back, wear a weighted vest, or wear stretchbands. Some people have partners apply pressure on top of their backs, or even sit on them. Some put a plate on there, personally I think it sounds a bit precarious.

papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) papi93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another way to make pushups more challenging is to use the Power Pushup II by Lifeline. It provides rubber tubing resistance to your pushups. You will have to concentrate on tightening your core or it will pull your lower back into an arch. Thus, it really challenges your abdominals to work as stabilizers.

http://www.mattfurey.com/powerpushup2.html

manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10) manualD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by papi93 View Post
    Another way to make pushups more challenging is to use the Power Pushup II by Lifeline. It provides rubber tubing resistance to your pushups. You will have to concentrate on tightening your core or it will pull your lower back into an arch. Thus, it really challenges your abdominals to work as stabilizers.

http://www.mattfurey.com/powerpushup2.html
    or you can use regular resistance tubing across the back, held down with your hands...

I use bands tied to my pushup bars....