Registered User Definitelynotme's Avatar
    Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How I gained 30 pounds in 10 months

Let me start off by saying that this thread is not intended to be cocky/arrogant!!

I've been working out consistently for 10 months. I am 19 years old, a university student, and have a social life!!!

Exactly 10 months ago, I weighed 180 pounds, I now weigh 210 pounds, with a 2% increase in bodyfat (currently bulking). I'm 6 feet tall.

Some may disagree with my nutrition/routine, but hey, it worked for me! Please feel free to comment/ask questions.

Nutrition:

oats, eggs, shrimp, chicken, tuna, lean beef (in moderation), whole wheat bread, pasta, milk, rice, potatoes, veggies, fruits, cottage cheese, peanut butter, whey, creatine, home made pancakes, water.

I always have over 200 grams of protein daily. My diet is high in protein, and high in carbs.

Pre workout:

oats in water

Post workout:

60 grams whey protein
    creatine
    bag of skittles

Pre bed:

milk
    cottage cheese
    3 tblsp peanut butter
    Quatro protein powder (blend of casein, whey, egg/milk protein)
    This is over 50 grams of protein!!!

Cheat days were every Fridays, and included any kind of junk you can think of. (yes disgusting, yes high calorie)

Supplements:

Whey protein
    Creatine
    multivitamin
    cod liver oil
    (I tried NO Explode, but it didn't do much for me at all)

Exercise Routine:

Mon: Chest, deadlifts, traps
    Wed: Shoulders, triceps
    Fri: Back, biceps

4 days rest per week!! And I always get AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night. This is crucial to recovery.

Do's and Don'ts:

I do drink alcohol once in a while
    I do cook with butter/oils
    I don't eat fast food
    I don't deep fry
    I do eat candy after every workout.
    I don't avoid fats or carbs
    I don't do too much cardio
    I do try to eat healthy most of the time.
    I don't squat. (sue me)
    I do avoid high sodium foods (my cottage cheese is low in sodium)

In no way to I claim to be an expert at this or anything, I'm just letting people know what worked for me!
    Last edited by Definitelynotme; 07-22-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Wrote a year instead of 10 months

neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250) neyeswhip has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    That bag of skittles PWO must have done it for you.

Good job.

Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Definitelynotme has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thank you, skittles ftw!!

He must be on creatine! slaydox's Avatar
    slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I gained 27lbs in 3 months and stayed pretty lean...

Gotta love muscle memory

matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by neyeswhip View Post
    That bag of skittles PWO must have done it for you.

Good job.
    hahah i saw a guy on the forums who said he ate smarties after his workout instead of taking dextrose
    living life

slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500) slaydox is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by matth87 View Post
    hahah i saw a guy on the forums who said he ate smarties after his workout instead of taking dextrose
    Thats because one of the main ingreidents in smarties is dextrose lol

The skittles....well they spike insulin so why not? lol if you dont have any gatorade powder or dextros on hand they work in a pinch

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll never understand why so many people are scared of squats. I mean seriously... how many people do we all know who say "oh I have bad knees".... "I have a bad back"... etc. Whatever.

Squats = the most important lift of all.

bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bigjajajoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    what type of creatine did you use?

Originally Posted by bigjajajoe View Post
    If you've never used it before start off with regular creatine monohydrate. Make sure to take it with something like gatorade powder or dextrose powder aswell to enhance the uptake

Originally Posted by bigjajajoe View Post
    i used 3 different creatines in the course of 10 months..

sizeon
    purple k
    krush

so far Krush has worked the best for me

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by slaydox View Post
    I gained 27lbs in 3 months and stayed pretty lean...

Gotta love muscle memory
    You're 17. You shoulda gained about that much without even trying. I'm not saying you haven't accomplished anything, but your "success" cannot be compared to someone who has reached their adult body type, then starts a training routing. Of course the OP is only 19, but it's still a little different.

Just sayin' is all.
    No sir, I don't like it.

python8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    You're 17. You shoulda gained about that much without even trying. I'm not saying you haven't accomplished anything, but your "success" cannot be compared to someone who has reached their adult body type, then starts a training routing. Of course the OP is only 19, but it's still a little different.

Just sayin' is all.
    I gotta agree with him....

LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LMW is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post

Just sayin' is all.
    no,im pretty sure it was the skittles
    spells restauruant wrong every single time CREW
    can't stop picking my nose CREW
    can't eat unless watching diners , drive-ins and dives CREW
    toenails sharp enough to cut through adamantium CREW
    leave the tap running while brushing my teeth CREW

pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50) pecan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you worked hard. i congratulate you

Registered User midnight_maraud3r's Avatar
    midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50) midnight_maraud3r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol...skittles would be an awesome reward after a hard workout.